What to do about the future of technology?

So everyone pretty much knows that companies purposely integrate spyware into legitimate software or even have it ingrained into hardware (intel/amd cpu backdoors) so theres no level of privacy, at first I didn't think it was as bad and stallman was just over reacting, but now I can't even bring myself to buy any new piece of technology because I know im just buying a camera for someone to spy on me.

Tldr I want a fucking new computer or new technology in general but I can't fucking accept the fact that I'm being tracked everywhere I go, is there any real cpu manufacturer/hardware manufacturers that are ethical?

Is fucking anything ethical in this point in time? I feel like killing myself because of the direction technology is heading in, I can't even be fucked to program anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sigh bump

Lols

Eat more greens tag. Embrace the (bot)net :***&)

>Eat more green tags

Sigh I dont even know what this meme means.

Can you just post a solution to my technology problem

I'm sorry to tell you the truth, but there is no way to escape the botnet, if it isn't thé program, it's the os, if not the os the bios, and if not the bios, the hardware, there is absolutely no piece of technology that isn't part of the botnet. We're fucked

This, along with ISPs sharing your information. You're always vulnerable.

Can you please tell me that someone or more importantly a group of people are trying to stop these problems and overthrow corrupt corporations? Like, is Stallman actively writing or in the process of writing his own software bottom up and trying to manufacture his own type of hardware?

I know its a lot to ask for one person or even a group of people, but is there actually hope?

> there is no way to escape the botnet

Oh?

All they want from the "regular goyim" is raw data they can chuck into their neural network monstrosities, so they can extract marketing data and serve targeted ads at a personal/local level.

If you really want to beat em, you need to start to lie, and lie a lot at a point the data proves itself to be useless.

I know that feel bro. We're fucked, it's too late to do anything :/

>leaving a literal paper trail
Sad!

Invasion of property is illegal, spying on you because you agreed to allow it in the EULA you didn't read, isn't

The thing is if you dont accept to EULA you cant use the software, so what the fuck are you even meant to do

NO REFUNDS

Well there are people """""trying"""" but it is'nt fully botnet free for example puri.sm or eoma68

>tfw no amadeus kurisu

They'll never succeed because the entire web is botnet from the ground up.

The only solution is to exchange encrypted plaintext files on magnetic media, passed between old computers that never directly touch another device.

realistically being spied on doesn't really have any negative effect on you
nobody cares about your mundane life

I have a little bit off-topic question : how are hardware spying us ? If they can grab our data and send the data with wifi or ethernet, it would be theoretically possible to watch the packets wirh wireshark right ? Is there a proof of suspicious packets being sent directly by the hardware ?

>nobody cares
>so that's why we spy
>because we don't care

Don't give up! Many people are doing work for open source hardware, and that is a step in the right direction.

Put it simply you're using a compromised computer, why on earth would they even display or show sensitive data theyre trying to hide to anyone?

I don't know if theres evidence but I doubt some meme application like wireshark would ever detect some packets being sent to microsoft for secret data theyve captured from you.

Also, intel/amd has a backdoor in their cpu that cant be disabled, so your computer isn't really yours, you can get hacked and all your bank account money can go missing the next day if they felt like it, because I guarantee that all your "secretive" data was cached from the cpu cache and sent to some data center

It's too late, they can't succeed because the majority of people (normies) are ok with being spied on, producing hardware is really hard and costs a lot it can't exist if only 10 autists are interested in it

What about RISC-V, and their open source instruction set -- maybe this can be the initiative everyone needs to at least make something available to those who care. (I hope)

google don't track you desu i called about a missing device that I could see had been connecting to the internet through my google devices page. I asked them to tell me the location of ky device since its been stolen and I can see it has been connecting to networks they just told me that they do not track or store location data :^)

Fucking faggots everyone knows they do it should a just told me where my device was wouldn't have even cared that they store all my info

This post is FUD.

If you're talking about Intel CPUs, they are not spying into you that way (passively). If they were, some neckbeard monitoring his traffic would notice it. The issues with Intel ME are:
1) it has ring -3 access, so if its compromised the attacker has full access to all I/O regardless of which OS you're using
2) its a blackbox you can't audit. For all we know, Intel could've made a partnership with NSA to give then an USB stick that automatically turns on IME's web server to send data at their request. It doesn't mean that this is happening, it means that if that is the case, the user can't patch or disable it because its an undocumented, closed-source black box.

There can be good steps in the right direction, user.
AMD's PSP have a better security record than the IME. If I were to buy a new CPU today, it'd be a Ryzen.

If you are buying a new phone or a new computer, be sure to use it with free userspace (LineageOS for phones and GNU/Linux on desktops/laptops).

Also, remember: to have privacy is not to live off the grid. It means you can choose what is public, what you're willing to share for a service and what is private. So, you don't need to avoid every single Google service ever, just be aware of what data it collects and make the choice if you're OK with it ("would this info bother me if it became public some day?" is a good question to ask).

Don't be depressed, be happy that we are slowly regaining control of our desktops and phones with free software.

That hasn't stopped the gobment stealing peoples laptops in a public place when they can't get a search warrant ay? They'll just bust down your door with a warrant.

It's not FUD if you can't actually prove to me microsoft are doing what they're not supposed to be doing, being completely real do you have certainty that they're not taking information without your permission over some hidden protocol that is exclusive to microsoft?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

Im not here to fight I just want to be sure im safe.

Do you feel safe if someone was shoulder surfing you every time you typed in your password?

Theres obviously some way they can identify whats important information determined by the statistics of all your words written/keys pressed, if you type in TROUBLEDOR99 repeatedly over time I'd be my money on the fact they know your password

>It's not FUD if you can't actually prove to me microsoft are doing what they're not supposed to be doing
???
Neither me or you mentioned Microsoft in any post?

>being completely real do you have certainty that they're not taking information without your permission over some hidden protocol that is exclusive to microsoft?
You're throwing buzzwords. Who do you mean by "they" in this post?

Every computer needs a physical layer to transfer data. This is normally your Ethernet cable going to your modem then to the Internet. You can monitor everything between your PC and your modem. The packet's content can and should be encrypted (like it is with W10 telemetry), but the fact that data transmission was made is impossible to hide.

You can intercept any internet packet that goes through your router through this "hidden protocol" you said. Had anyone seem PCs making connections in something that isn't TCP/UDP, but only if it had an Intel CPU, would make the corporate world hell in a single day.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
What does this have to do with anything discussed here?

>Im not here to fight I just want to be sure im safe.
>Do you feel safe if someone was shoulder surfing you every time you typed in your password?
Take 30 minutes to install a free OS and use a password manager. Problem solved.

>Theres obviously some way they can identify whats important information determined by the statistics of all your words written/keys pressed, if you type in TROUBLEDOR99 repeatedly over time I'd be my money on the fact they know your password
If you have a keylogger in your computer, the keylogger's owner knows your password if you typed it once. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with mass surveillance by silicon valley. You're literally mixing up different subjects to spread FUD.

>Amadeus is proprietary technology that's actively spied on by multiple parties