Let's see how well Sup Forums knows English. Post your results, faggot

Let's see how well Sup Forums knows English. Post your results, faggot.

vocabulary.ugent.be/wordtest/test

Bump.

Bump.

First time I got 73%. A lot of the ones I missed were those that seemed like fake forms of real words (like arbor -> arborous; tutelage -> tutorage) which sound correct, so I just played it safe and said I didn't know them.

Second time I took more chances and got 84%.

Am I retarded? I'm ignoring the part where it says 74% is a high level for native speakers because that includes americans

>How many words do people know?

>This is one of the questions we’d like to answer with our test. However, on the basis of our experiences with a similar test in Dutch and previous rating studies in English we estimate that a proficient native speaker will know some 40,000 words of the list (i.e., 67%). Older people know more words than younger people. The situation is different for second language speakers. Here, our estimates range from 6,000 words (10%) for a medium proficiency speaker to 20,000 words (33%) for a high-proficiency speaker.

fug, forgot the picture

Come on, SEXCENTENARY?

>80%
Well, that was worse than I expected.

No, you aren't retarded. They are actually using this data to figure out the number, but previous studies have shown that a proficient native speaker will know about 67% of words.

Haha, I have never even seen half of these words

Don't worry if you even get something like 50%

Now I feel retarded with my 47%.

>anime
You are

>anime
иди нa хyй пиздeц

lol fuck off

78%

Post your results, faggots.

I dont want to speak with retard, bye!

got 74% with two wrong words so shoulda got an 80%

SMUNG I thought was smug and realized it right after I said yes and then PATRICRAN I thought was patrician so said yes oh well

Don't be a pussy, you potato.

Anyone who says yes to 1 or more nonwords gets 0% for cheating.

This, I am surprised that is not default behaviour

It could be worse, like this.

>level of a high proficiency second language speaker
You did well enough, buddy.

I still think it's a real word.

YOU FUCKING CUNTS GIVE ME MY WORD BACK

There's no such thing as a "mustache" you burgerniggers, it's a "moustache".

66%

I always do worse on these than the ESLs who brag and post their scores.

In my defense I don't really read novels and I have a lot of technical vocabulary that isn't the type of thing these test.

I suppose I should include the picture.

Debatable. Arguably knowing the language is not just about recognizing the words, but also about recognizing common stems and roots. How many people actually know the precise meaning of the word "Non sequitur"? But most can guess that it has something to do with sequences and continuity and lack thereof

I can guarantee that most native English speakers do not know the meaning of "non sequitur" from the word roots so maybe you should rethink that example

English isn't that hard huh?

nigger tier ;_;

>"dragonish" counts as a word
REEEE I CAN JUST SUFFIX -ISH TO ANY NOUN I THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS HERE

>get a word 'flavor'
>begrudgingly press yes
Also this test has too many retarded noun-y and noun-ish words that nobody ever uses

84% first try.

I'm off to bigger and better things.

>recognising American spelling as actual words
(don't) fuck off, they're full

>49% on first test
>88% second test
I'd respect it more if it gave consistent stuff. One test has "fiyvhu"-tier fake words, where I'm fairly sure no words exist containing any group of 3 consecutive letters in that word, and a lot of words that are probably in the 2k most common, like "religiously" and "in" (yes, "in"); the other test has fake words that you could cobble a meaning out of from the visible roots ("ambibiotic" isn't a word, but would probably mean "living in either of two ways"), and real words that nobody's used since the late 1600s.

there were many words that IDK its meaning

>he unironically believes -ize is "American" spelling
end your life Hans

Lexer is an actual word btw.