Tell me why i shouldn't pull the trigger Sup Forums

tell me why i shouldn't pull the trigger Sup Forums

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-GeForce-VN7-593G-73KV/dp/B01N35Z1DA/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509574377&sr=1-5&refinements=p_n_operating_system_browse-bin:12035945011|12566246011|5945862011|5945861011|2232492011|562222011|2232496011|2232493011|2232495011|2232494011|5945864011,p_n_feature_twelve_browse-bin:9521910011

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-GeForce-VN7-593G-73KV/dp/B01N35Z1DA
a.co/cdsM0Ds
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/lenovo-legion-y-series-laptops/Lenovo-Y520-15IKBN/p/88GMY500808
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

acer is dog shit, dont buy acer. acer and dell are the worst laptop makers or anything tech related on this planet even hp is better.

You should pull the trigger on yourself. Sage, nobody cares about your stupid laptop choices if it isnt a ThinkPad

>acer

acer horror stories

>2014
>fall for the meme
>buy asspire E3-111
>first day using it, restart to do something
>No boot device found
>take it apart turn it on and feel the hdd
>no spinning
>can't be bothered so mail it in to acer to get a new one
>send me it back 2 months later with all the bloatware reinstalled
>too slow to run chrome, can only run Edge with a lot of patience
>bluescreens constantly
>most of the applications i try to open just refuse to open
>try to run chkdsk and defrag, too slow to launch cmd

Now I have a t420.

god damn, is it really that bad? should i at least take a chance with the warranty?

as far as i know this is the cheapest laptop with specs these goods and without the stupid gaming aesthetic, but i would be open to some alternative suggestions

it's a laptop. fuck specs 2bh

honestly it looks like shit same with 90% of other laptops made in the last 7 years

it has something far, far worse than the stupid gaming aesthetic, it has the stupid metro/hipster/soy aesthetic. honest to god how did you not just take one look at that fucking thing and puke

if you really, REALLY need the fast hardware (and i encourage you to do some soul searching and find out if you truly need something over 2.5 ghz, hint you probably dont) then consider getting it i guess, but otherwise just get an old thinkpad. old thinkpads are a meme for a reason, they're actually very good and they don't literally fucking scream "i suck 10 nigger dicks a day" like this piece of shit does

My last Acer laptop melted down.

My current laptop is an Asus, working fine after nearly 10 years of constant use.

You need to step away from the memes and buzzwords for a bit, kiddo

*does epic steampunk parkour backflip onto your stomach and fucking crushes your kidney*
uhhhh sweaty..........................

because it's not cleavo/sager or gigabyte

>he doesn't know how to shortlink amazon

I don't think you belong here

hot damn user chill out a bit. it just looked like a simple and clean laptop to me. i don't think that just because it has that air of minimalist mentality doesn't make it something only a complete hipster would use

surprised you didn't say thinkpad judging by the rest of the thread

i know it clutters the board but i couldn't be dicked to shortlink it the first time

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-GeForce-VN7-593G-73KV/dp/B01N35Z1DA

that's still not a short link, bud

>a.co/cdsM0Ds

7th gen chip. Buy something with 8th gen. Big performance boost.

It's not a Thinkpad.

there aren't a lot of 8th gen laptops with good dedicated gpus yet though and they're also clocked lower if I'm not mistaken

Acer is OK, they use MB from foxconn, the sameshit, as in apple.

You could buy the Mi Notebook Pro from gearbest if you're willing to take the risk.

Intel ME

What about this one ?
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/lenovo-legion-y-series-laptops/Lenovo-Y520-15IKBN/p/88GMY500808
Looks cringey but the specs seem good. I have a ssd I could pop in there so I'm just going for the cheapest drive.

Can you play games on a thinkpad?

>HP is better
>Majority of x360 models are plagued with shit batteries that will die out in a year
>HP doesn't do anything about it

I got one for pretty cheap in 2015. Get it, it has Windows 10 on it so I want to install 7. Something on the board shit itself when I tried to do so and it refused to install Win7 from a USB. I tried reburning it, no good. Tried another ISO, no good. Tested the USB in a virtual machine and it worked just fine. Tried other operating systems, still fucked. Ended up having to set up a PXE server to get around whatever it was.

Then it died 2 years later so fuck that shit.

OP here. I'm actually posting from a hp laptop with a dead battery that i have to keep constantly plugged in. no I'm not joking. and this is just a couple months after replacing it once with the warranty after the hdd died so imagine my surprise when everyone in this thread is just shitting on acer