Westerners, try to identify this object

westerners, try to identify this object

easterners, shut up and let them think))

Whip rugs on it?

Cabinet?

Shinto arch

Slavic poverty adoration idol

ding ding ding

Are there countries that don't have these?

cow fence

You put rugs on it to whip them? Literally every house I've ever lived in had these outside, commieblock or single family house alike.

Бpycья? Typник?

telephone pole?

Its where you park your car

*cow

I have never seen one of those. Maybe it's because rugs aren't all that common here (since it's usually pretty hot and we don't take our shoes off when visiting another house).

I thought it had something to do with practicing squatting

Seems like a very oddly specific purpose. Vacuum cleaners exist. Also, if you really need to whip your rug you can simply put them over a fence or something

>and we don't take our shoes off when visiting another house
Bastards

>we don't take our shoes off when visiting another house

The definition of a subhuman "culture"

Here the women use the balcony railings like pic related.

Do you also brush and wash the carpets during the end of summer?

>(since it's usually pretty hot and we don't take our shoes off when visiting another house)

The mark of savagery 2bh

Why are finns such weeaboos?

This.

>Walking barefoot like dogs on the street

>tfw parents built their home in barstow (imagine a desert)
>it's a classic American style home
>including wall-to-wall shag carpeting in every room

imagine being trapped inside a coffin in a straightjacket, that's what it's like nine months out of the year

Shoes off =/= barefoot
Are you dumb

>and we don't take our shoes off when visiting another house
Disgusting, you want poo and shit from your 3rd world streets into your house?

It's called "socks", Jorges

I don't understand the point of carpets/rugs

you're the one who's rude, and dumb and unfriendly

I do not salute you

Don't you have A/C?

>Walking barefoot
maximum comfy

>wearing shoes indoors

WHY DO YOU HATE YOUR FEET SO

Please Francois, the French are known as rude throughout Europe

comfy

tbf, they're only rude outside of France for some reason, when in France they're bro tier... shit's weird.

The fact that you rely on international stereotypes to describe me I am only more convinced of your intellectual inferiority, since bad reasoning means empty head.

Have a good day anyway

>not having the new hotness

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT I NEED ANSWERS AND I NEED THEM NOW FUCKING POKEBALL

>French are known as rude
What the fuck is this meme?

t. dozen times in france and helping frenchies here

>itt: arabs cant into slippers

any filth entering my house with shoes on gets shot

>I take Sup Forums seriously therefore I'm intellectually superior
kek

It's a white person thing. Kind of like having a subscription to Home Living magazine.

yes but not it's still stuffy. The problem isn't so much on hot days, as it is on borderline hot days (ie high 80s around 30 c)

That shit always breaks down.

Memes aside, I think it's a cultural thing. The Spanish word for barefoot (descalzo) means that you aren't wearing anything with a sole. Here, wearing only socks = going barefoot.

How do you go on about this? Do you enter a home and just take your shoes off? How common is that?

I wear pic related at home, i-is it acceptable?

You're not making yourself a favor by continuing with this embarassing behavior of yours. Yet unlike you I try to form complete sentences instead of resorting to memes and other trivial jokes

Because youths always climb on it after drinking moonshine. Can confirm, broke both ours and the one at grandmas house while drunk when I was 15.

I thought you said "have a good day" why haven't you fucked off yet
Here it's considered a bit rude but typically it's not something that people argue about if someone doesn't take the shoes off.

before you enter the home proper there's an area designated for putting on and taking off your shoes

I suppose. I don't see the point, but at least you aren't confining your toes and sweating. You pass. Go with my blessing, slipper man.

Mediterranean master race

>How do you go on about this? Do you enter a home and just take your shoes off?

Yes?

>How common is that?

Universal and expected, if taking them off is somehow impractical (say you're moving something heavy like a piece of furtniture in our out) you humbly ask if it's ok to leave them on (usually the owner of the home will anticipate the need to leave shoes on and will inform you before you enter that you may leave them on).

Every home has a rugged carpet and usually a shoerack right inside the door to facilitate this, most homes look like pic related (usually tidier, but with a lot of visitors or a large family it's pretty accurate)

object to lean against.

In some places, you used to use pic-related before entering a house. It's still useful during winter, though.

We have pic related for winter, lots of snow makes the shoe area really wet otherwise. Also works for mud and shit I guess.

I thought it was only something done in Asian countries. Here it's common to be barefoot (with or without socks) in your own home, but it's kind of weird doing it in someone else's house unless you know them very well.

What are the advantages of doing so? I guess it may have to do with your weather, since wet shoes leave marks and so on.

