Not intended for you guys, but what do you guys think?

Not intended for you guys, but what do you guys think?

wheres arch?

>nooblet edition

>no cloverOS
>no void
>no gentoo
>nooblet
>/r/eddit

This had broken before the end of chart

It is intended to convert users to linux, not for memes

I think it is retarded

>bitching about DE when you can literally install any *-desktop package
>claiming that debian is hard to use
>claiming that mint somehow "doesn't encourage the use of terminal" wtf?
>complains about ubuntu being unstable and buggy but recommends a rolling release distro

this is a false-flag operation. only someone trying to discourage people from using Linux by giving them a bad first impression would recommend Gnome.

what do you use, user?

you haven't even tried those distros out

>roll your own
i3 or openbox
>to go, please
xfce

Based user

>some distros only have 1 by default and i don't expect them to know how to choose another
>it is for nooblets
>mint is all about Graphical Interface, its main objective is to make everything possible with cinnamon and the software store.
>i didn't said that ubuntu is unstable, but that it is a shitshow when it updates, Manj doesn't do that for me.

i think that's an decent list of noob distros but that load of shit you wrote underneath each one makes me want to kill myself

in the trash where it belongs

Ugly coloring

blame fucking gimp

wheres Solus?

>I browsed Sup Forums for two weeks and read the wiki, now I know everything about linux distros

>>some distros only have 1 by default and i don't expect them to know how to choose another
Most installers allow you to chose on installation.

>>it is for nooblets
Debian is so simple even my grandmother uses it.

>>mint is all about Graphical Interface, its main objective is to make everything possible with cinnamon and the software store.
No, that's not it's "main objective" at all. It's supposed to be a community-driven variant of Ubuntu with all media packages by default installed.

>>i didn't said that ubuntu is unstable, but that it is a shitshow when it updates, Manj doesn't do that for me.
Rolling release is going to send noobs straight back to whatever babby OS they came from.

never tried it, and i heard it is very mediocre.

Gimp didn't force you to put red and green on black

as mediocre as any distro

placing it on white is cancer. black makes it more readable.

Solus is more than enough for average windows users.

what can do better than the other distros that i mentioned?

Why would I use a Facebook OS?

probably the best thread to ask, im looking for a fast distro, preferably with newer packages and good for programming. is arch a meme? i don't wanna use any nooblet distro, but i don't wanna come off as an autistic fuck, thanks

>Use Manjaro or bust
it just werks

it is the most "profesional-looking" one. Other than that, nothing much really.

Manjaro if you want to just work.

Antergos if you want the full power of arch

Arch is a meme, but it is very powerfull by being RR.

Only total noobs care about how they come off as. I distro jumped before I landed on Ubuntu again, and I've been using it for 8 years. It's really matured from basically being a downstream Debian testing to a rock-solid professionally backed distro on par with RHEL.

I fucking hate their outdated drivers tho.

You need to understand that different distributions really only differ in starting packages, frequency of updates, and their package management. Just get something that works and stop whinging over "I need speed, but also to look cool, but not have it break, also I want to program". Pick something, try it in a VM, move on if you don't like it.

which distro are you using

if i use manjaro i might as well put some time into arch and it's better, no?

Ubuntu 16.04 and antergos, currently

Updated version

why?

not him but:
-ubuntu is stable, big repos and just works.
-antergos is easy to install and ultra powerfull.

remove the texts and add solus

Manjaro and Fedora have no name

Gnome looks exatly the same on all 3 of them

>Ubuntu
Had a disk and installed on my laptop, been using it for over half a decade now.
>antergos
a friend's dad recommended it, so I'm trying it out.

What outdated drivers? They use drivers from Linux mainline. If you're talking about GPU drivers, just install the .deb from nvidia.com and update regularly.

i need to inform the nooblets

i use amd, and i hate them. (also poor)

>nooblet edition
what is gnome, what is a DE, what is rolling release. Can I use office? How do I install software?

only difference between all those OS's and in general most linux distros are default packages and package managers.

