So this is what nightmare looks like

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoteling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_desking
youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And yet, wait until you see their streets.

>looks just like a shitty college hall

That way you don't ever have to fucking grow up.

An actual career/occupation? Sure.

Most of Sup Forums will make fun of indians and the fact they use Macs but they're sitting at home making fun of other people instead of improving themselves.

what are the cables hanging from the ceiling

>2018
>we actually get nostalgic feels about cubicle life

looks like a refugee camp

having your own space to concentrate is a bad thing?

Oh yay, another open office thread. Please kill yourself.

They're referring to the open plan meme.

Don't worry people are already complaining about it

Hey bro, I heard you like to have conversation. We'll I've set up your workspace so you can have multiple at once! What's that? You don't know how to start a conversation? Well don't worry, you'll be able to hear at least twenty at once so you can always jump in.

TLDR - Fuck open office floor plans.

God i wish i had a job

I thought it was a joke

Cubicles look terrible but feel nice.
Open spaces look nice but feel terrible.

Nice resolution you fucking NEET

It's not an open office. It's the grave you choose.

fucking THIS

The level of anxiety that comes from having to focus under the constant barrage of other peoples bullshit, while having nothing to do with why they are paid for being there, is WAY to high.

open space is really a big mistake

I hope I never end up in an open office area. I can barely concentrate in my college library because I always feel way too close to other people.

power/network. ceiling drops like that are common in open desk plans that a reconfigurable.

I cant imagine how insanely fucking loud that place must be

This is what modern man has been reduced to. Any sane self respecting person would never tolerate such a demeaning environment without going insane and throwing things. Yet every one of you did it in school. You're all domesticated garbage

>TFW have a nice cubicle

>dev is leaving that has an office and i may get his position- meaning i may get his office

>i would prefer my cubicle to an office because its openish and i like having conversations with my coworkers when i get bored

Dont know what i should do. I have a feeling i am going to end up in that office all by myself and i will get superrrr bored then

Notice all the empty desks. Most people are choosing to work elsewhere and remote.

This has the added benefit of reducing hr overhead, since you don't have to deal with the problems of poorly socialized sperglords trying to interact with each other. Out of sight. Out of mind.

OpenOffice: extroverts, social inclined persons
Cubicles: introverts, focus oriented persons

Dont you have actual work to keep yourself busy?

masturbate

I see all this "openness", not only in offices but society as a whole, as a sign of social decay. In this case, instead of rugged individualism and focus on work in order to sustain one's own lifestyle and their family, it's more about "connecting to people" social-media-ish, modern, 21st century, contemporary bullshit, like there is enough space and time in a productive office during worktime to deeply connect to anyone. We're moving in the direction of faux and superficial contact with a lot of people instead of looking for (and valuing) people we really share interests with and can develop a meaningful connection; any sort of meaningful connection, perhaps a future business partnership with a colleague where both will get rich, a lifelong friend or - who knows - a romantic partner, your soul mate, or so to speak.

I work in companies with the "open office" concept and I attest they can't be productive. There will always be a good number of loud, obnoxious and outgoing people who don't work, and people who actually work will have to work their ass off to make up for it. I work in 2 companies; one doesn't mind me working mostly at home, but the other one is still a little skeptical and asks me to come to the office at least 2 times a week (even if I actually don't have any pending work to do), though they still take proud in calling theirselves "modern entrepreneurs".

Such is life in the 2010s.

Careers are becoming less and less about actual work and more about well you can contribute to a big social jamboree. eg. I had to take a 9 page personality test when applying for a minimum wage job pouring coffee. Being 'weird' (socially awkward or just poor social skills) can be enough for bosses to ask you to leave even if you do your actual job properly.

cubes are better if you actually need to get work done and not just talk to people all day

At least your library isn't open concept...

>press F13 to escape our reality

It is though. I usually don't even bother because it's always full of asians shitting on the floor and screaming at each other.

That's why I work on a farm now.

Everyone gives me shit about it not being a real job, that I should be using my higher education/relatively high intelligence to something greater, but you couldn't pay me enough to come sit in an office building. Fuck that shit.

This is why I dived into autistic kernel level engineering. I may not be paid much, but I am fucking untouchable.

No joke, I got away with telling some young intern that she was a fat fucking dyke and her only function in society was being a cum dumpster after she called me weird and suggested that I was autistic. She went to HR and all, they decided to "relocate" her. I got a slap on the wrist.

I used to study on campus but after they remodelled the library I just stay at home.

>All those shitty Mac monitors
Yikes.

>asains shitting on the floor and screaming at each other
sounds like you're mistaking pajeets for asains

This would actually be okay though since it doesn't feel claustrophobic.

>I got away with telling some young intern that she was a fat fucking dyke and her only function in society was being a cum dumpster after she called me weird and suggested that I was autistic. She went to HR and all, they decided to "relocate" her. I got a slap on the wrist.
legenFUCKINGdary.

The pajeets here aren't too bad aside from not knowing what antiperspirant is.

>Oh yay, another open office thread. Please kill yourself.
Found the Facebook slave

Yeah, but like don't you ever want to take little break every so often? sometimes shooting the shit with my coworkers about sports/whatever is just a nice change of pace from staring at my computer monitor trying to figure out how im going to do the shit i need to do

>telling lies on the internet

ok kid. go back to violating GPL Licences.

That's what coffee breaks are for. Nothing stops you from socializing with your coworkers if you have cubicles or individual rooms or whatever. You can still have communal areas, nothing wrong with that. It's the end of individualism and attack on introversion the main problem here.

This shit is so comfy asf, wtf happened in today's world

I am so happy to have an office with real walls and a door.

