How come ex-British colonies are GOAT? Canada, Australia...

How come ex-British colonies are GOAT? Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US are some of the richest and most powerful countries in the world while other colonial powers never managed to create one livable place?

what about

india, belize, egypt, sudan, kenya, nigeria, sierra leone, brunei, png,

>US
>GOAT

All are better places to live than say, El Salvador

It's the most powerful country in the world though

>3 British colonies are good
> ex-British colonies are GOAT

Most of the US has nothing to do with Britain, you stupid piece of shit

I'm an Italian American living in California. I have no connection to Britain.

Britain doesn't affect the US the same
Way it does for Australia or Canada

>belize
>india
>kenya
>south africa
>zimbabwe
>PNG

Do you want me to continue?

Do you really want to go there Terroni?

The US declared independence from the UK in 1776. What we have done since has nothing to do with England

American capitalism is unique. Thr rest of thr anglosphere folloes the euro model

Belize is one of the better off countries in the region
India is becoming a world power.
Kenya is the most stable country in east Africa
South Africa has the most money in sub Saharan Africa

I also think that because the British always had a weaker monarchy and authority, they had a looser grasp on their colonies and therefore they were more autonomous and knew how to govern themselves by the time they were relinquished.

The United States, although it didn't develop like the other successful ex-colonies, had many experienced and intelligent people behind its founding, not just military men like other bloody revolutions, not to say that the first government was flawless, what with the Articles of Confederation and whatnot.

It's only the ones with white people

hmm.....

This is the first time I've ever heard the US be included as part of the Anglosphere

Most people in the US have zero English ancestry

Still not GOAT. has it right

Is this a joke? I don't want to get memed.

>Canada
>rich
>37k CAD median income

Well

You guys use metric. That's an Anglo thing

Our measurement system is unique

>doesnt know the US measurement system is a direct rip of british imperial

kek we only switched to metric relatively recently

people still use inches, pounds and stone, miles
all the fucking time here.

our road signs are in miles for example

educate yoself

Brunei is decent m8. They have oil, literally the a mini Middle East in SEA.

>the metric system is anglo thing and not a non retard thing
>the imperial system doesn't come from Britain
Yes I took the bastard bait at least I know you're b8ing me now

where did it go so right

nice italian youre speaking
no connection to Britain at all

we use both, for different things

American English isn't the same as British English

>METRIC
>USA
>Anglo things

WEW

Britain made some awful colonies but not Spain level bad

I dunno about France's ex colonies. Too soon to tell

>english

hmm
wonder where....
that came from

i know right. american english is much more different than british english. there are at least 6 different words

The only French ex-colony that could be called good is Quebec, but that hardly counts considering how long it has been under British and then Canadian administration.

This pretty much. Other than the US (and perhaps because of the American Revolution), Britain gave its more populous colonies such as Canada and Australia Dominion and eventually Commonwealth status, which allowed them to have pretty much autonomy, if not outright sovereignty, while still maintaining a ceremonial connection to the UK.

Well done, you drop the u in a few words, congratulations on your new language

Don't forget Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia.

>pretty much autonomy, if not outright sovereignty, while still maintaining a ceremonial connection to the UK.
They are completely independent sovereign nations, we happen to share a queen but those are two unconnected roles (ie she is the queen of canada in a different capacity to the queen on australia). UK/Parliament has 0 say in canadian, australian or new zealands affairs like they did once upon a time

Ironically the long term goal was to turn the commonwealth into a sort of EU, one giant market with bargaining power but each country was independent.

Well South Africa was a settler colony of the U.K. as well and it's not doing so well

It was doing well until the niggers took over

We really should have just killed the niggers

I mean it kinda helps to completely replace the population of the land your're colonizing
'

The east Asian colonies are doing alright

The successful colonies mostly eradicated the indigenous populations and replaced them with Brits. The shitty ones let the indigenous live and instituted minority rule instead.

So remember kids, if you want to found a successful colony you can be proud of the in the future, be sure to cleanse the land of nonwhites or it won't work.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to check.

Well, that's kinda what happened due to free trade and all, but I'm not sure how meaningful that is now that most countries are in on it as well.

Yeah, the US is pretty much the prime example of that, with Indians being less than 2% of the population, and half of them living in Alaska.

I wish. Where do you live? I'm surrounded by chugs.

India - SUPER POOPER BY 2030!
Belize - Don't know much, but they are too small to ever be relevant on their own.
Egypt - Was on the up, and up until the arab spring. At least they now have "democracy".
Sudan - You have a point once again.
Kenya - They are growing last I checked.
Nigeria - One of the largest African economies, and one with the most potential.
Sierra Leone, You have a point.
Brunei - Same deal as Belize, but they are doing okay for themselves last I checked.

All of them never recieved serious development from Britain though. They also fucked themselves over a good deal after leaving British rule, and some of them have fucked themselves recently.

I live in Kentucky and have never seen a native before

I always thought most of South Africa except for Natal is more Dutch influenced than British influenced

>All of them never recieved serious development from Britain though.
This. Don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Indians are practically extinct here, especially outside of Alaska or the reservations of land we gave them to honor the treaties somewhat.

