I'm going to America soon

I'm going to America soon,

How much should I tip?

SHART IN THE MART
EKSSSS DEEEEEE

>African
>tip
>implying you have money

If you are being serious, it's normal to tip about 15% the cost of your meal at restaurants

ohhh here comes the pooop
SHARRTTTTTTT

t. sharter

Do you tip at fast food places too?

No

No, unless you go to a Sonic and they're on rollerskates

Sounds counter intuitive desu

I thought the reason for tipping was because waiters didn't make enough money and I heard people at macdonalds make like 1$ an hour

This

Why tip if you dont tip those who actually has low wages?

they have a small tip jar for people to put change from their order into, but you're not obligated or expected to tip because everyone in mcdonalds makes (at least) minimum wage, $7.25.

actual waitstaff at sit-down restaurants make what's known as "waiter's minimum" which is $2.13 an hour as of today, so they really need the money.

15-20%
It's also customary to show you enjoyed your food by crapping your pants at the end of the meal.

At restraunts servers are expected to make most of their money through tips, so they are paid significantly less than minimum wage. McDonalds employees are paid minimum wage, they don't require one.

Angola é Nossa
n
g
o
l
a

é

N
o
s
s
a

>Huh, I never knew that. 2.13 USD is really low. Wen I worked as a waiter here in Sweden minimum was around 8 USD.

>Go to a restaurant
>Order $20 worth of food
>Pay $3 as tip
$3 for what exactly? All she did was
>take me to a seat
>brings menu and food
>check on me once
I'd say that's

>turn fan on at night
>go to sleep
>die

it's a cultural thing

The staff at fast food places make minimum wage ($8.05 is my state) and waiters in restaurants frequently only make the 'tip-employee' minimum wage ($5.03). So the folks in the Fast Food joint make more per hour than their tipped counter-parts, but the tips frequently mean that a tipped waiter will make more than an un-tipped Fast Food Employee.

>mfw some Americans tipped me $2 for a fucking coffee
Cheers

>be south korean
> salty about the war
> live next to north korea
> have the smallest average dick size
> make unreliable cars
> doesnt shart in the mart
>BETTER THAN AMERISHARTS

>they have a small tip jar for people to put change from their order into
When I worked at McDonalds they said we literally weren't allowed to accept tips

oh, I was just using mcdonald's as an example. I guess MCD just has those "Ronald McDonald Donation Jar" things

subway, coldstone, chipotle, they all have tip jars though

If you're a foreigner the'll just assume you won't tip already, so you're in the clear