youtube.com/watch?v=0iWP73c1ovo
youtube.com/watch?v=mtpECWl-5v4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That shit gave me nightmare when I lived in Guyane

>tfw your cunt doesn't have any dangerous spiders

>not the japanese hornet
Also have you ever seen one irl?

I was stung by one when I was a baby and my parents thought I was going to die

I keep at least 4 spiders around my house atm.
I always kill jumping spiders or other nasty/threatening looking spiders, but anything that kills mosquitoes is welcome to my house.

yes, many times

>I always kill jumping spiders
you complete faggot

literally why would you kill jumping spiders?

anyway i'm going to ditch all the obvious spiders i could post and mention dawson's bees

second largest bee in the world and they live in holes in the ground, not a hive.

Holy shit you kill jumping spiders? What the fuck is wrong with you? They are non-venomous, non-aggressive to humans, and are recommended by scientists to be left alone and kept around your property as they are beneficial to human habitats.

picture related trypothopbics beware

Saint Patrick drown all the spiders here

finally a decent picture of one. anyway they're rare, yes

Ant-lions are QT as fuck and were one of my favorite things as a kid. They flick little pits in soft sand that other insects then fall into, and end up berrying themselves (like king arthur) in sand while trying to escape, all while the lion has them held in their jaws

I like how they glow under blacklights though

>wandering spider
Would you kindly fuck off?

Jumping spiders on the other hand are totally bros.

I don't like them. They're autistic high-energy faggots and jump around all the time for no reason. They might get to places they're not supposed to be (food, clothes etc) and they're not that common anyway.

Normal spiders just take up their spot, build their net and catch flying insects. I prefer them and I'm allowed to genocide the types of spider I dislike :^)

I've always wanted to go out looking for them in the desert at night. I even have a blacklight that I bought for fluorescent minerals

giant burrowing cockroach

lives in undergrowth, eats dead leaves and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnsqARNp7T4

sounds like me

>They're autistic high-energy faggots
triplekek, never thought i'd ever hear someone call a spider autistic

this is a christmas beetle, so called because it hatches around christmas. got a gold sheen, very pretty. apparently it's some kind of scarab.

They're completely harmless and actually surprisingly intelligent.

Jumpers are the only spiders that I'll pick up in my hands.

They're cool, faggot. I found a pic related on my shed as a kid. Spotted those shiny mandibles from like 20 feet away

Witchetty grub

aboriginals used to eat them a lot. if you ever dig up a tree stump you're guaranteed to see one. they're also ugly as fuck and eventually they turn into a moth.

FUCK spiders

FUCking FUCK YOU

>hello i'm here for the job interview

i cannot EVEN be in this thread

fuck this fuck YOU

How satisfying is it to crush large spiders like these ITT with your foot? Do they crush easily?

This is now a insect fight thread
youtube.com/watch?v=0iWP73c1ovo

These fuckers like to build their webs just about head-level, and can get fucking huge too.

My dad once walked into one and got the whole web wrapped around his head .Freaked the fuck out. It was hilarious

>inb4 someone posts that blender webm

honestly i'd rather not see them at all

wouldn't stomp a funnel web unless you had some sort of boots on

Now I'm interested. What's this webm about fampai?

It's about someone who doesn't know the proper way to eat a tarantula.

Same, but it was one of this instead. I was 3, though. I was also bitten by a black widow when I was 15.

>hates trees so much it refuses to build a hive in one
>hates trees so much it fucking bites trees' branches
Jesus fuck Australia, what did you do to make these furry little fuckers so angry at trees

lol what the fuck is this thing

I'd probably light myself on fire.

How sore was this?

there's also basically only females because the males murder each other

youtube.com/watch?v=mtpECWl-5v4

just like everything here they go a bit too far

my friend know's someone who was in the army that got bit by one of these in bootcamp, honorable discharge the next day, 8 month hospital stay after that (it was on his elbow)
they are tiny and reclusive, like to hid in nooks and crannys, like that spooky corner in the attic, or that spooky boot you only wear in winter, or in that crevice you just stuck your arm into

like 33%+ of the time when someone gets bit, its durring spring cleaning, almost always its because someone moved something they havnt used in a year or so

its like australia gets all the cool shit to make up for kangaroos and aborigines

pic related, what happens to a treated brown recluse bite

untreated you lose a limb/face/die

>8 month hospital stay after that
that's absolutely massive

why was he in for so long?

forgot the fucking pic

How does an insect even do this?

My house is full of those things, they can be deadly if they bite but they don't actually bite very often. They're non-aggressive, so you have to really piss 'em off to make them bite you. I've been living here for like 20 years, and I've never been bit.

I don't really see these that often but they're pretty cool

>honorable discharge the next day

I had to laugh at this. It takes a LONG time to get medically separated and they sure as fuck won't do it for a spider bite.

>The Brown Recluse is reclusive

GEE YOU DON'T SAY

OK, apparently these spiders are literally Hitler.

*angry moth noises*

Wow that's cool.

Best moths we have around here are probably these guys. Can get about as big as your hand

see
praise be to winter, killer of insects, large and small, natural yearly culling of the weak animals

because their bite's toxins cause necrosis, thats like the only thing the venom does, besides maybe numb it

its said you feel a slight pinch or whatever when they bite, no worse than a small fly or whatever bite, some people dont feel it at all
then a few hours(8-12) later you feel a sudden horrible pain there again, probably dont even realize its the same place as that bite at first
then within 36 hours the necrosis sets in

like 51% of bites dont cause necrosis tho, and no pain later, nothing whatsoever, so its kinda a lottery of pain

thats the story i got told by a friend of the guy, lightly tipsy at 2am

those are really pretty

Cicadas are kinda cool, but not a yearly thing...

they sit in the ground for 17 years, fly out all at once for like 2 weeks, eat everything they see, fuck, and die, then their bodies are everywhere and birds feast
then their babies do the same thing again 17 years later
pic related, the different cicada broods (note that some years broods are extinct)

I got bit by one on the back of my leg and it ate out a pinky sized hole.
There is still a little crater 10 years later.

My city is pretty famous around here for having these, fortunately I was never bitten.

That beetle, kabutomushi is loved by children. Many Japanese have the experience that caught beetles as a child.

Bark scorpions are potent enough to kill a child or an old person, and in healthy adults they can cause extreme pain for a few days.

Isn't that animal abuse

>bananarantula smoothie

interesting