Is a Intel - Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor a good CPU for a low budget build?

Is a Intel - Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor a good CPU for a low budget build?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/7rD3f8
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7400/m355vs3886
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5154976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It depends on what you are going to be doing with the computer. "Low budget" is not descriptive enough. Low-level gaming use and low-level Wordpad use are vastly different.

Gaming budget like 500-700 USD

buy some used premade

>low budget build
Don't was your money.
Search eBay for i7-3770.

Which games? What kind of performance are you happy with? How long are you willing to go before upgrades/replacements?

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. I want you to get help. But I want you to help yourself in that endeavor. You have to explain your expectations and put them into context for people. Maybe post a tentative build list and give examples of games you'd want to play.

Stable 30fps at least, everything I play stutters no matter what with the Chromebook laptop a have now. Even ES3: Morrowind stutters and I torrented Fallout 4 to review it and I could run it with a few lowspec mods but the framerate was still shit. I can wait a while for upgrades.

>chromebook
lmao

I know it's shit it was a gift from a couple years ago

I had a g3258 and wouldn't recommend one.
pcpartpicker.com/list/7rD3f8
Something like this i think would be good for your budget.

>ebay
One of them will be broken, one will never ship, and two will be the wrong item. Ebay, not even once.

>buying from sellers with less than 5000 sales and 99.99% rating
Found your problem.

Ebay is pretty buyer friendly, the only issue i've had where they didn't side with me was when my item broke after a few months and the dodgy chink seller didn't honour his advertised warranty.

not all oem mobos deliver the full 75w throught the pci-e slot

Morrowind is a shit game optimisation wise. It will stutter no matter what.

>Don't was your money.
>Search eBay for i7-3770.

Choose one.

Your biggest investment should be on the gpu and then on a quad-core cpu (you can survive with a hyper-thread two-core cpu though).
If you can get an old i5 with an old but mid-high tier gpu (at their moment) used, I believe it would be your best bet.

Another thing you have to consider is your monitor resolution. I see many people forget about it, but it is what defines your whole budget. A 720p/768p build doesn't cost the same as a 1080p one, and so on with higher resolutions.

>pd: don't you fucking dare go cheap on the psu. It's a budget for a pc, not to start a fire.

Okay, some faggots here don't fucking know a bit about budget builds.

The Intel - Pentium G3258 is a great budget cpu if you get one for like 10 bucks or something. otherwise you are wasting your money.

well, one thing you fags got right is used parts. well unless he plans upgrading, then you're best bet is a low end ryzen chip at this point in time.

but back to the used parts:
obviously you need a good deal on ebay (or in your town/city when there's a shop for this kind of thing). If, like in , you can get a 4770 with case, mobo, ram etc. that's a great fucking deal. if you can get something like this for a price like this buy it and be happy, if not try to aquire the following:

A Xeon X5650. Old Server processor, clocked at 2,66 - 2,9 Ghz, Hexa Core with Hyperthreading.
Normally nothing great, but: you can overclock this thing with a cheap cooler like a 212evo to 4Ghz easiliy. If you're chip is good you can go even higher, some guys have reached more than 4,7 ghz (on air). Obviously you'll need a good air cooler, not a shitty 212 evo. Water cooling would be even better.

It's like a i5 7400 in single core performance, but you have 6 cores and hyperthreading.
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7400/m355vs3886

Price for the cpu is low, here in Germany it's 34€. The expensive part is the motherboard. You'll need a x58 1366 motherboard to overclock this chip. They cost at least 100€ used. But 134€ is still a good value for a 6 core ht 4ghz cpu.

i myself got a bundle (x5650, asus pgt deluxe x58 1366 mobo, 24GB of RAM and a be quiet! shadow rock 2) for 200€ earlier this year. it's basicly the budget cpu king.

Good user. If I needed another system I would do this. Ryzen 1700 means no need, tho

^^
well, now i own a ryzen 1600 and a x5650 system.

pretty much no difference what so ever, makes me regret buying ryzen a bit, but then again i bought a crosshair six hero mobo because i believe that future iterations of ryzen will be the fastest cpu's tho.

>24GB of RAM
WHY THE FUCK DID WE EVEN MOVE TO DDR4

i don't know, but only 8 of the 24gb were 1600mhz, so i bought another 8gigs (2x4gb) for 35€ (new of course). so i'm running now 16gb ddr3 1600mhz, x5650 @4ghz for 235€.

Benchmark:
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5154976

'member when Pentium meant you had the best CPU... Now when it says Pentium you politely stay away.

As someone who owned a E5640 system @4Ghz for a half a decade, don't. It was nice back then, but now it's seriously not worth it. It'll be obesolete by tomorrow for gaming thanks to muh instruction sets and shit like no pci-e drive support, no msata, no PCI-e 3.0, no power states, the CPU struggles to utilize even 60% of the theoretical bandwidth that triple channel provides and the memory controller itself is sensitive like a pre-teen boy's asshole.

The Kaby Lake Pentiums have hyper-threading (and thus 2c/4t), so they're a little more useful than their recent predecessors that didn't.
Not a bad choice if you're on a tight budget, don't want to buy used, and can get them for a price around MSRP.

Only some have, G4560,4600 and 4620 and the garbage -T variants. Decent pairing with some budget DDR3 board with updated bios, but at this point it's about as cheap to just get some locked ivy bridge i5 and shit all over it anyway.

>getting a 3gb card when 970 with 3,5gb tends to struggle already