Which motherboard brand is your go-to when building a new PC? And why? Which ones would you never consider?

Which motherboard brand is your go-to when building a new PC? And why? Which ones would you never consider?

>goto
Asus and ASRock.

>never consider
Anything else.

I've had nothing but bad luck with MSI motherboards. Their other stuff is fine, but I'll never buy an MSI mobo again.

>asrock
decent for the price, can't go wrong with it
>asus
premium price, good quality
>biostar
lel
>gibibyte
flashy and crap quality
>msi
muh gaymen premium price

FUCK NVMEME

Bump for science

Asus.
Never had any of their shit to die on me, god bless those chinks.

anything but asrock. their prices are that low for a reason

Gigabyte
They work great despite awful conditions of my rooms even if they might lack some gaymer features they're OK. Never had to upgrade drivers either. That's a plus for non-autists.

>go to
MSI
Because last time I bought a PC they were the very best.
>Never consider
AssRock because it's a literal Asus bootleg
Gigabyte because I have one and it is awful

>ASRock
Quality motherboard, good price
>ASUS
Quality motherboard, shit aftersales (at least in my country)
>Gigabyte
Higher quality motherboard but a bit expensive
>MSI
Muh gayming motherboard, overprice crap (last MSI motherboard without RGB crap was good btw)

I'm using an ASRock AB350M Pro4 right now, and so far it's pretty good for the price.

>asrock
>quality

>Gigabyte
It's a shit company, I've got a mini-itx mainboard for the fm2+ processor and the coil whine is fucking unbearable, even now sitting with my earphones I can hear the sound of most annoying sounds ever made in this world. I was too lazy to return and exchange it when I bought it few years back so now I am stuck with it. Gigabyte never again. Also I have never overclocked shit, even had to downclock ram instead. My ram runs at 1366 even though it says on the pack that it should run at 1800 and even more, even at 1600 my computer reboots after few minutes after I turn it on with ram at such frequency and at 1800 it doesn't even boot to os.

This. Victim of a Z77 MPower failing it's VRMs when the warranty ended. Not falling for the MSI meme again. At least Biostars fail within the warranty period.

I'm using assrock since ages, literally 0 problems so I keep using that.
I don't dismiss anything based on brand but I won't buy gaymen mobos, ever.

>even now sitting with my earphones I can hear the sound of most annoying sounds ever made in this world.
That's true, I get these too, especially on USB, but their newer cards have dedicated earphone usb ports (at least the one I might buy).
About the ram, it's hard to tell because rams are universally known to work the way they want to. Have 2 different rams? They'll work like the slower ones. Got them inserted wrong? Not enabled in bios? Not all models work with all motherboards either. etc etc. Still, Gigabyte is better for people who don't save on motherboards and psus just to have whole computer fried in a month after first thunderstorm or cat unplugging cables.

Plebs and peasants, make way

I would have to be doing this on a regular basis in order to form an opinion but during the past 15 years I've only built 3 computers that used boards by Gigabyte (GA-7VA), ASUS (P5KPL/EPU) and ASRock (Z77 Pro4) and none of them had any issues. I'll probably have to build a new computer soon but I'm pretty indifferent about the brands, I'll go with whatever offers the features I need for a reasonable price. As long as it's not gaming branded it's fine.

>no weapons themed motherboards
trash

>Lga-2011
>Only 4 DIMMs

What a rip-off

>EATX
>4 DIMM SLOTS
The expansion prospect of this motherboard is indeed dark.

I hate them all. AsRock is alright though (literally Asus without the brand markup - iirc they use the same production lines even), MSI is utter dogshit.

Asus motherboards have great longevity

Biostar is the best brand in the universe.

I have corsair ram set of 2x4gb and I did a research before purchasing and my exact model EXPLICITLY stated to have support for this exact mainboard on their official website at gigabyte com. I have tried everything, since I use an amd APU and its performance closely tied to the ram speed. On other system with a8 I saw a considerable boost in performance ruinning mafia 2 for a test, like 10-15 fps increase from 1366hz to 1866hz ram. And it was using a cheap assrock mainboard , I didn't even have to oerclock anything, it was already running at 1866 at stock settings, it is my curiosity that pushed me towards downclocking it and see if I could get a performance boost on my(gigabyte mainboard and a10-6800k) machine. I was hugely disappointyed that I actually COULD get a boost. The thing that made it even worse that I had to downclock my system to have it run stable. You see? Other people get "free performance" by overclocking, and I, on the other hand, was even denied my stock performance AND still got that coil whine.

Depends on what range of product you're aiming for.

I'd avoid like death any cheap tier asrock for example, whle their mid-high end boards are perfectly fine.

I never had any problem with asus and got couple of their shit tier ones working just fine.

No more. Asrock is still made by pegatron but Asus have switched to ECS for quite some timw now.

>have P8Z77-V, stops POSTing one day
>can't even access BIOS, reflashing BIOS via usb does nothing to fix this
brands are all a great big sham some components just die I've got 10+ year old boards that work just fine while the only one to ever fully die on me with no way to even diagnose the fault has been ASUS
shit is random best bet is to buy from whoever offers the longest warranty

You kids retarded? What the fuck would you want more than 128gigs of ram for?

A single Xeon supports up to 8 DIMMs, so yes, it's quite a rip-off

>right angle 24 pin ATX

Why is this not fucking standard by now?

Nice non answer.

+1. Loved aesthetics of my z97 msi, but it fucked bios in a year. MSI never more.
Gone for assrock it's reliable stable and cheap.
Asus too using one now it's very stable and top bios.

> tfw only 4 dicks in my mouth

>bzzzzz-zt

ASSRock
Because fuck you
I'd never consider MSI because of it's huge advertising company and shit

>goto
MSI, their non retarded gaymer stuff is actually pretty good value for money never had a problem with one.

>Never consider
ASUS had lots of reliability problems with their products.