So, Sup Forums, riddle me this if you may

So, Sup Forums, riddle me this if you may.

>Be living in Uni
>p2p is banned
>Want to play game
>Launch it through launcher
>Game can't update because it uses p2p
>Game can't update because there's no way to turn off p2p
>Game can't update because noone uploads the latest game files on GDrive or something to aid people like me

I get why Uni's block p2p but fucks sake, this is ridicolous.

How do I go around updating my games in Uni?

>inb4 use a proxy
It's a launcher, and I tried that before, doesn't work.

>How do I go around updating my games in Uni?
Use a proxy or VPN

>It's a launcher, and I tried that before, doesn't work.
Use a proxy (or VPN) properly (aka set system configuration), instead of misconfiguring everything you pleb.

You don't
Time to grow up

What's the best one to use for such a situation like this?

I'm literally retarded when it comes to VPN's and they also block a lot of sites in my uni, for whatever the fuck reason. It's not like we're 12 anymore.

have you tried cryptostorm's free servers? Unless the game requires very low latency it should be acceptable at least

All I need is for the game to update, then I can run it off the Uni's internet.

Sometimes there's a stealth update that is maybe 10mb and it breakes game compatibility so I can't play. Sometimes there's a 8gb update, which is even better, sigh.

Just anything to break through the p2p block to let me update the game would be just fine.

ssh port tunnelling
shadowsocks

Net Neutrality is already ruining lives.

p2p blocking was already a thing in Uni's for a long time now, just so one sucker who torrents 80gb of hentai every day doesn't clock everyone else from using the internet.

That I can understand, but they also filter websites like youre in primary school again.

Buy rp3
put it somewhere with fiber
Install openvpn
Conect to vpn at uni dorm
Enjoy

Use a paid VPN. I used Private Internet Access when I was in school. Maybe there are some other ones that are better, but PIA seemed good. It's 40 dollars a year, but it has an easy to use client for Windows and it works really well.

every uni i have been to and my m8s across the country have reported the same thing for years
its not NN you mong

Is that how the crippled Winbabies roll?

I'd just set up a VPS and either:
- download the update on the vps and transfer it back home
- create a fucking tunnel

I don't know about your windows but software to create a simple and secure tunnel and/or transfer files is builtin into most modern operating systems in the, mostly in the form of OpenSSH.

How much do the ISP's pay you?

you should be study in college, no time for play the computer game

You fucking jackass kids don't even remember all the shit ISPs pulled BEFORE NN

quit playing lol

This doesn't have anything to do with net neutrality. Bad bait.

Stop playing games.
Update your gaymes outside of uni network using your own money you parasite leech.

how the fuck are it departments so fucking inept to know how to disable p2p without understanding why

literally walk into the it department and tell them what your problem is. I had the first xbone on campus and I couldn't get it connected to the internet because it wasn't on the school's list of approved gamin devices. I walked into it and they let me use their special ethernet connection. its not that hard

Do your homework brainlet

Get a job as a student tech, make friends with the network administrator and ask him to unblock the IP range used by the game devs

Comcast first corporate announcement after the net neutrality vote was to begin a manhunt and investigate all privet networks and servers for any details on p2p, vpn, etc. and shut them down. Down really on being able to do anything privately anymore soon.

>p2p
>ip range used by the game devs
Go back to your board, pleb.

You are paying for a uni that does not respect your freedom, you brought this upon yourself

Whip out your phone.
Unlock it.
Drag finger from top right towards bottom.
Wipe sweat off your face because you are such a hacker.
Press the hotspot button.
Connect to the other WiFi.
Change terminal colors to green and run tree to celebrate.

>p2p is banned
you live in north korea or something ?

>It's not like we're 12 anymore.

It's worse and you know it. Hotspot using your phone. That's what data plans are for.

Because MPAA and RIAA sued US universities for facilitating copyright violations.
Scared most every university worldwide into cutting out p2p.

After a few more got sued for continuing to facilitate copyright violations by not monitoring their networks (after p2p started to encrypt packets and randomize ports) universities moved to whitelists rather than blacklists.

3g modem with unlimited data plan for when you need to update.

Not sure where you are but in UK you can get a month of unlimited 3g data pretty cheap but you will be throttled over certain gb's.

oi, can you give me a link.
My sister is heading to londonistan soon for some shit holiday.
Roaming data is terrible.

-t. The colonies.

This isn't the Sup Forums solution but just go get a coffee somewhere and use that wifi to get the files you need.

Play single player games. Skyrim, New Vegas, Dark Souls, ect.

Move out, grow a pair, stop playing videogames

>willingly continuing to play a game where the launcher is a literal botnet

>Be living in Uni
>Want to play game
Have you tried studying instead? Or going out with friends?

Anyway the solution is obvious, use a vpn, are you 'studying' liberal arts or something similar?

As far as I know only Three provide unlimited 3/4g with one of their monthly plans, there are no other providers with unlimited 3/4g

What if I moved out, got a job in the mines, got a wife, had a daughter and a son - but still play videogames (after I've done what I needed to around the house and the kids are entertained).

Literally use shit like mudfish because it's cheap as fuck and used for games, unless that vpn is banned somehow it's a great one.

Can we stop helping with tech support questions on Sup Forums?
Or no one here cares about quality of shitposting?