I'm going to try pic related. Say anything about it

I'm going to try pic related. Say anything about it

anything about it

great desktop experience if you go with the budgie version. The only distro i ever tried that just werks without looking like shit out of the box
i would wait a bit before trying it because the current package manager is gobshite. Its getting replaced in a few weeks.

Fuck off, Kevin.

Seconding this
I went one year with Solus (also Budgie version) and it's a nice desktop experience
Everything works out of the box and it's blazing fast
As the other user said the package manager eopkg is not that good in comparison with other package managers and the repos are kind of small
If you have some time i would recommend to wait until the devs migrated budgie to Qt and finished their new package manager sol

fuck off kevin

I tried it for like a day and re-installed Arch. I'm going back to it once it switches from that awful package manager and uses Qt instead of gnome, in the meantime, Plasma it is.

I want Kevin to leave

I'm not even using Solus anymore on my main machine, so you fuck off. Also, I didn't make this thread.

One more thing I'd like to add though, Solus is the best distro and I applaud OP for giving it a shot, and I suggest everyone who isn't already using it also install it.

KEVIN
E
V
I
N

Kevin I want you to know you're the epitome of unwelcome newfagotry and I hope you get anus cancer.

Fuck off Kevin. Fucking attention whore

Ya'll need Solus.

>joining Hillary Clinton's botnet
top kek

>newfaggotry
Mate I've been here for a few years. I first got known by faking my Ubuntu screen fetch to be Gentoo.

Quit being a troll.

>Hillary Clinton's botnet
Explain. Where's your proof.

Literal no one cares about you anymore. Just die already. Now shoo and actually stop trying to be relevant again.

You cared enough to reply as well as say "Fuck off Kevin" multiple times. Also really classy telling someone to die. I hope you get help and live a happier life, instead of spamming hate on a technology board. I hope you have a happy new year lad.

>current year
>not using Solus

Nice fooshi. Is that the X1 Carbon? Solus looks amazing in a high resolution holy cow.

OP here, what the fuck is a Kevin

Me

(You)

I think I'll just go back to Sup Forums

Straight Debian is stable as fuck and easy to use, plus low on resources. Explain why Solus is better?

budgie

It's also faster, and focused for the desktop, and it really shows.

the budgie version is ok. no tlp anymore for laptops so no solus for me

Bye Felicia

>Budgie
>smooth as fuck
>works out of the box with no need to fuck about

Literally what Linux should be. Install and get going in an instant.

Basically the equivalent of macOS or Windows 10 in terms of usability and friendliness out of the box. The most normie friendly distro in existence, as well as being more than usable for the power users.

It makes me kinda happy that someone is still using my edit from the original thread.

reddit /u/kevinarefunny

just another meme distro thats nothing more than a DE showcase.

What you just stated and what the facts say is really making me think

Distrowatch is literally a place were distro hoppers go to talk about the latest meme distros with other ricers.

>Looks at top 10 distros across different time frames
>ricers
>nearly all distros listed aren't suited for ricers
I don't even know why I'm biting your bait.

top ten distros among distrowatch users. That's like going to /k/ and concluding that moist nuggets are the most popular gun of all time.

That's not based on users, those are just page hits. Try to keep up.

FUCK OFF KEVIN

YOU DID ENOUGH DAMAGE HERE

YOUR KIND IS THE WORST, YOU SHILL THEN CHANGE CAMPS

FUCK OFF

Kevin, is this you?

What's up with the Kevin meme? What did he do?

he installed kevin

I still have Solus on my ThinkPad, and I still love it.
No lol
I liked Solus
Kek

>cock enthusiast
kek my sides

This is now a Kevin thread

>iPhone filename
Now I get where is this cancer coming from

how does one get popeye-tier forearms like this???

Eat pizza for 2/3 meals

I'm glad someone noticed it

So hyped for Solus 4.

Eat shit

Kys

>>>/reddit/

>systemd
>gnome based desktop
>changes package manager every 6 months
Shit distro.

It's time to give up Kevin

Same here.

It's very polished and runs great. I've had it as my main distro for almost a year. Solus 4 comes out in January, so there will be a wide range of improvements just around the corner. If you have any 32-bit games/apps though, choose something else. Ikey and his team have no plan to add 32-bit support, aside from Steam where it's necessary. Their support team is good to add apps to their repo when requested, unless the project has been long abandoned. Case in point, I use "arp-scan" often @ work, but the project hasn't been updated in over 5 years, so they won't add it to their repo, which means I had to compile it from source. Not the worse thing ever, but still annoying on a fresh install.

did kevin just make Sup Forums LESS shitty?

Definitely worth a try. Using it on my Elitebook and it's the best distro I've tried so far in my opinion, coming from ubuntu mate.

Don't take my word for it though, just try it for yourself.

Kevinposting in a Kevinthread.

9 out of Kevin. Kevin.

Fuck off Kevin.

What's your beef with Kevin?
It's not his fault your a shitposter who uses obscure distros to feel special about yourself.

Just werkz distros like Solus and Ubuntu are the only one that should matter to the majority of people.

You using Budgie, GNOME, or MATE version of Solus? Also a KDE version is coming out very soon.

>ITT: distros for people that can't install arch/gentoo

I started this meme

>simply want to get away from Windows
>install Solus and keep going on in life

Not everyone has autism, user. Some people like having their shit just work without extra effort.

You know not everyone is a NEET ricer, right?

Budgie.
It runs the smoothest on my pc (in my experience)
D2500 with HD5450 and 4GB RAM.