/mil/

ITT International military discussion & post pics. Discuss your cunts military. Boast your forces capabilities. Lament its deficiencies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xTEtOvsGc2M
youtube.com/watch?v=8bWTnqp1AFg
youtube.com/watch?v=PLysfdFHVcg
cavok.com.br/blog/videoimagens-a-caca-no-ceu-do-brasil/
janes.com/article/62955/usaf-drops-first-jassm-from-b-52-bomb-bay
csp.navy.mil/Media/News-Articles/Display-News/Article/920696/uss-louisiana-collision-at-sea/
janes.com/article/63054/f-35-test-fires-aim-9x-block-i
defensenews.com/articles/kc46-tanker-boeing-contract-28b-air-force
navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=96224
defensenews.com/articles/f-35c-back-at-sea-for-3rd-round-of-carrier-tests
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/americas-f-15-fighter-will-soon-carry-double-the-amount-17384
youtube.com/watch?v=RkbYOeJ7v3M
youtube.com/watch?v=eAN9wEbrVKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

our secret weapon desu

youtube.com/watch?v=xTEtOvsGc2M

Japanese are growing and trainning mutant guinea pigs to carry troops about the battle field?

Soon to be USAF fag here. Any Airman from other cunts here?

Yeah.

Also, the head of the Air Force retired last week and now hes running for President. And he might actually win. Thats him in an airshow in 2014.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bWTnqp1AFg

what a fucking stud

We just got a new chief of staff of the Air Force too, my recruiter can't stop jizzing over how much better he is than the last one. Hopefully means now is a good time to join, headed to basic a month from now

Good luck in basic. I get to work with USAF guys from time to time, we had F-15s over for an exercise a few months ago.

Actual pilot or "desk force"?

Enlisted, I signed for munitions systems, so apparently putting together bombs.

Ultimate goal is to apply to the Academy through the LEAD program though, if that doesn't work out I'll do AFROTC when I seperate.

F-15 is my favorite bird. Was it neat?

Yeah, the F-15s were cool but they didnt let us see them up close,especially with open panels. Secrecy n stuff. Also, some of your AF security guys are scary big.

Yeah I figured. And yeah my recruiter was security forces and he's a big ass mofo

This is a new type of HIGHLY EFFECTIVE camouflage developed by top secret Dutch scientists.

Nice, I used to work/deal with US air force when I was a radar operator back in 2012. Discharged honorably as a captain but still in contact with a few of Americans stationed in here.

Are you going to sign up to be stationed overseas after you are done with your academy?

What tank?

Leopard 2A6 I'm thinking

Biggest navy in the world

Eurofighter a cute, wouldfly/10

You named file wrong, those are MiG-28s.

Nope. F-5EM from our Air Force.

>Casually cycling in the background
Somehow we lost to Germany in four days.
last meme pic before i start posting serious stuff i swear

youtube.com/watch?v=PLysfdFHVcg

Interesting video from Russian military olympics that are still happening.

No sir, that is a MiG-28. I've been in a 4g inverted dive with one

cavok.com.br/blog/videoimagens-a-caca-no-ceu-do-brasil/

this uniform is cool, but why didn't the IDF change them?

Fucking love the design of this.

I'm not a big fan of MiGs tbqh

The austrians use plain uniforms and they look good.

Will fuck you up

yes, but it's design is outdated.

How Swedish and BR Gripen's HUD will look.

Gib brimstones and we'll give you more F-35's

>doesn't even have helmet interface or 360° POV

Doesn't work LMAO.

they're already complaining about this weapon.

militaries are saying that when it fails, you must dismantle it and clean to work again.

My dad worked on F15s back when they were still new
Crew chief or something I think

source

I love the design of this reconnaissance vehicle

Air defense version

>he actually saved my meme image to meme the brit

Very nice. What are the benefits for being enlisted in Dutch military?

Here we get our education paid for, housing and food paid for, tax free groceries and shit, decent pension (if you're an officer, enlisted don't make enough for pension to be worth imo), and free sex because sluts love military guys

Looks nice desu

*sluts love taking military guy's money

looks pretty cool but if 1 screen fails everything is fucked unlike the swedish version right?

Why american 5th be station flight are so bad?

