College in canada

i'm starting college at montreal in mcgill next year how necessary is it to speak fluent french there?
i only know french from school and i'm not well accustomed to day to day talk

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/1/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

classes are in english
students have an option to be tested in french
students go to mcgill for english
between mcgill and concordia there's tens of thousands of english only students in montreal

if you're arab, you might get lumped in with all of the lebanese socially

how about the settling down afterwards is an international law degree from mcgill a bonus when it comes to employment? how about montreal itself is it a francophone galore?

don't know where you want to practice law, it's a bad idea to come here to do it

law is really oversubscribed, a lot of people get money from their parents for tuition, and then live at home after they graduate, they can end up working 3000+ hours a year for 30k

mcgill law does common (uk) and civil (french) law
it's really hard to get in, the way they prioritize quebec students

in montreal:
>there's french who only speak french
>there's french who speak both
>there's anglos that speak french

most of the people are the second, you can get away with only speaking english, but you wont be welcome in certain places

if you live there for a few years you'll pick up all the french you need

McGill is an anglo school

>mcgill
Why would you want to go there in the first place ?
It's filled with anglo-canadians. That alone makes you reconsider your choice instantly

Because it's like rank 1 school you fag?

it's also filled with jews

what is concordia like? is it a decent uni?

Everyone knows about Mcgill around here but I haven't heard anything about them

McGill is top 20 in the world.
Concordia is like top 100

Which isn't bad at all tbqh, just not elite like McGill.

Welcome to Canada, friend

So how did you get admitted if you don't even know whether French is a requirement

>it's also filled with jews

What's your point? Is that suppose to be a bad thing?

I'm not sure I understand why jews in a university are a bad thing

They don't really cause any trouble and are quiet, smart people. Are you upset you cannot compete?

>mcgill
>elite
top kek, i've never even heard of mcgill until this thread. i think the only canadian school that is even recognized outside of canada is university of toronto

it's certainly not elite, i looked up the rankings and mcgill is below fucking UIUC, which is certainly not considered elite in the states
timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/1/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only

elite is harvard, MIT, cambridge, etc. no "mcgill"

>top kek, i've never even heard of mcgill until this thread

That's because you're an autistic NEET

nope, it's not just me, most people on earth don't know it exists

Except they do and it's been regarded as "harvard of the north" as a meme for a long time

>stormfags
>rational

>harvard of the north

stay mad

It's called being a brown minority.

Shitty school, even University from tiny country is better than McGill, stay mad.