Have you/will you donate to wikipedia?

Have you/will you donate to wikipedia?

Personally i'm pretty sick of their constant whining considering they have tons of dough stashed away

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Guy_Macon/Wikipedia_has_Cancer
news.slashdot.org/story/16/12/16/1631223/wikipedia-exceeds-fundraising-target-but-continues-asking-for-more-money
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/4/43/Wikimedia_Foundation_Audit_Report_-_FY15-16.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

paying for fake info

No. Also, there's a close button, you know?

What's fake on there?

No. I know someone who did once and they send emails every year asking for more.

No, wikipedia has a run away spending problem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Guy_Macon/Wikipedia_has_Cancer

What's that saying where if something is overfunded it will expand to soak up the funds?

>paying for things that are free

news.slashdot.org/story/16/12/16/1631223/wikipedia-exceeds-fundraising-target-but-continues-asking-for-more-money

WE WILL NEVER RUN ADS
WE WILL ONLY COVER HALF YOUR FUCKING SCREEN BEGGING FOR MONEY

When I was young, I believed Wikipedia. But now I know only the content of featured articles can be trusted. Unpaid volunteer did not get access to Encyclopedia Britannica, old historical issues of New York Time etc... The donation money should be used to improve the quality of articles. I have no trust in Wikipedia.

It isn't as if the people who create anything of value, i.e. the article writers, are paid. Can't Jimmy Wales pay for his own three martini lunches?

So where does all of the money go??

200+ employees, who do nothing of value.

Expensive office space in San Francisco.

Giving away money in the form of "grants" which produce nothing of value.

Not lately but I have before

aside from the obvious shitposts some pages are pretty dodgy since anyone can edit anything and a lot of stuff depends on the perspective, sometimes the history of the page and the discussions are pretty telling. Also some pages have a relatively different point of view depending on the language. Obviously the more closely related to politics it is, the worse it gets

>paying for propaganda

There's a reason there are sources.

It's still there more or less. If you care about this issue, you can open a discussion on the relevant talk pages. Wikipedia has an open process and you can the debate the content in public.

This thread just inspired me to donate. Thanks OP.

the obvious marxist interpretation of anything related to history.

The most recent audited accounts of the Wikimedia Foundation showed net assets of $92 million and revenue of $82 million. None of this money, incidentally, pays for writing or checking Wikipedia content – that's the job of unpaid volunteers – and only $2 million are spent on internet hosting every year.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/4/43/Wikimedia_Foundation_Audit_Report_-_FY15-16.pdf

>300 employees

There's nothing wrong with that pic, other than maybe the need to add militant blacktivists to the "black power" article. It's a fact that "white pride" as a term has been mostly used by KKK larpers. There's nothing wrong with white heritage but this particular expression is fucked