I've never owned an ATI/AMD card, but don't they offer a .deb package? If not, download and install manually every once in a while. It's pain, but you probably have to do it for every kernel upgrade anyway.

Then inform yourself first

i was mainly trying to make a quick comparation for the users to pick, but i may have to change those terms.

>the company behind fedora is untrust-worthy
You mean one of the greatest contributors to Linux, and a company which only makes FOSS and buys other companies to open their code?

one of the devs works on systemd

>only makes FOSS and buys other companies to open their code?
Fucking commies. Can't trust them.

How does that equate to untrust-worthy?

2 ll's in developers under debian u nooblet

>systemd is bad because Sup Forums told me so
Stop parroting memes.

I doubt you will convince anyone. Any normie will think that using Linux means they will end up spelling like you do.

Update 3

Disclaimer text stating the realities of using linux.

ALL of these are actually rather unstable and are equally prone to everything from critical security bugs like shellshock and heartbleed to broken or poorly made video drivers. Really, even debian "stable" isn't stable. What they mean by stable is, they haven't received any bug reports about a package, and they haven't noticed any coming in from elsewhere. And even then, debian has criteria for what is a blocking bug that makes a package unstable, and what is an acceptable issue that still lets a package make its way into debian "stable" despite being shit at the moment. They may make their own patches to disable broken functionality in that case. The default is what gets used the most the default is what gets tested the most the default is what gets fixed... if the debian developers don't break it even more, like they did with openSSL a while back. They're not upstream devs, and debian patches are often rejected and remain debian specific. Linux is a amateur OS with some professional users. Don't expect the more amateur sections of it to be anything but amateur. Distro management in particular, for everything but RHEL and Ubuntu, is often very unprofessional.

NONE of these are really easy to use. If a problem arises, expect to get searching several pages deep into google and get familiar with the terminal and the idea of the root user. All the UI polish and distro specific theming in the world won't save you from a bug or performance problem specific to your hardware, or, here's a fun one for newbies who have no fucking clue how the OS works: a driver or firmware blob that wasn't included because it was "non-free". Oh and if the installer fails because it was a crappy release, a corrupted image, or running in a special case that needed extra configuration and prep, lol you're fucked.

THE DE IS NOT THE DISTRO, and there's a good chance you'll install something else after five minutes.

2 rupees have been deposited into your account

i think almost everyone in this board is aware of that.

What about Solus?
What about the various DEs?

Oh and more on ease of use, Linux UIs like to be special snowflakes that are confusing for both windows and mac users. Lots of people ask "where's..." when they open something like GNOME.

If you want to use Linux, accept that you have a 50% chance of encountering hell if something needs to be changed, and have a second computer with a working internet connection on hand.

I use arch on my laptop and freeBSD on my personal file server

the only ultra-stable distro is slackware from what i know.

What's up with the sameless Solus shilling?

I don't believe you

never used it and it is nothing especial about it that i know of.

Then believe the memes instead. Believe the memes and suffer.

False dichotomy, I'll believe my own experience before I start believing in memes

that was linux like in 2015, 2017 is the year where most distros put their shit together in bugfixing on LTS releases

It never gets better. Ever.

>Make a chart with 5 distros
>Doesn't use the 5 most popular distros

Come on bro
>Debian stable looks beautiful on gnome
You can't toss in subjective shit like that
>Fedora not based on Debian is a con
What the fuck?

Solus is made by an Intel employee from the ground up and it's optimised for modern x86_64 processors. It's made by the same guy who made Intel's own Linux distro.
>Bleeding edge and stable
>Highly responsive and fast even on weak hardware like my Intel atom d2500
>Relatively lightweight stock de, with budgie it uses 350MB on boot which was the same as Ubuntu mate
>It has it's own optimised steam runtime for better performance and stability if you want to play games

There's more but I cbf typing it on mobile.
to;dr it's got a more competent Dev than most other distros.

>Solus is made by an Intel employee from the ground up and it's optimised for modern x86_64 processors
If it uses a custom kernel, then it's dropped.

i used 4 of the 5...

