If your cunt's main source of electricity is still fossil fuels it is not first world

If your cunt's main source of electricity is still fossil fuels it is not first world.

Not sure why you're being downvoted for this. It's true.

Source: moderator of /r/traps and green energy advocate

90% clean coal and we have the largest coal reserves in the known universe.

That will NEVER EVER be used because fossil fuels = bad, fuck the working class.

t. Shillary

Hydroelectric energy, we are 4 world tho

t. moderator of /r/westvirginia & /r/the_donald

45% Hydro
50% Nuclear
5% Bullshit like wind and solar

Feels good.

>Coal
>Clean

noice

Nuclear is the nature's way. Just like the sun.

>believing in the global warming Jew
Reminder that Greenpeace is the only reason why NA and Europe aren't energy independent

Just build nuclear like any sensible nation. Coal is for 3rd worlders

>clean coal
Terrible meme

>Coal is for 3rd worlders
Coal is for people who don't suck foreign dick to get someone to build their reactors.
And that's a stong statement from someone that sucks third-worlders as well.

No! Nuclear bad, remember Fukushima, close Indian Point.

t. Greenpeace activist

>Trump told me global warming is a hoax by the chinese

Greenpeace is a bunch of retarded treeniggers but the vast majority of scientists agree that the global warming is.

You've just been made moderator of r/politics

No! Nuclear good, remember Hirshima

t. Paid shill or stupid advocate that took the bait

Nuke has less of an impact on nature all things considered. More harm done by building wind farms. The sun itself is a nuclear reactor.

Or you build your own reactors. But 3rd worlders cant do that I guess.

We have the most amount of Nuclear reactors in the world and they're all 50-40 years old.

Thing is, environmentalists would rather they're not repaired and kept up to date than to have more ever built.

>tfw hydro just surpased coal
>tfw hippies dont want more nuclear power plants even if they can replace every other coal plant

The sun is admittably a fusion reactor and not a fission one.

But coal powerplants are actually more radioactive than nuclear plants.

What are you even trying to say?

I'M NUCLEAR
I'M WILD

We are coal burners

I was joking m8

Although I'm more concerned about fucking the Saudis than saving the planet

Not an argument nigger

Enviromentalists are retards tho.

This, we have a lot more nuclear reactors than Australia, Japan, and Russia combined.

You can be worried about two things at the same time you know.

cocoa-l

Liar

Agreed they're so fucking stupid it hurts.

We JUST started updating and building new reactors after nearly 20 years of not touching a single implement because the environmental lobby vehemently opposes expanding nuclear funding. The tech in some of these plants is older than most of the scientists working in them.

Nice pice of ruined land.

>driving by the bird holocaust fields

Hippies will never be happy

anglo canadians on suicide watch

Which state are you in? I'm guessing PNW, but just wanted to make sure.

No, it's not "hippies" it's called basic common sense, nuclear is the most ridiculously expenseive source of energy ever devised when you factor in adequate storage and monitoring for thousands of tons of nuclear waste for fucking as long as our species exists.

You can't just throw it in a deep enough hole you can forget about it, only dumb fucks think nuclear is sustainable.

Says the largest exporter of the most ecollogically harmful type of oil.

Same story here in Sweden.

We have had to shut down a few as they were so old. Thankfully we have some hydro, but that is pushed to the limit now, so we will need more reactors soon.

in 2050 there will be the deepest lake in the country with all infrastructure for water sports

>Uruguay is at the forefront of the world´s energy production based on renewable sources With a 56% share of renewable energies in the primary matrix (2014), it is well above the world average (9.3%). Moreover, in 2015, 92% of electricity generation derived from renewable sources, while the world average is 22%.

That feel when hippie country.

>Oh look a hippie.

Nuclear is the future. New types of reactors run on the waste produced by the old generations. And they produce much less waste, and its not as radioactive.

Thank you for the missles russia! Great clean energy.

I'm actually from Upstate NW, near Buffalo. My father was one of the site directors for Indian point and managed cleanup on Nine Mile when it lost power in 1991. We have our fair share of hippies here that want to see every plant in NY shut down.

Cool. Large mining pits are always impressive.
They go on for miles and miles.

Are many of them from NYC? And that's cool about your father.