Perk: you will go on a lot of missions and never get hurt
Cons: you won't have any ammunition

>marrying a dependa
ISHYGDDT

Nobody would make an aircraft without redundant systems, its probably segmented or there is a secondary flight display out of view.

>5th generation
Fixed

Idk much about it, since Embraer is the one who'll be building it, it's predictable that they use just one screen, they do that in all their planes and never heard any problems with it.

I like that they give our soldiers good equipment. Unfortunately I left the military just as the new gear was coming in and was issued old stuff.

>free sex
>implying sex wasn't free already...

The only benefits i know of are good Pensions and that you get paid more if you get sent on deployment.
I didn't serve so i don't really know.

The display itself might not have faults, but its powered by either the generator of the plane or the battery. So if your primary display is taking electricity from the generator and the genny fails, your secondary display would be wired to the battery and you can still use it.
My guess is at least one of those 3 segments you see there is on a different power source than the others.

>bait

Why Tupolev?!

Gendarmerie

You get education, insurances, a training bonus, irregular hour bonus, a bonus for overtime, a bonus when you get deployed, travel expenses, pensions, a months salary as vacation money in the summer (on top of the paid free days).

Of course the you can stay at the military base and sleep and eat there. But you can also go home. They won't pay for your roof and food at home.

No need to get all vatnik. This isn't /k/

The Netherlands is a small country so it's no big deal for soldiers to go home after working hours.

Also, if you get deployed (for example for 4 or 6 months) then the military can't force you to deploy again for twice that time (8 or 12 months).

That's a nice looking cockpit, still can't the believe the absurd amount of money involved in this whole gripen deal.

Maybe. Not many news from the plane come, so it's a bit of a mistery really.

And now Russian TV and ~140kk Russian people like "nah stuff doesn't matter, we have more nukes and OUR ARMY HAZ SOUL REEEEE"
I'm not joking, most of russians sure that we can conquer all europe and USA by solo or with Chinese help

I remember tabbing over the Brecons and seeing one of those flying crazily low, it was pretty surreal seeing one from above and actually being able to see the pilot.

>tabbing

Para's?

What? It actually went cheaper since the tech comes included and it's going to be built here.

PWRR.

I know the feeling.

Not the machines but the men.

>facing destroyed KV-1
He is clearly NOT facing that KV-1

Have you guys sold any of these yet?

Besides for our Air Force, the countries who participated in the program will probably buy it, Portugal already confirmed it. Plus a few of our neighbours, Argentina, Colombia and Chile also have the interest.

Also rumours that Sweden because of the Gripen deal, UAE because they went there to show the plane and Canada to replace their C-130.

thats a good thing, your troops have moral.

but what about the navy and air force? why idn't russia build and aircraft carrier or anti ship ballistic missiles?

Last week for the US Military.

janes.com/article/62955/usaf-drops-first-jassm-from-b-52-bomb-bay

B-52 launches a AGM-158 for the first time.

csp.navy.mil/Media/News-Articles/Display-News/Article/920696/uss-louisiana-collision-at-sea/

USS Louisiana had a bump, no damage (hopefully) aside from that to careers.

janes.com/article/63054/f-35-test-fires-aim-9x-block-i

F-35 fired the aim-9x for the first time.

defensenews.com/articles/kc46-tanker-boeing-contract-28b-air-force

KC-46 finally got LRIP orders.

navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=96224

USS Detroit (the 4th Freedom variant of the LCS) has been transferred to the navy, should be commissioned in October.

defensenews.com/articles/f-35c-back-at-sea-for-3rd-round-of-carrier-tests

F-35C is doing at-sea testing again, supposed to be the last time before IOC in 2018.

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/americas-f-15-fighter-will-soon-carry-double-the-amount-17384

Massive upgrades are planned for the F-15, including RCS reduction and IRST.

Time lapse, modernization of a M113.

youtube.com/watch?v=RkbYOeJ7v3M

youtube.com/watch?v=eAN9wEbrVKs

Is that a modernized leopard 1? I think I just got a boner

Luftwaffe here
Ask me something

Wie geht's Freund?
I have dual citizenship with Germany, thankfully I'm able to keep it.

Are you guys considered the "soft" branch of the German military like we are? Or does no one give a shit over there anyway

Thanks for selling those to us for cheap

>4 tines

A E S T H E T I C

bump