You don't use Linux, so really your opinion on its state is irrelevant

agreed

No it uses the Linux kernel, it's just bleeding edge.

Forgive if this is an outdated point, but isn't Linux mint just Ubuntu with cinnamon? If that's still true why put both Linux mint and Ubuntu up there?

Maybe add branches, like debian, and then branches ubuntu, mint, etc to show that they're based off the same original distro?

>No it uses the Linux kernel, it's just bleeding edge.
>ground up and optimised for modern x86_64 processors
Then this statement is an outright lie.

for nooblets, mint and ubuntu look like different worlds, i just wanted to the noobs to quickly pick one of the friendliest distros i could think of. i am sure they will learn more about the relationship between the other distros later on.

The contrast is too much, either use gray or both red and green shouls be darker.

Also, things to look at:
>"vidja"
>manjaro's is not on the same level as the others
>text's width is not the same and is not justified
>create separators between the distros
>"con: not based on debian"
what exactly means that and why is a con?
>linux
You'll get btfo'd here for saying linux and not gnu/linux
>"you have to be absolutely sure to use linux over windows"
False, most people here have both and I would recommend it in the graph and instead mention "you have to be absolutely sure and willing to install any of these distros"

And I would also include an image of all distros' default desktops because that's what they'll encounter.

The distro, not the kernel you tit.

fedora is fucking awful. not sure if you ever had to deal with yum's ridiculous solution to broken packages (fedora maintainers have let broken dependencies through) but have fun dealing with that since fedora does it as one long string so piping and grep/sed is not easy.

>Yum
Fedora uses dnf.

recent amd cards have official OSS drivers mainlined into the kernel (amdgpu), it works pretty well.

>first impression
>i3 as first wm
yea thats gonna work out great

Just aesthetically your image is really poorly done. Make the font larger and clearer, and use consistent capitalization in starting each bullet. If you really want to convince someone, this image likely won't pass their initial expectations for image quality. The spacing of the image would also probably better lend itself to this structure:

intro paragraph
Mint Ubuntu
Debian fedora
Manjaro

Also check for misspellings like beautiful (in the Debian paragraph) and be sure to include titles for the Fedora and Manjaro Sections.
Some of these are subjective, but proper spelling and consistency are a must if you want someone to take you seriously.

Also fedora and manjaro aren't even labelled, anyone who's interested in either of those wouldn't know what to look up

>3/5 are Debian or Debian-based
>Manjaro recommended instead of Arch/Parabola/Artix

It's really quite bad. The differences between most of them barely exist. You've got artificial diversity.

updated some issues already

Why is GNOME considered a pro?

super clean, and i dont want the DE to be ugly like xfce or as bloady as kde.

>no arch
>no gentoo
>no slackware

This meme sucks OP, try again

That's subjective user. DE depends on the resources of your pc.
If you have an i7 you can aswell run any distro with kde running a VM with a distro running kde running a VM that runs a distro with kde and yet not feel any bloat.

But xfce isn't ugly if you choose the right theming. Xubuntu's default xfce looks way better than any GNOME desktop I've seen.

That's why MATE, unity, and others exist.

>Choose the right theming
How many normies on windows have to choose the right theming? Why force users to take the extra step that they've never had to take before?

How about you use Microsoft Windows like a normal fucking person.

You will die in 60 years and nobody will care what le simply ebin distro you use, including yourself.

Nice wallpaper.
May I ask for sauce?

>How many normies on windows have to choose the right theming? Why force users to take the extra step that they've never had to take before?

They won't have to because they're normies and were probably gonna go for Ubuntu anyways. Just push them towards Xubuntu and they're set. All the same user friendliness as Ubuntu and it looks nicer. Add a dock and macfags will even feel at home.

Not mine, it's the default Solus one from a few versions ago iirc.

XFCE looks like shit until it's been themed right. Just like said.
Shut the fuck up, you know it's an ugly piece of shit distro. The only 2 DEs that should be recommended are Mate and Budgie for user friendliness and clean aesthetics.

No ElementaryOS? wtf

That's the best one to convert normies ro loonix