>Go in the front door
>There is a small room where shoes and often coats/things you only wear outside are kept
>Leave shoes there
>Walk in

>what are the advantages

not ruining your host's floor

>Go in the front door
How do you go inside a front door?

It helps keeping the house clean, and it makes it easier to clean.

What kind of shit floors do you have that they're ruined by fucking rubber soles?

>mfw polacks have mud floors

Here we have a "when in Rome do as the Romans" attitude
So you simply let your friends/relatives go first into their house, look what they do and then do the same. Some take off, some don't

You don't have the latest door tech that has a pocket dimension for holding shoes inside them? Are you poor or something?

people here work for a living

workboots strain wooden floor too much

So it's also common in France? I had no idea.

A friend of mine went to Germany and said that some people did it and some don't, that's interesting

perhaps polish people should pave their streets so they don't have mud under their shoes, you can do that between two clogged toilets

>spain
>not moorish

You see, in the more northern parts of Europe the ground is often muddy and wet. You don't want to bring all that mud, sand, dirt and shit on your nice clean floors.

I've seen it in the old mining village we use as a open museum for tourists and locals interested in our past. Back in the days before there were powerful vacuum cleaners. It was used to clean rugs with pic related.

France has the "do as the Romans do" attitude too. It depends on the floor type and on the people.
The chippings that scratch the floor aren't great either.

Not if you live in a place where the streets are cleaned every day, people throw their garbage in public garbage bins, and where it barely snows in the winter. I live in such a place.

We use these (shoe scrapers, part of the house) in combination with a doormat, usually one made of coarse material outside the door, and one made of finer material inside.

Naturally, in exceptional cases, like the melting of snow outside, visitors with shoes that are still dirty will remove them.

That is for wet clothes. All slavs know it, my comrades.

No, here we just build proper floors with ceramic tiles which can resist any kind of rubbery material :^)

>2016
>Using flammable, weak materials to build the very place you're gonna stand on
>m-muh nordic culture

Being barefoot is a level of barbarism I don't understand. You should always wear socks or shoes unless you're in the shower. Men should also never wear sandals, since those are for girls and kind of sexual.

Snow is actually great to clean soles (unless it's the old, brown dirty roadside stuff ofc), but yeah too bad it's so rare

>sandals
>kind of sexual

A-are you expecting nords and polacks to behave like men?

What does whipping mean?

I have a rug but it's been there for 2 years

Pic related

Also in pic is doggo

i did ghetto acrobatics on this instrument.

That's because brits live in a muddy post-apocalyptic shithole.
I bet most of them never saw sandals in their lives so they sexualize them.
Same goes for walking barefoot. They have filthy carpets glued on the floor which are cleaned once every 10-20 years, of course they're not going to walk barefoot.
Here most homes have ceramic tiled or similar floors which are mopped very regularly, so you can easily walk around barefoot if you like it, especially during the summer. Although most people do wear socks.

Just do it on the rack of your clothes line famalam.

>not having a hills hoist

lmao @ ur lives

we have floor tiles or parquet and walk around bare foot too. and if you're in the countryside and don't walk bare foot on the grass you're labeled a pederast and cast out of the mens company.

ladies from my block use it to whip and dry the rugs but we use it for street fitness

ours doesn't have that middle part so its good

>floor tiles
*in kitchen/bathroom/wc
other places floorboards

then Aussies are definately barbarian

in australia people walk around barefoot everywhere.

the shops, the streets, (in the street and on the pavement) in the house. literally everywhere. the absolute madmen.

>if you're in the countryside and don't walk bare foot on the grass you're labeled a pederast and cast out of the mens company
I kek'd

no snek in eesti?

True, but yes but usually get little white clean snow remaining for a while, and a lot of brown and black slush mixed with corrosive roadsalt (calcium chloride).

snek lives in cold and moist rock gardens and forests/bushes. they very rarely come out into the cut grass where the sun shines.

Those rickety ass pieces of shit are complete crap.

I live in Florida near the beach so nobody has rugs really.

>having poisonous sneks

we have only one viper but it's pussy-tier and runs away from humans

I always walk barefoot inside the house during summertime too. In colder times I prefer to wear slippers though, not because I don't like being barefooted but because I often ram my toe against something and jump around in pain like an idiot.

That and slippers in wintertime are comfy.

Australian ones are great. Ours is over 30 years old and works fine.

>german """engineering"""

Nothing more sturdy in the world than two hoops of steel. Plus you can do pull-ups on them.

The same viper we all have in temperate Europe probably: vipera berus

pic related (males are black, females brown)

ye this one

we also have natrix natrix but he's a good lad

>tfw used to have one of those down by the garden
>tfw we actually used it