He's 100% right. You have no idea about the industry. But nobody can convince a retard like you for something as obvious as the pricetag of nuclear energy.

ehhh

I think we're one of the worst offenders in Europe.

Whats so much cheaper then?

And its not that expensive. We allredy have facilitys for waste disposal, and they are far from full.

Rate

No actually, most of them are local Appalachian types who are understandably big nature advocates. NYC could give less of a fuck what goes on up here.

This. Calling nuclear power cheap is a hilarious lie. It receives even more subsidies than fossil fuels. For example, nuclear power in the USA has never paid its own insurance bill.

The nuclear "industry" is an entirely false economy here - and I assume everywhere else also.

There is some good reason behind some of that. It is a good emergency power source when everything else has failed, so the military might have a real use for it on land. But in that case it should just be the military running their own stuff. Instead we have an artificial economy of nuclear power supposedly supplying civilian uses.

is it true that you buy energy for a very cheap from germans?

>sugarcane
For bio diesel?

Underrated post, friend. +1 upboat for you :)

>Whats so much cheaper then?
Almost anything else, even Solar is competing nuclear with the new safety regulations and restrictions.

>We allredy have facilitys for waste disposal
Yes we do.

Here in sweden its the least subsidized type of power, the nuclear industry even has several special taxes only applied to them. Yet still its the cheapest power source per kWh produced.

It might be different in the US however.

We have the biggest gas field of Europe. We have the biggest private oil company in the world. And we have the biggest energy trader in the world. And Russian refineries are located in the Rotterdam harbor.

What do you think?

Solar, wind or any other weather dependent source still needs to be 100% backed up by something else, as the weather isnt consistant.

And yes, they are comparable on cost per kW, but not on cost per kWh.

electric energy m8, but i assume you produce it for yourself

portugal spent a few days only on renewable energy

We produce electricity from natural gas and coal. See

never mind, I mistook you with Belgium

Are there any Belgians? I've heard that you have or had very cheap electric energy from germany, is it true?

Belgiums are almost fully nuclear. They are the most nuclear country in the world I believe.

In the Netherlands we always worry everytime Belgians fuck up with their reactors.

No need to worry, they are not drunk slavs

but wasn't there a deal that after ww2 they had a free energy from germany?

Nuclear is subsidized here because only the US government can authorize any changes to the structure/integrity of power plants. It's essentially nationalized in all but name.

Nah, most of Belgium that isn't nuclear runs on natural gas from the Netherlands.

But the Netherlands is planning to stop supplying Belgium in 2030. Because getting the gas out of the ground causes earth quakes in the province Groningen.

They can do that here in Sweden to.

Not sure what any trade agreements were after WW2 though.

Given Upstate NY's nature, I can understand. And at least NYC isn't quite a malevolent force up there.

only if eu would allow to subsidize them

I really doubth that.

Yeah, but it's weird in the US because nuclear power generators used to be built solely through the Army Corp of Engineers before being 'leased' to companies to manage them under the governments watch. It's essentially government property down to the smallest chunk of gravel, which makes it really risky as a company to invest in something that can be shutdown on a whim like that, because they don't really 'own' any part of the plant.

That is however really weird.

Here they can ofcourse be shut down to, but its usually by different means thad direct government interference.

>clean coal

Yup, you'd be surprised how much is actually nationalized in the US compared to many countries.

Wich is the exact opposite of what most peoples general idea about the US is.

Well, compared to say the UK we've nationalized approximately fuck all, but a large amount of our steel, coal and railways are nationalized, and the US government is not adverse to taking a controlling interest in large companies that are faltering (like it did with Fannie May and GM in 2008).

Agreed. However there are other things experts say and I also agree.

> Poles weren't frozen during 76% of Phanerozoic Eon, and even along the remaining 24% of this Eon ice used to melt and sea level used to rise ciclically along a series of interglacial/interstadial periods.

> London, Netherlands and Venice people found out handling sea threat was easier than moving - and in early centuries they didn't have modern engineering, just Renaissancist technics.

Humankind arose only after this current climatic abnormality named Quaternary Glaciation started; and since climate science is in its childhood we are scared of what will happen when Earth climate... normalizes!

>he doesn't understand a thing about the different environmental impact of various grades of fuel
>he dares to post here

kys you ignorant fucking morons