Tokyo is BIG

Tokyo is BIG

How did it get so big?

How does it function being so big?

Does it even have a proper centre?

Teach me about Tokyo

Doesn't look comfy at all. I would not enjoy living there.

jesus christ cities are hell what the fuck is that holy shit nopenop

Tokyo used to be lots of smaller settlements but as they grow they eventually touched and over time they were integrated into one big city

Looks like a motherboard desu

The life is boring.

Tokyo is basically a bunch of self governing cities bundled together

Fuck and i get angry every time when i visit Helsinki.

Jesus.

>most people living in Tokyo have literally never seen a blade of grass in their entire life
i'd kill myself living in that concrete hell

What do you get angry at?

Same thing with Los-Angeles, NY, and badically every big city in the world today. It's called a megalopolis. A wide geographic area of unbroken population density made up of many smaller urban units without physical boundaries between them.

You will never live in a cozy Japanese city.

Tokyo has a lot of green spaces.
Also it takes like a short train ride and you're out in the woods.

Population:1,000,000 by 1721

Yep. Same thing happened in my city. It kind of sucks, since I still identify more with Scarborough than Toronto.

Go to designated aisle

its not so big.

the center is shinjuku or somewhere but it doesnt really matter

tokyo has some districts, ones for business, for politics/public servants, for living spaces, etc
you dont have to be comfy in such business districts that are full of buildings. the west tokyo and the downtown areas are mainly where people live in and pretty calm.

I'd love to visit some day. I love large cities and would like to live in a small apartment with a good view of the skyline. The main thing that turns me off from them is just the cost of living. Right now I live in one of the most beautiful and expensive cities in the world, but the cost is much greater than what you get in return. It's almost impossible to save for your future here. I'm lucky enough to not have to pay rent, so I'm saving money from my inflated paychecks to move out to the middle of the country and live like a king. Were it not for my luck I wouldn't be able to do anything. I have no idea how or why other people live here unless they're making 6 figures.

>Fuckuoka

Nope.
Yokohama is the best.

why not? Just move out there.

he's canadian

exactly. He'll fit right in, being an asian and all.

>you dont have to be comfy in such business districts that are full of buildings
Can someone translate this part?

You don't live in business districts, they're not meant to look comfy and liveable.

Those parts aren't made to be lived in so it doesn't matter if they're confortable to live in. They're noisy and uncomfortable because business is conducted there but it doesn't matter because nobody lives there.

Just too many people constantly blabbering next to you. I hate it.

Emperor lives in upper green one.

Thanks

that reply was for that german.

Fuck the emperor.
I wait for two fucking hours and all I get is this 30 second "h-hey guys happy new year thanks for coming alright then see you next year lol"
What a load of shite.
New Year's speech never again.

What does your Emperor do nowadays? Do people still care about him? Does he have any power? Is he like a celebrity? I only recently found out you guys still have an emperor because he was planning to step down or something. I had never before even heard anyone mention him.

>they eventually touched
l-lewd

Money.

>country niggers hating on cities as usual

>i-i cant even control my inner guro desire. just want to post m-my g-guro shit
fuck off you creepy gurotard

shit you are saying goes for almost all big cities panoramas. it even goes for some traditional cities in middle east and africa

>Russian wanting to live in commie apartment block hell
Why am I not surprised

>he doesn't want to live in a megacity
it's like you enjoy being bored out of your ass

Yes, you don't even see how big it is on that picture.

It's too much desu. I tried living in a reasonably sized town for a while and I just couldn't do it, the bydlo in me just wanted desperately to get some peace and quiet.

I don't even like our cities compared to european or asian ones. so there goes your argument.
my nigga

Why are their so few fields?

He attended the Memorial Ceremony for the War Dead.
People is very concerned with abdication.
"Abdication" means the era of Heisei (2016 is Heisei 28) will be finished. This has tremendous meaning to Japanese.
"Children born in Heisei are Sloppy."
He doesn't have power, but he is a head of shinto.He attends himself ritual ceremonies.
He is not celeb at all. He has been refraining from airconditioner since the 2011 earthquake.

it's not natural, mother nature will destroy it all

This. Genocide the pavementniggers when?

何? わかりません。"refraining from air conditioner since 2011 earthquake." なんですか?

A bit like Chicago, though not to the same extent as it was built pretty much from the ground up during the 19th century.

Focus on fixing your rape problem first

Humans were created by nature. So everything humans do/build is also natural.

