Cheapest 1070 ti I could find is $479.99(CAD)

Cheapest 1070 ti I could find is $479.99(CAD)
Cheapest 1080 I could find is $569.89(CAD)
My question is as follows:
Is the 1080 $100 better than the 1070 ti?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. Just stick to 1080p medium with a 1050 while the Bitcointards lose their shirts after the bubble explodes.

So I should wait for the BTC which is already crashing fucking hard to die off and all the retard miners fucking stop buying GPUs and wait for the 1080 ti to be within my price range?
How long will that take? 6 months you bet? I really wanna get a new graphics card because the rest of my computer is amazing but my GPU is a 960 and I really REALLY need an upgrade.

It's not going to die off any time soon. It'll be at least another couple years.

People buy the cards for other coins besides bitcoin.

I guess that's true. I think I'll just buy now. I don't really care that it's more expensive because it's worth it to me.

Zotac Amp! GTX 1080 Ti on Ramazon for $730 now. You'll have to wait for them to get back in stock maybe.

Depends on the resolution you're gaming on. If all you're doing is 1080p, you don't need anything more than a 1060.

No thanks. Don't have the funds.

if you're fine gaming at 1080p, buy a 1060 6gb at ~$300, it can play any game at max settings

6 months from now the 2080ti will be launched, it'll be nearly twice as good as the 1080 for $500 (assuming bitcoin crash), then you sell off the 1060 for $150-200

Am gaming at 1080p but considering getting a VR headset in the somewhat near future. Really want one for vrchatbut I'm not retarded enough to buy a weird gimmick for one game.

Good. Don't give your tax return to the Jews.

I have a 960, don't plan on buying another trash tier card any time soon. If I'm upgrading, I'm upgrading. I'll wait on the 2080 release and buy then.

>VR meme
top lmao

If there is any really significant reason to get a VR headset I will. I want one but my current standing is that I will not get one.

Bought pic earlier today and I'm feeling like cancelling the purchase because this shit was extremely expensive around here.

For few fps, get the 1070ti for 100 shekel cheaper

>trash tier
1060 is twice as good as the 960, BUT yes, if you aren't desperate for an upgrade, wait until January (at latest Feb) for the volta launch. the 2060 will be comparable to a 1080 anyways

Waifu Sex Simulator
Arizona Sunshine
Climbey
Croteam games
Rec Room
The Lab
Vanishing Realms

>twice as good
Let's not go overboard. It's a decent upgrade, but it's not a 1080.

yeah, not TWICE, but pretty darn close

and I'll stand by what I said about the 2060 being 1080 tier. that has always been a pattern with nvidia (see 980 vs 1060), especially now when moving up to a much better architecture

Cancel it, user. While you still can...

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/

>March 26-29

Wait for Nvidia Volta

Was going to get one, but the only ones that I was looking at are either win 10 only or 8.1+

vive costs to much to justify

considering the 1080 is a mid range gpu by size, a 2060 may very well be 1080ish, and nvidia could launch it at a larger size if they have no per transistor performance gain just to hold off a generation.

Croteam games work on Linux. I'm pretty sure some of the other ones do too.

This doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll ask here.
I can be a little patient. I need to upgrade my 770 and I'd prefer something lower than 400 CAD. How long will I be waiting to make the upgrade worth it?

Ms vr, currently the best one, only works on win10 to my knowledge

vive is out of my price range,

the rift lacks in so many ways and being forced to use linux to boot...

retard.

Get the ti desuuuu

>$570 CAD is $450 USD

This is a great GTX 1080 price.

>1060 6gb at ~$300, it can play any game at max settings

Dude what are you talking about I have a 1080 and even it can't handle every game at max settings. Unless you mean 30fps or some shit.

Don't even think about a GPU right now, everything is $50 to $100+ overpriced.

I was thinking about upgrading my GTX 970, but looking at the prices and shit, it's not worth it for 1080p.

I can play every single fucking new game at 60 fps with a combination of high and ultra settings.

two years ago it was all ultra settings... so I've only lost a few setting's highest options.

The next cheapest upgrade worth it would the GTX 1070, but again, the prices are too damn high over MSRP.

Too add,

it's not nVidia won't drop new shit before summer starts.

You have to buy GPUs a month or two from when they launch to get good value from them.

The GTX 10 series cards are 1.5 years old already...

I'd wait for Gaming Volta.

should have never been bought in the first place with how fucking ugly it is. let alone that cooler just screams autism level house fires.

What's your CPU?

What effect does cooling have on the auto-overclocking - are there dimishing returns on output? I'm looking for good performance while maintaining cost efficiency, and am deciding between a $500 1070ti ftw2, a $540 1080 acx3, and a $600 1080 ftw2. What should I get? 1080ti is just too expensive to justify.

Are you an AMD cuck?

Intel core i7 6600k @ 4.4 and Gtx 1070 over clocked here at 1440p. EVERY game, bar less than a dozen terribly unoptimised ones will run at max settings 60 fps

No, you can get damn near performance of an overclocked 1080 with an overclocked 1070TI, which is why Nvidia forced all the board partners to ship the 1070TI at stock clocks and not preoverclocked.

I choose it because it was literally the biggest cooler I could find.
Trust me I'm coming from a 480 and with my average ambient temps which are between 26 to 35 when it gets toasty around here, any extra cooling is worth it.
I don't even care if it has yellow retarded shit, I will just hide it inside my case anyways.
My worry is this shit not holding up during summer and me having to buy a water block for it.

What's gaming volta?

>2080ti
1180 then the ti 6 months after
You forgot how to count

I have a 6700k @ 4.6 with a GTX1070 at 1440p, and hasn't been true for me. Tomb Raider, Witcher, Fallout 4 (granted this one is unoptimized as shit) can't run at max settings while consistently maintaining 60fps.

>tfw grabbed vega 56 for 399 on launch day

Did I miss something? I follow closely any tech-related news and i think Nvidia has yet to announce anything about Volta or Ampere...

Buy a used 1080. Chances are they wouldn't have used it for mining since it would be too expensive in comparison to it's mining performance.

>being this retarded
Maxwell to Pascal was a 60% boost. Pascal to Volta is only a 30% boost, and that's debatable because of the massive difference in vram speed.

2060 will be 1070 at best or slightly slower.

NVidia has already released a Volta GPU...

>only a 30% boost
conservative analysis shows 50%, and that's not taking into consideration DDR6

the only people who are shitting on volta are the amd fanbois who can't even afford their own shit hardware thanks to the chinese miners

>baiting this hard

>delusional no-coiners

this lol

What would the 1080 allow you to do what the 1070ti wouldn't?

Both are considered 144hz/1440p cards, and both can fufill those roles just fine, except the 1070ti does so for cheaper.

My favorite thing is how they don't understand that you can't even mine Bitcoin with GPUs, only ASICs. Bitcoin has nothing to do with GPU prices lol

muh gaymes

1050 ti is as far as my budget will take me so it's what I'm going to get.
Who here uses that shit and what's their opinion?
Looks like the best option for the price and a decent performer.
Going to be using it for video editing and gaming.
I'm also aware 1060 is almost 2x better for editing but €60 more is a deal breaker.

gee thanks

It indirectly does

yall mine the non ASIC coins and buy bitcoins with it. I know what you jews are up to