Can the botnet realistically be avoided these days or has it grown too large to be defeated?

Can the botnet realistically be avoided these days or has it grown too large to be defeated?

Are you from the early 90s?

"botnet" you mean AI and no you cannot escape from it.

Rockin' muh loongson 3B, browsing on GNU Icecat and Gentoo GNU/Linux with ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE"
right now feels good mane.

>Loongson 3B
Nice, I'm getting one too

No.
We live in the age of malicious hardware so malicious software doesnt even matter at this point.

"avoiding the botnet" is a spectrum, not something that you either succeed entirely at or fail entirely at. Think about your threat model. Who are your adversaries, what are their capabilities, what information are you protecting, how far are you willing to go to defend it?

Yeah just ditch your smartphone, pc, video game and internet.

If you are the new born baby, then yes. Just avoid using smartphones, buy VPN and most important don't put legit info about you into the Internet. If you use it long enough, they know about you everything valuable. There is a way however, ditch your smartbotnet devices and lie about yourself in the Internet. Not updated data lose value over time.

Exactly

Bullshit, i mean sure - there are different levels of botnet, but you can't avoid it anymore, and that sort of talk normalizes the fact governments or other powerful actors now control global botnet(s). By all means though, do a thread model on joe ruskie stealing your CC.

>walk in room
>see this
>wat do?

It's called isolating your devices. You keep a Windows laptop and a phone for convenience and a Libreboot laptop with GNU+Linux for privacy. Learn how to isolate your devices.

If an open source CPU becomes available to the public (RISC V Foundation), then we may have a chance to fight back.

Nothing few nukes can't fix.

MINE

the only way to survive is blending in.
Own a twitter account
Own a facebook account
Own a google account
do some inocuos shit on those from time to time
Do whatever you need to do in private in a different computer/enviroment than the one running that shit
Being a loon trying to blow up shit and telling everyone on the internet is as bad as being a paranoid freak that tries to be invisible and hidden all the time
Remember, normies think that if you need to hide something, that thing is inherently bad no matter what

stop staring at me

Why are british women so ugly

Caz you 'ave shit taste luv.

>own
>a twitter/fb/google account

pls Gooby PLS
You don't OWN you account. There is an account and you have a LICENSE to use it in a way twitter/fb/google allows you.

Just not into the inbred ogre look

They're not.

yes, with an amish lifestyle
what you cannot do is avoid the botnet and use technology at the same time

I said women not 16 year ols girls

She's cute.