Are there any PC gamepads out there yet that use USB-C? It's pretty much the last thing in my life that uses microUSB...

Are there any PC gamepads out there yet that use USB-C? It's pretty much the last thing in my life that uses microUSB, and I'm ready to move on.

regular micro usb works better for gamepads due to how well it sits in them, compared to usb c that easily falls out due to being reversible

and no, there won't be any for a long time as there's literally no reason to switch to it

The Nintendo Pro Controller does afik.

Switch Pro controller uses USB-C and is probably my favorite controller, but you'll have to find a driver for it as it's not xinput compatible out of the box.

>usb c that easily falls out due to being reversible
spoken like someone who doesn't use usb c

Hmm, those are kinda pricey but I wouldn't mind having one. I figured it wouldn't be xinput compatible with a default driver, but are there wrappers for it out there? Or is it just "use xpadder"?

Could you just use wireless?

I do, but c is definitely less sturdy than micro usb
and i'm only talking about the scenario where you're charging the pad while playing, so it's most likely a non-issue 95% of the time

What the fuck is USB C? Last shit I heard about is 3.0. It's blue.

>c is definitely less sturdy than micro usb
this is just objectively wrong. the connector for usb-c sits about twice as far into the device as micro usb does. On every single device usb-c is sturdier. I have no idea why you feel this way, it's just wrong

USB type C is a variant of USB 3.1
Were you in a coma for the last few years?

I have a T420 Thinkpad, so longer than a few I guess.

Why not buy a usb to usb-c adapter and stop being a prissy little faggot?

Get a wireless steam controller.

Aren't battery powered controllers better and more convenient than rechargeable ones most of the time? Not only can you have a spare ready any time by having extra batteries, they also last the most on a single charge (with the exception on the Nintendo Pro Controller, that shit has amazing battery life)

It's very important to remember that switch pro controller doesn't have analog triggers... That's something that pretty much every controller since the PS2 has had, and many of games would expect to be on a usb controller.

Sucks cause other than that the pro controller looks amazing. 60+ hour battery life!

Plus, when eneloops stop holding a charge you spend $10 to replace them and pop them in. When the ps4 controller stops holding a charge you're sol.

I have my first 360 controller in use still, with fresh batteries. Iv given away my first ps3 controllers since they can't last for more than an hour.

C is a new conector, the common one is A, the little ones are micro and mini, and there is also the B conector(mostly printers) with micro and mini variations.

>eneloops
Oh boy, I got memed into buying those. I got three years with mine and they still hold charge like they are brand new.

I MUCH prefer controllers without analog triggers

Way better for fightan' games and platformers.

Frickin' amazing usb variant

I adore my pro controller. Better check if it's the right one for you though

>When the ps4 controller stops holding a charge you're sol
It's just a Li-ion battery. All you needed to do was replace it with another Li-ion battery.
>I gave away my DS3s because I was too stupid to fix them
kek

>there's literally no reason to switch to it

was it worth it? i bought some duracells and they went to shit real quick, so i bought some more and they seem real good lol

Some Duracells are rebranded eneloops. I think the have a white circle around the + tip.

What you're really looking for is LSD batteries (low self discharge). The best value is the Ladas or something like that set sold at IKEA. 4 pack of AA for $8. You should get 5+ years out of them and I think they're 1900mah. Eneloops are 2000(and the pro ones are 2400, but only have half as many recharges) and depending on where you buy them they can be as much as $20 for a 4 pack. In Canada Costco sells a 14 pack of mixed AAA and AAs for $75.

The newest 8Bitdo controllers do, they don't have analog triggers though.

>SNES controller with analog sticks
God this looks weird

>mfw modern keyboards still use mini USB

Good.

I mean, I'd prefer Mini to Micro 11 times out of 10.

It's the only type of USB that should exist. I see absolutely no reason to have A/B/mini/micro/other crap. Differentiate between devices and hosts? FOR FUCKING WHAT? You ain't gonna need it! If you connect a printer to a printer or PC to a PC it simply won't work, why the hell a cable should guard you from doing retarded shit.

I'd agree with you had they initially come out with USB C with USB 1.0, but they didn't. Now A is the universal host connector.

It's never too late to fix mistakes.

I've never understood the need to create Micro USB when Mini USB is only slightly bigger.

It is when we're decades in and trying to replace Universal Serial Bus' universal connector with a connector that 99.999999999% of USB devies don't have.

Just don't buy outdated things, buy the new ones with USB-C.

I only like USB Type C on portable devices like phones, and drives.

My motherboard has a Type C port but everything that is Type C that I own has Type A on the other end.

Type C to Type C cables are rare as fuck.

miniusb is only designed for a few hundred connections before the port breaks

Miniusb>microusb
both are an engineeting disaster though

Usb type A is based l.
Usb Type B is shit but its flat so takes less space

Micro/mini/C are a later invention because nobody expected smartphones when they invented a single port to connect all your peripherals printers and storage with

>miniusb
>1000 connection cycles
>port wears out, your device is fucked

>microusb
>10000 connection cycles
>cable wears out, your device is still fine

Guess what, people prefer the cheap cables to be fucked rather than their phones

There's a program called wiinupro that just works. It works with xinput "out of the box" and for DirectInput you need vjoy. Connect your controller, add it in wiinupro, map it and you can play.

Its way more expensive.
Both USB controllers and cables.
Better just use USB A mini.

You dont need 10Gbps and 20V@5A for a controller.
450Mbps and [email protected] will do.

Also, does USB C has the latency and wireless problems USB 3.0/3.1 has?