Help

So there's some laptops on sale for boxing day right now and I really need something lightweight and small to replace my old bulky dell. It would need to be something that I can carry around in my backpack all day. All I really need it for is word processing, photoshop & flash and some simple web browsing. Decent storage is what I need so chromebook isn't an option. I was thinking about the lenovo twist bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-thinkpad-twist-s230u-12-5-2-in-1-laptop-intel-core-i3-320gb-hdd-4gb-ram-windows-10-pro-refurb/12288819.aspx? but I'm still not sure.

absolute garbage

Yeah. You got any recommendations?

X230 with a msata ssd for speed and spinner for storage

Is that the lightest option for my price range? (

That's the worst laptop I've ever seen.

It's plenty light enough, and you can get one refurbished for 150 US dollars.

Bro dont get duped by the idiots here. The whole lenovo thinkpad thing is all satire. Dont fall for the fucking memes. Its just a meme. Do yourself a fsvor and dont ask these faggots

This. /thread

> 500 canuckbucks
Isn't that like $50 at this point?

>Dont fall for the fucking memes
This, don't fall for the pieces of shit running dual core ULV processors in the year 2017 almost 2018.

That Chinkpad OP wants is probably terrible tho. The fact is decent machines

AGRREED - i used to lug around a lattitude d830 with a spare battery - never again - lightwieght is where its at

AUTIST TIER - anything lenovo / ibm that has been price inflated by memery
GOOD CHINK TIER - xaomi mi book
GOOD NORMIE TIER - 2nd hand macbook air running debian (thats me)
GOOD Sup Forums TIER - Modern chromebook with chroot or seabios or whatever

>macbook
>chromebook
LOL MEMES XDDDD

It's right under 400USD

Excuse me sir, but I believe you're wrong.

It's fine.

here comes the think autism

See this or look for any X2** series if you want something lightweight.
Avoid any Yoga series and things like your pic.
Also X1 isn't worth bang for the buck.

Get a dell

and you recommend a macbook instead dont you?
or wait dont tell me
chromebook?

business dell
or business hp
or thinkpad
certainly not that consumer tier garbage

>thinkpads are bad because I say
at least give me a reason
any business laptop from either hp dell or lenovo made in the last 5 years is way ahead of any of the garbage you guys tend to recommend

>>thinkpads are bad because I say

they arent bad but have been over-memed and and sellers inflated prices accordingly hence lost the value they used to have (supply and demand)

also this guy want small cheap and light.. weighs fuck all is a requirement ... he clearly wants a chromebook if he can stomach linux... be honest thinkpads arent anywhere near that level of portability

Ignore other posters the i3 is fine for secoundary PC like laptop.
4GB ram is enough but i'll upgrade that asap.

I'll swap the hard drive for a ssd
go for it.

don't let these gamer retards do thinking for you.

thanks for the level headed response

>they arent bad but have been over-memed and and sellers inflated prices accordingly
true but theyre still cheaper (and better) than whatever best buy walmart special or knock off thinkpad
>also this guy want small cheap and light.. weighs fuck all is a requirement ... he clearly wants a chromebook if he can stomach linux...
not really
he says "photoshop & flash" in the OP which I dont know how well those might transfer over to linux since I am devoid of creativity
>be honest thinkpads arent anywhere near that level of portability
also sort of true but Id say that youd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 2.7 lb C720 and a 3.4 lb X230 in a backpack
Also while we all instantly think of thinkpads but you could easily go for a elitebook 2170p or maybe a 2570p or whatever dell equivalent

>secoundary PC
no mention of a primary pc
>gamer retards
literally none of the laptops mentioned here have a dgpu

also nice usage of correct advice to conceal your bullshit

Apparently reading is too hard for you:
>Decent storage is what I need so chromebook isn't an option.

not him, most X86 based chromebooks use regular ssds as storage
op could upgrade it if he really wanted to

> hp anything
HP is garbage. Business Dells, especially after they went private, are great tho, and cheaper than Chinkpads.

>he fell for the consumer hp meme
elitebooks are pretty good
especially the ivy bridge models
we've had this user on /tpg/ with a 2570p that had a overclocked quad core, dual ssds in hardware raid 0 and a hotpluggable egpu
he outbenched current gen mobile xeons with his 12.5" powerhouse

most elitebooks are the polar opposite of consumer hps

>literally none of the laptops mentioned here have a dgpu
no shit you just figured that out did you, want a cookie then smartass.
their bissiness laptops for a reason.

>What is Igpu
>what is retro winblows games

>also nice usage of correct advice to conceal your bullshit
I bet your ass your a freetard because you can't use your laptop for anything but your neckbeard activities.

If your trying to prove to me having a better cpu is going to make you more productive at writing Office documents and power point slides.
I have bad news for you

Also my 1st gen core series i3 laptop can handle well over 50 tabs on its tiny 13" display

You don't need more.
If you treat your laptops like your desktop then in my eyes your a gamer retard,

> fell for the consumer meme
Nope. Just found them to be trash when I was working desktop support. But good for user, that's cool. I still won't part with my sheckels for HP tho. Maybe in time.

this is some good bait
thanks user

>no shit you just figured that out did you, want a cookie then smartass.
>their bissiness laptops for a reason.

>>What is Igpu
>>what is retro winblows games
all this bullshit
you called them gaymer laptops in the first place faggot

>I bet your ass your a freetard because you can't use your laptop for anything but your neckbeard activities.

nice conspiracy theory
Im on windows

>If your trying to prove to me having a better cpu is going to make you more productive at writing Office documents and power point slides.
>I have bad news for you

I said nothing against this
I have no idea why youre so defensive about this

>Also my 1st gen core series i3 laptop can handle well over 50 tabs on its tiny 13" display

so does my 10 year old TC4400 with its 4gb of ram and T7200

>You don't need more.
>If you treat your laptops like your desktop then in my eyes your a gamer retard,

there you go trying to prove a point I never had anything against in the first place

here try reading this again
I know reading is hard but I believe in you user