Mac is overpriced

>Mac is overpriced

a 27" 5k iMac costs $1799

lets say you wanted to instead build an equivalent PC:

A good 4k monitor will set you back $600 dollars, and you're still getting 4k instead of 5k (3840 x 2160 vs 5120 x 2880)

Using this build: ($1150)
pcpartpicker.com/guide/vHD48d/great-intel-gaming-build

And replacing the SSD with a 60$ HDD bumped up to $80 for the fusion, halving the RAM cost, and replacing the graphics card with the equivalent radeon pro 570, adding a 40$ network card brings us to $879 for a comparable computer.

Keyboard and mouse, $40 (assuming we're being pretty cheap).

Cable, 5$ (again assuming we're being pretty cheap.

Windows: free/pirated

Total: $1524

That's a difference of $275 dollars, but for that you're getting...

-5k resolution instead of 4k
-An all in one instead of tower + lots of cables
-non pirated MacOS + the ability to dual boot Windows or Linux, vs pirated windows and no Mac opportunity
-Warranty + support
-Computer already built for you, vs having to build it yourself
-Built in bluetooth and wifi support
-apple cloud and comfy syncing across your devices

When you consider all that, the Mac suddenly doesn't look so overpriced.

if apple made a desktop that wasn't an AIO I'd gladly buy one, but those fuckers have heat issues.

Can i have a mac that IS a tower + lot of cables?
When i buy a machine i keep it for a long time, and i like to be able to fix it myself as i just can't trust tech supports because i been screwed one too many times by em.

Can you stop posting this thread

pay more for less freedom

I don't need 4k monitors, only bourgeiose needs that kind of crap. 1080p is just fine

And a hardware that beats any mac is less than $400, you just need to know how and what to buy

does the thing support 5k and 4k? last I heard an user posted a screenshot showing that you couldn't even set those resolutions.

why pay an extra $300 to slap all your components into a single case?

if they're all seperate its modular and all your parts work on every other computer setup

fuck off with your b8 you ignorant shill.

1. The GPU in that canned part list is roughly 100% faster and won’t thermal throttle like the Mac, and neither will an equivalent GPU if you go that route
2. Using Macs to run Windows or GNU/Linux is stupid because you’re relying on Apple to provide drivers for their shitty snowflake hardware, and they drop support
3. Fusion drives aren’t special, don’t be retarded, buy your SSD/HDD separately
4. You’re ignoring the fact you can hackintosh that partlist easily, hell you can hackintosh on Ryzen
5. All the parts you buy when you build your own have their own warranties, and you don’t need support because it just works if you’re not dumb
6. iCloud is available on Windows to sync
7. You’re comparing parts as if Apple pays the same amount the consumer does, which is incorrect
8. If any part breaks after the included AppleCare expires you’ll pay out the ass compared to swapping a single component in your tower. Oh, and you actually CAN fix it if something goes wrong

>glossy display
>laptop-tier GPU
>only 8GB RAM
>tiny ssd and hdd
>need separate mouse and keyboard anyway because laptop-tier keyboard and shitty mouse

yeah no thanks

Yeah nice price, now show us how much it costs to upgrade both setups to have the newest GPU with 8 GB of VRAM. After a few years upgrading motherboard + CPU + RAM. You can keep the case, monitor, SSD and any other part that's not motherboard/CPU/RAM. Being able to upgrade any component is the long lasting method and you even get to choose what the end result looks like.

>mac is overpriced

>water is wet

Is Things that desperate at Apple that they have to hire shills to justify their shitty overpriced hardware?

I would say a thread died for this but considering the aggressive shilling here it was most likely also an Apple commercial.

weak b8
2/10 you tried

>Macs are for poor people now

Can't make this shit up

>OS X is considered a plus
That awkward middle child of operating systems with no practical benefits except for the "experience"? Haha no. It's so poorly put together it makes arch+i3 look professional.

>When you consider all that, the Mac suddenly doesn't look so overpriced.
except it uses laptop parts on a desktop, and once one part breaks, the whole thing is useless

damage controll

I've seen this thread like 5 times
actual paid shill

I will give you that base model iMac's aren't overpriced for what their components are.

However, the way those components are packaged is a problem. You would be better off gutting the iMac and making all the components external to the screen to get reasonable performance out of it and the upgrade costs are horrendous.

>AND it can boot Windows.

You can never trust Apple again after they made this.

/thread

>5K on 27" monitor, instead of at least 32"

might as well went 6K on 19"

>Computer already built for you, vs having to build it yourself
Are you too spastic to hold a screwdriver? If yes, then Mac is for you. I'd rather have a flexible platform where i can change components, instead of paying 2k for a glorified console with xbox-tier hardware inside.

>1080p is just fine

If you’re content with shiftiness, sure.

I have a 1080p 27” monitor and it looks terrible. Pixelly

>the GPU in that parts list is 100% faster

Learn to read retard, I adjusted the price to line in it up the same GPU

>and won’t thermal throttle like the Mac, and (neither will an equivalent GPU if you go that route)

>implying you can't pirate macos

you retard a 1080 is about 100% faster than a 570

>he fell for the 27inch monitor meme
24inch 1920 x 1200 is the sweet spot,

While'st a Mac is a nice you can't really take it apart easily. Parts need upgraded overtime. I don't want to spend the money to have a apple employee upgrade it for me, where I can spend less and do it my self, but with an apple product it is hard to self upgrade since the machine is closed.

>30 replies
>not a single one refuting him

This thread unironically made me consider the imac. looks nice

>yet another uncalled for applel praise thread by the UK macfag
Jesus Fucking Christ... How much are you getting payed by Apple on this spam deal?