I wonder what % of Hispanics are of Native American ancestry?

They still live here. Did the US genocide all of theirs?

0%

Mestizos aren't natives

'no'

Yeah, either that or herded them onto reservations.

St. Pierre et Miquelon is good.

Why did Spain never kill all the natives in their colonies?

WE

Belize isn't better than El Salvador.

Whoa, whoa, easy there rockspider. We don't discuss that since 31 May, 1902.

Spaniards were reluctant to leave Spain so conquistadors fuck the population and taught them English

We just tried to give them a proper christian education. Little did we know you can't tame the savages.

For pussy and pope Tbh.

WUZ

They slaughtered many in the Caribbean if de las Casas is to be believed, but that was simply in the West Indies, and apparently Conquistadores were more lovers than fighters.

This
There is literally nothing wrong with Canadian and Australian residential schools outside of the fact that you can't educated the indigenous fauna, no matter how well intentioned.

this

They used them for slave labor instead of importing millions of niggers like everyone else.

Quite right.

Wasn't he talking about the 19th century when those were Dominoins instead of protectorates/colonies? How did that even work btw?

>English

American education

>Cherry picking the worst of the worst country

What about the fact that it completely stripped them of their cultural identity?

We tried to do that as well to a certain extent, and did try to have the tribes sell some of their reservation land to individual members and be good American homesteaders and capitalists, but it's a shame that they can't handle their drink. We even did respect some, but not much, of their culture, especially that of the Five Civilized Tribes (Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole).

>Boo hoo I can't wear feathers and scalp people

They should of been grateful 2bh

wow so my phone corrected fucked to fuck, don't be so autistic

Parenting.

you sound like a nazi 2bh

it also has the highest number of cucks

not even memeing

really makes you think

In regards to law the UK and the US are much more similar to each other than to any country with a civil law system (the one we also use in Latin America) but when it comes to the social/economic model (eg healthcare) the UK leans closer to Continental Europe than to the US. The US presidential system is also very different to the Westminster system, the UK has parlamentary sovereignity whereas the US is strongly constitutional. It really isn't as cut and dry as in some areas there's been influences (statutory laws) while in case law the US is pretty much unique.

oh wait hehe yikes

What is the Dominican Republic and Cuba

Why are they were they so selfish? Ol' Chief fancy pants couldn't give up a few acres of land and some buffalo? We gave them blankets and beads too those fucking cunts. Oh but our fire water they enjoy.

Canada is still technicallyna Dominion, it's just a title, now the common name is the Commonwealth of Nations, it used to be the Commonwealth Dominions.
Prior to complete autonomy, Britain held increasingly smaller roles with time in places like Canada and Australia. For example Britain held the exclusive right to declare war until quite late. But, basically, as time went on, the British government was removed little by little from our own.
We do happen to share a history, cultural values, and Crown though, meaning that the Anglo Anglosphere, generally Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK, still sit at the same table during lunch.

Man I'm clearly joking

nice one bro. up top

>cultural identity

I'm not sure that pulling them from the actual stone age into the most advanced society then on earth, the British Empire, counts as stripping them of a rich culture.

Yeah, the US has a presidential system like many other countries, but it's the only presidential country I know of to be a common-law one, rather than civil law. Even all of the states' governments virtually mirror that of the Federal government, except for calling their Presidents "Governors" of course.

trips confirms. Squaws btfo

Soouth Africa is meh but even during Apartheid it really wasn't that steller outside of the small white parts.

Nazis actually wanted to give back the land to the native Americans

That happens to literally everyone in history.

that's not really what most are concerned about, m80

Old timey First Nations are upset out losing stuff like the Sun Dance and their weird blood magic. The current generation of reservation kids are mostly upset that their languages are dying and their religions are going extinct.

also

>There is literally nothing wrong with Canadian and Australian residential schools
global rule 2

I was kidding faggot lighten up

In the non U.S, Canda, Aus, NZ colonies they never received the same investment, self rule and status that settler colonies and other colonies that weren't as exploition oriented did and this has MASSIVE IMPACT on the development of the colony and state. Investing little in the natives of the colonies tends OT cause huge problems down the line that DOES NOT outweigh the short term benefits of under investing and abusing in the populace of the colony

Even modern Germans are Indianboos.

Mmmm

Did other European powers have settler colonies? France had Quebec and Algeria

Germany had things in Africa, but since it wasn't even a single country until rather late, and since it was absolutely BTFO and had those colonies stripped after WW1, IDK how much impact they had on it.

And also Belgium had the Congo. We see how that turned out.

You're correct, our presidential system is basically a carbon copy of yours, down to the state level (although municipios do work somewhat differently than counties) our judiciary even follows the same organizational model of district, circuit and a supreme courts, although we don't have a grand jury and our amparo works somewhat differently from your habeas corpus. The US constitution remains an extremely influential document and all presidential systems are based on the US.

They also had Haiti. Didn't end well for the settlers. That's kind of why the South was shitting it's pants when USA wanted too make slavery outlawed lol