>AYO how I be tweeting wif da blue tick
>Fuck sake Jamal I have told you before, you're supposed be a programmer working on the new timeline features

Move into the office and keep the door open.

honestly, I like the way my old job did it the best, where desks weren't really enclosed, but you had a short partition between you and the next guy. I don't want complete isolation though

>I don't want complete isolation though
It's just a cubicle, it's not like every worker is on his own pocket dimension or anything.

>Back at Data General, one day during the debugging, his weariness focused on the logic analyzers and the small catastrophes that come from trying to build a machine that operates in billionths of a second. He went away from the basement of Building 14 that day, and left this note in his cubicle, on top of his computer terminal: "I'm going to a commune in Vermont and will deal with no unit of time shorter than a season."

Cultivating the land is doing God's work, user. Ignore the haters.

I fucking hate open plan offices. They did a survey where I work recently and 95% said they didn't like it. But nothing will change of course.

I'm a fan of small rooms with 2-5 people who are working on a related project. Lets you collaborate without getting in other peoples way.

Also this. Having a nice kitchen and table area is important.

>ranger nu-male secretly resenting all the minorities

I fucking love cubicles. My office uses open plan since last year and while it has some positives (less hoarding space for that gross coworker who often leaves his dirty socks and half-eaten sandwich at the corner of his cubicle), it mostly does nothing at the expense of comfort and makes people more difficult to find because the ones needing space often go and work outside or in the canteen instead.

So:
>OpenOffice: women
>Cubicles: men

well, you could easily automate part of your work there...

>secretly

nibba please

How embarrassing
>Oh right, where do you work?
>Facebook
>...

>private offices are expensive, we'll introduce 'workstations'
>workstations are expensive, we'll introduce 'cubicles'
>cubicles are expensive we'll introduce 'open offices'
>open offices are too expensive, we'll just have everyone work on the floor

(((They))) are preparing goyim for collectivism and inhuman leftist regime. Cubicles = individualism and personal space.
Open space = soviet-like shitshow with no private space.

They'll give everyone beanbags. Don't encourage them to infantile their employees more than they already are doing.

Many offices already infantilize employees. Some offices have safespace padded rooms with coloring books. Speaking of infantalization here is the Ticketmaster slide.

Some offices already did away with assigned desks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoteling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_desking

> The Chad open plan office
> The virgin cubicle

Why on earth would you do that? Is it that hard to be polite to people?

resembles an Indian market

What about this office i visited a few weeks ago in Sweden?
They had a 'Narnia' meeting room, pure fucking emasculation.

>this bitch said I was a virgin so I sent her a video of me fucking a cat until it died
>sure fucken showed that cunt

>wah open offices are a recipe for disaster and ruin productivity even though every major successful and influential tech company has an open office floor plan
maybe if you guys ever used your brains to think instead of complaining about dumb shit you could get a real job and find out that having the ability to talk with your coworkers is a good thing

What is growing up, user? Sitting in a cubicle being all serious, working for a serious salary in a serious company in a serious field? But why?

that'd be neat to have in a house or something, but in an office it just comes off as a soul sucking pathetic attempt to make something lifeless and dull more 'fun' because some idiot manager was annoyed that people weren't smiling and upbeat enough at their job.

>Some offices have safespace padded rooms with coloring books.
For real? I'm genuinely curious to know where, just so I know what companies and areas to avoid in the future.

There's a difference between fun and being plain childish. Supposedly high end companies like that should be encouraging their people to be exceptional and you don't do that by working in a playground.

And then everyone clapped?

>be exceptional and you don't do that by working in a playground
Well, apparently they are still exceptional and your stereotypes are wrong.

any time you want to talk to someone, lean out of your door and yell their name IN MY OFFICE NOW
then proceed to friendly chat

Our floor has "team cubicles".
The floor is basicly divided in big cubicles for each team. You get a big desk, and normaly the only interruption you may have is a teammate. And teams are at max 6-man.

kek, floor manager at my old job did this, he was perfectly reasonable but everyone feared him because they assumed getting called into his office was a bad thing. once you got in there though, you got got a coffee and a ciggy(if you smoked), and just talked shit while going over the performance form, he'd belligerently read out the questions, pause, then go "YEP, excellent!". needless to say everyone that went into that office got a great write up and some genuinely useful advice on dealing with coworkers. after you were done you got the rest of the day off. ofc part of the gag was to wind up everyone who hadn't gone in with rumours.

i miss that place.

>a boring ass job in front of a computer

I d rather kill myself

They are for hanging yourself.

>So user
>Our HR manager tells us you don't talk much to your coworkers
>Why is that
>Do you have any mental illness
>Are you an introvert

>she called me weird and suggested that I was autistic
sounds about right

These companies have barely innovated the last years, or you think round avatars are amazing?

I really doubt that happened, at least with these exact words.

MANDATORY INTROVERT QUOTAS WHEN

iiik. the all use macs

On the one hand, if they did both an introvert and mental illness quota, I'd be a HR department's dream.

On the other hand, I'd hate to be a quota hire.

Growing up for me would be, interacting with other people in close quarters. So, fuck that.

No, this is what nightmare looks like

youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs

open office works well in small companies, if you have like 20 people in an open office it's pretty good, but fuck these huge warehouses with 100s of people.

I would say 4 people per room/area is optimal.

With 20 people you would always have some somebody talking.

>floors are expensive, we'll just have employees work from home.

that's pretty cool desu

that's the end goal, but they still haven't figured out a way to make sure people working from home are actually working.

Think about how much money you could save by not having to rent office space in expensive cities.

Read this book user. The one straw revolution. It teaches you nothing in particular. But it un-teaches you many things. None of the so called modern industrial farming techniques are healthy for the earth and human.
the book covers life as a whole. Not just farming and food.

>normal, well adjusted adult male
Man that shit fucked me up.

all these fucking shitskins