Is gnome good yet?

Is gnome good yet?
I've been using MATE for the last 4 years and while it's been 100% stable and hasn't crashed once, I'm a little bored of it and looking for a change.
I'm leaning towards KDE because of qt konky but gnome looks like it's gotten really good since 2013.
Thoughts on the two "big" DEs would be appreciated.
Distro is fedora.

Other urls found in this thread:

extensions.gnome.org/extension/25/window-list/
extensions.gnome.org/extension/712/traytop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if i want a clean desktop i would use deepin over gnome desu.

>Chinese botnet

Also is installing 6000x extensions just to get basic functionally like status icons still a thing?

It's still absolute shit.

Nope. when i used gnome all i needed where 4 or 5 extensions

And then they broke when you updated.

admittedly two of them broke and that's why I stopped using gnome and switched to xfce

You made the right choice for maximum comfiness.

>Zero customizability
>Everything is huge
>Garbage taskbar
Yeah no thanks, GNOME is better

>Everything is huge
>Garbage taskbar
Wait, are you talking about gnome or deepin.

>Intentionally leaving out the one point that invalidates your argument
Customizability.
You can customize GNOME.
Deepin not so much.

When extensions did you have?

Also any KDEfags to weigh in on this?

extensions.gnome.org/extension/25/window-list/
and
extensions.gnome.org/extension/712/traytop/

I know there are alternatives but I'm pretty fine with using xfce

install fvwm

I'm an adult pal
I need a full, non autistic looking DE

this was for but then i realized he didn't ask me what extensions broke. I honestly have no clue what the others where, It's been ages

I tried this once. It had a very retro feeling that I liked but I had no clue how to configure it. I might try it out again

It's getting worse. They started removing basic features like tray icons.

>no qt furry mascot

(image deleted in 3... 2... 1...)

thanks now I'm jerking it to furry pr0nz with my (((boss)))

As you can see it's removed, mods.

leave konki alone

Dunno what's stopping you from trying both, but I prefer KDE. Gnome is a bit fat and also feels gimped without a dock.

No dock? WTF am I using then?

GNOME will always be the DE for soyboys

I think what he's trying to say is that it doesn't come with a dock right out of the box.

I guess it depends on the distro. Antergos GNOME has Dash to Dock installed and active on installation.

this

Yeah. My Windows partition recently crashed and then I accidentally botched the whole computer including the Linux partition due to trying to fix it while half-asleep. So I reinstalled everything from scratch, and decided to try Gnome Shell because some people say it's good now, and with the widest choice in GTK themes.

And then they do stuff like that.

Still considering whether to return to Cinnamon, try KDE again (didn't like it before, but I like Krita and can't live without Okular), or something else. XFCE?

Same as Ubuntu 17.10
Gnome looks okay imo.

It runs bad on some hardware, namely if you use something older than an Intel HD 4600. It's just a lag-fest. This is primarily due to GNOME Mutter being a very bad compositor. Be warned.

>using GNOME Nautilus because XFCE's thunar is so terrible
Dropped xfce