Can we talk about Detroit?

youtube.com/watch?v=mNXnmdr-P1g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

went to detroit airport once for a connection flight

didn't go outside of the airport thougih

For a ghetto it looks kinda nice

I've heard there's a lot of abandoned buildings and stuff getting overgrown.
How is it now?

youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE

What's there to say about it? It's in the same state as our economy, aka a shitshow.

Don't go near the ghetto past 9:00. Lots of dindu's looking to rob or con random people.

It's slowly being reclaimed in some parts of the city by decent folk last I've heard.

I would unironically like to live there.

>tfw no thicc all-American qt gf to seduce me with her gigantic ass at 2:34 AM

Detroit is more like Russia than Greece desu.
There's parts of Detroit that are perfectly safe and quite cheap to live nowadays iirc.

Yeah american ghettos look like a nice place to live.
Besides that, I don't get how people actually form ghettos in a country where an HVAC guy makes 20-30$/hour.

She done fucked up son

>not coming to a full stop at stop signs

Black people don't have easy access to those kinds of jobs and no one wants to invest in communities where drugs and crime are rampant.

The quality of life for most Americans takes a major drop once you get to the bottom 10% of society, who are either unemployed or underemployed in shitty, dying industries.

Looks like Eastern Europe.

Detroit will be a very exciting place in the next couple of years

They have a mayor who is serious about regenerating the city, they're going to rein in a lot of the sprawl and intensify density around the core

In the near future Detroit will likely make for a blueprint of how to undo the damage the automobile has done to our communities, quite ironic

Quality of life for part of the American poor is genuinely similar to that of Eastern Europe in some cases. Mainly due to lack of education or willingness to stay in their communities. People who are born in Detroit want to get the fuck out of Detroit, not stay and improve the city.

what do they do for a living?

>selling drugs

who buys them? where do THEY get the money?

>tfw america's worst ghetto is literally better than your neighborhood.

I don't think it's the worst, East St. Louis could be

no

We had neighbors that moved to Detroit around 15 years ago. I had no idea what Detroit was back then, but what's the probability that they're dead?

yes, its the worst

Well, it's not Brazil tier. I'd compare shitholes like to Russia if anything. Not much better, but a more apt comparison.
They collect what they get from unemployment and food stamp (Maybe 900$ total a month) and spend it on the barest basics. What's left is usually put into stuff like alcohol and drugs.

>but what's the probability that they're dead?
About 0.005%, which is the higher than most places mind you.

>Detroit held the title of murder capital between 1985-1987 with a murder rate around 58 per 100,000.[203] Crime has since decreased and, in 2014, the murder rate was 43.4 per 100,000, lower than in St. Louis, Missouri.[204] Although the murder rate increased by 6% during the first half of 2015, it was surpassed by St Louis and Baltimore which saw much greater spikes in violence

>1:56
Golden_kek.png

she makes an A wiff he' ass, dat means she got AIDS, nigga

>you now imagine an innocent Faroese user going around on the streets of Detroit, bangin' hoes and ending up in deep, deep trouble

They hired the former owner of Berlins Club Tresor as an advisor. I expect the nightlife to be awesome in a couple of Years.

Another former French colony ruined by Americans

Bravo, America

culturally relevant town that raised lots of important Americans.

ruined by democrat party.

one of my 10 favorites cities in the world.