He does not use air conditioners

Do people from Tokyo enjoy nature?

It feels to me that if you live in there you'll probably spend all your life inbetween concrete and your only contact with wildlife will be a couple stray dogs

彼わこれで何お意味しますか?

why?

>stray dogs

japs hate chinks bro.

like they can even tell the difference

I see you're not familiar with chink ways

Tokyo isn't even bad

Hong Kong is the real hell for country boys.

care to explain?

I know Japan has a lot of nature and some people still live in small villages, but when it comes to Tokyo, it doesn't look like a place that values nature and being around green zones as much as we do in the west

Can murica nuke Tokyo and make it more smaller and nice place like Hiroshima or Nagasaki? Been yo Osaka once, all japanese men are such retards, but women are fucking majestic creatures.

I will repeat what Helmut said
>STRAY DOGS

R8 my city.

>Tokyo - 2188 km^2
>London - 1572 km^2
>NYC - 783 km^2
Why are cities so big in foreign countries?

Shit, forgot pic.

>NY
But hasn't Manhattan always been the core of NYC? All the population around it are just suburban developments centered on Manhattan.

Because NYC is pretty much limited to the five boroughs and Tokyo and London have massive urban areas around the core city.

If I asked that question it's obviously because I don't know shit about Tokyo

Guess nobody is going to give me a real answer anyway, seeing how all japanese posters are fake or too busy writing in their own thread

Because that's greater Tokyo
It's like you're comparing the area of a city with a state

No that's the size of actual Tokyo.
Greater Tokyo area is 13,572 km^2.

Eventually most cities won't have a "proper centre"/CBD because as your city expands the administrative reasons for headquartering your services centres, etc. in the one place disappear

There is no "actual" Tokyo
And that 13,572 thing is probably the whole Tokyo-Yokohama urban region
(cba to google)

sorry my bad
I meant to say that's the Tokyo Metropolis or the Tokyo Prefecture
It's the equivalent to US states
If you want to compare with NYC, you gotta compare with the 23 wards

>There is no "actual" Tokyo
2deep4me

Japan, allow me a few questions. What are the best cities in your country? Why are they the best? Is there a large difference in climate from north to south and where is it the most noticable? Can you tell me about central Honshu? Are Fuji, Shizuoka, Hamamatsu, Nagano or Matsumoto nice?

Went there last year on a rather long business trip. I'm probably going to get relocated there next year.
I honestly liked most of it, there's obviously too many people, but I'm kinda used to it.
At nights, it's your perfect cyberpunk paradise. Like if a VHS copy of Blade Runner had sex with Masamune Shirou with Perturbator playing in the background.

Because that's the area of greater London, likely a metro area or census statistical area or whatever you'd call it in the US.

The NYC number is only the city proper which only includes 9 million of the over 20 million residents of the New York metro area. In fact when you google the New York metro area it spans 34,000 sqkm from central Connecticut to central New Jersey.

Good luck. Sounds like it would be hard to make good friends there though, let alone get some bitch to have casual sex with you

>A Mexican being relocated to Japan
What work do you do? You speak Japanese or something?

Anime

>someone says they're from Chicago
>tfw upon further investigation it turns out they were from Peoria, Rockford, Niles, or some other town or suburb

Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive. I've heard tales of foreigners making good friends at those crazy, hyper-specific interest bars/restaurants and hobby shops, so I may visit those.

Software engineering.

Rate my city

Will of the Japanese people.

I am American but I live here. These people are really something. Everything they do they put 100% into.

Tokyo is about the same size as LA. What's the matter?

>Does it even have a proper centre?

It's so big it depends what you are looking for. The nightlife heart definitely goes to Roppongi. Shinjuku and Shibuya as well.

it just goes to show how tiny european cities actually are

Especially Fukusima.

It isn't, you're just a fucking yankee. Outside of the northeast, cities are much larger.

the brits fear the samurai

here's Moscow compared to Chicago

how about London? I guess not so different

>Moscow 2 511 km^2 idk really

and yet, london manages to be smaller than new york

All this really shows is that Americans like to spread things out like diarrhea. Chicago's metro area is 9.5 million people, Moscow's metro area (probably including a few extra towns outside of your circles) is 17 million people.

London is big but not as big and it has more green areas

>tfw studying abroad in Fukuoka
feels comfy

London looks bigger than NY in this comparison?

Greater Tokyo area:13,500 sq km
Northern Ireland area: 13,843 sq km