Tfw the universe is expanding too quickly for humans to ever reach anywhere other than the galaxies in our local group

>Tfw the universe is expanding too quickly for humans to ever reach anywhere other than the galaxies in our local group

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Longshot
youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw ftl is not possible

Irrelevant, the distances are far too great even if the universe stopped expanding. Unless we cheat distance with worm holes intergalactic travel will never happen, no matter what the speed.

>no matter what the speed
What if we can reach billions of light years per second? You never know what humanity will be capable of millions of years in the future. Especially when civilization has only existed for 10,000 years, and we are already this advanced.

That isn't how physics work unfortunately.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs

You watched this didnt you? I found it a little depressing

I agree that there is still fancy shit to discover but
>billions of light years per second
kinda unrealistic

Matter cant go at those speeds, it would be impossible.

microwaves were considered unrealistic

This is all based on our current understanding of physics, many more breakthrough discoveries can and will occur in the future. Sorry, but we aren't currently at the peak of human knowledge

Thousands years ago you couldn't possibly explain there's this thing called internet where people over great distance shitpost on a Mongolian basket waving forum with each other.
Or there's a device capable flying people over great distances in a couple of hours.

You never know what the future brings

>The closest star to us (excluding the Sun) is completly beyond our reach.

ayyyy lmao

You have a good point, and I hope you are right, but the truth is, we will never know that in our lifetime, probably not even our grandchildren and that is sad.

>thinking Humans will ever travel beyond the solar system

Soon humanity will send Avatar robots into space.

And in 2000 years we will transfer our minds to them.

Nigga you haven't even been to Canada. What do you care?

The local group is huuuge, we still can discover a lot. What makes me sad about this is that in the future it will be impossible to discover the big bang because of the expantion.

Actually, we can reach alfa centauri in 100 years traveling.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Longshot

Although there are newer technologies available and in trial.

funnily how these guys already know the limits of what physics can discover in the future

It's already discovered nothing with mass can travel at light speed.

scientists thought that stones couldn't fall from the sky and that it was virtually impossible to make a useful aircraft heavier than air

not if there is a way to travel faster than light
dont give up hopes yet, friend

>billions of light years per second

Glad to know that burger education is going swell

If you travel by conventional means.

If they would use the same wormhole technology Africans use to reach Europe then it would be a different story.

SHART IN MART

I JUST WANTED TO BE AN ADVENTURER AND EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN.

>universe is expanding meme

Humanity will continue to decline and we won't become smarter or wiser, and any chance of it happening will be stopped by our own destructive nature

you can do it in space engine

the earth is flat

This actually

We've only mapped out 5% of the Earths seafloor m8. There's still much more to discover here that we don't know.

If only there was no religion we would be already conquering Andromeda galaxy :///

Time is a flat circle

What is the Alcubierre drive
>inb4: exotic matter aint reel

>space engine
Really underrated simulator.

Lightspeed is the maximum achievable velocity

Worm holes and warping space time requires an infinite power source which is not possible

You overestimate our intelligence. Seriously when was the last true scientific breakthrough, all have been done in the 20th Century. This generation is useless, all we do is consume...Once the old die,..

making Mars a second earth would be enough of a great achievement

youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

>Not wanting glorious Human Empire to colonize the galaxy

humans will never ever ever ever leave our galaxy. screencap this

We could wait until Andromeda is close enough before the collision lel

We can't even get to Alpha Centaurus, much less another galaxy.

Is that ethical

I never empathised with people who became depressed after learning something about cosmology until I watched that video. Utterly crushing.