Router Thread

Is the WRT32X a good router? Or is Asus the only way to go for routers?

Other urls found in this thread:

download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/12-14-2017-r34080/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't say Asus is the only way to go, I like the Nighthawk line.

From what I've seen, all the internet reviews complain about Netgear's range capabilities.

>overpriced """gaming""" router
yeah, buy it kiddo

this'll drive you nuts. stopped buying linksys when they started putting this thing on.

/thread

not installing ddwrt

>not buying a high quality router
Forget games; linking your PCs feed to your Smart TV is the future, and you're retarded for thinking otherwise.

You are a retard. If you think anything with the word Linksys, Netgear, Asus, Belkin, TP-link, etc. comes remotely close to "quality", you need to quit posting here.

OPNsense is the way to go

>high quality
>asus, netgear

Yeah, they are good, but not for its price.

Mikrotik is the only non-retard choice.

maybe he just want something affordable works out the box, just setup password that's all.

>no arguments
Further proving your stupidity here, idiot.

Can Mesh Routers be used for streaming?

>what is LEDE

Ignore the autists itt and get an Asus rt68u and flash it with Asus merlin firmware

/Thread

How do you learn all of this network garbage? I can never understand what i'm doing when I open my router settings

I want a router that allows customisation, such as tomato or dd-wrt.

What's the recommended router?
Modem must be built in too

Killing yourself would be the best solution.

I didn't mention Apple in that post at all?

You mentioned having a modem and a router in a singe unit though, that's literally worse than applefaggotry, since even Apple has more sense than that.

blood for the blood god

Read Computer Networks by Andrew Tannenbaum

What's the problem with it ?

DDWRT cripples performance on 3 modern, popular routers I've tested (ASUS, Netgear, Linksys). Go from gigabit speeds to 5-600mb/s over ethernet, and go from ~500mb/s over 5ghz wifi to just 110 mb/s

In my experience ASUS routers are great for a feature rich native firmware. For example, they have ability to be used as not just repeaters, but proper nodes to rebroadcast the network in other parts of the house, functionality i used to rely on DDWRT to achieve. Surprisingly modern Netgear and Linksys routers were not able to achieve this with their native firwmares

performance comparisons between ddwrt, lede and stock tend to come out in favor of stock. (but yeah the ddwrt interface is better)

Either enterprise, Asus, or something from this list.
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/12-14-2017-r34080/

TP-Link is good for tight budget constraints.
My D-Link is going on 10 years old in 2018.

This. This is it.

What does Sup Forums think of Netgear Orbi?

Deciding between this and the RT-AC68U.

not really, my wrt1900acs works better with lede

Proprietary: Ubiquiti/Microtek
Open source: Anything that runs LEDE/OpenWRT
Bit of both? DDWRT

Don't let the meme design fool you, this is an absolute beast of a router, and exactly what you want for a large home.

Traditional routers are a thing of the past. The future is mesh/satellite routers and there's nothing you can do about it.

Don't update the firmware if you do decide to get it. The wifi drops constantly and the only way to use it is to wire in.