Speccy thread

Speccy thread
Rate each others setup

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/459741/SuperSC_16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3000_PC4-24000_CL15_Dual_Channel_Desktop_Memory_Kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you baking a cake ok this MB ?

My laptop

It's getting a bit old

What do you need 32GB ram for?

Chrome

I also run a lot of VMs, this was the maximum amount of memory that would fit with a regular desktop processor at the time.

Built this for $500 AUD. How did I do?

Looks decent, how long do you plan on keeping it?

Side note, bad board, would not recommend Gigabyte again.

Spent about 1200 on upgrades as so as ryzen was available. Kind of disappointed,but hey it works so can't complain.

It's slower than you think.

Daily build upgraded for VM use

what's the deal with your temps?
were you running a benchmark in the background?

YAMEROOOOOOOO!

Well done, user.
That's actually somewhat decent.
Get another RAM stick.

Update your speccy nigga

delidded 8700k running at 5.0ghz @ 1.33v
Never runs over 70°C

nigger what are you doing
>6700k on B250m
>32gb DDR4
>650ti
?????????????????????????????

>nigger what are you doing

>Daily build upgraded for VM use

When you have a daily build that you want to upgrade for VM use, all you need to do is add more RAM. Each VM need about 1-16GB of RAM usually. The more you want to run, the more you need. If you want to run a testing setup with a couple of Windows Server VMs and a couple of Windows 10 and 8.1 clients, you'll hit 16GB in no time, even with dynamic memory enabled in the hypervisor. You'll definitely need more than 16GB.

Not sure why Sup Forums pretending to be Sup Forums thinks everything is about games and only higher end graphics cards and less than 16GB RAM is what matters.

you put an unlocked processor on a locked chipset you fucking retard, you already are Sup Forums on Sup Forums

and there is no way youre actually using 32gb of ram on a vm machine running off a quadcore

a 650ti is also a retarded choice because if you dont need the graphical capabilities of a more powerful card for whatever your VM usage does, go with something significantly more low power, or if you do need some decent graphical performance, go with something newer for the sake of efficiency. Something like a GTX 1050 would draw less power and give drastically more performance, while something like a GT 1030 would draw fuck all power and perform around the same as a 650ti.

I plan to keep it as long as the CPU supports what I'm going to be doing, with gpu, memory and storage updates as I need them. It's safe to say this will be my daily driver for at least 5 or 6 years.

Thanks. I'll probably hold off buying ram for now, but I definitely will upgrade it in the future.

k processors are generally clocked higher, for a few tens of dollars you get a faster CPU. If you already had the CPU, no reason to get a slower one just because you want to run some virtual machines. The only thing you're missing out on by running a k-CPU on a h/b-chipset is the Sup Forums-tier overclocking.

VM's tend to be demanding on RAM. They don't all require 100% CPU usage at all time, but they will typically hog memory. In my own testing with SCCM, SCCM and its SQL database can eat up 12-16GB by itself. Hardly any CPU usage.

How many years must you run with a GT 1030 to even save anything compared to not buying a GT 1030 and just keep the 650 Ti? That a card might demand more power at load doesn't mean they demand as much at idle. Idle power consumption might just end up being identical between the two cards. Who cares about performance for a VM system. He would be better off just removing it, unless he wants to play the odd game now and then.

>70c
Jesus Christ that’s still hot, AND it’s delidded?
What the fuck lmao

Overclocked, delid meme, probably upped the voltage. 70C sound about right under load. If you consider that the cooler might be running at a quieter fan profile, 70C sounds pretty good.

>1.33
>70C

Get a core 2 quad/10

>1.33v
>70C sounds good

Might be soldered/10

The king of single thread and overclocking can't get old.

Thanks buddy for defending me against Sup Forums.
I actually play some vidya once in a while, I paid for the CPU and RAM with scholarship money, couldn't possibly buy a GPU with it without looking like a retard. Even a 1030.

>K CPU in a non-OC mobo
Well, the price difference is negligible and I end up with faster cores so that's really neat.

I think someone brought up the subject of using 16 GB of RAM to play with VMs, I'm an Eastern Yuuro IT student and our school servers are fucking useless with their 8 GB of RAM. No, not 8 GB per VM, 8 GB to split between the domain controller, client and fuck knows what else. I'm tired of this shit so I decided to go with 32 gigs.

I said 70C sounds pretty good. Get your quote right.

That’s even worse though, I tried to make you not look like such a retard. No thanks I guess

It's ok. 70C is well below the 100C max of Intel CPUs. And if the system is quiet, 70C is good. Not everyone wants to sit next to something that sounds like a jet engine to keep a CPU at 50C.

>le muh TJMax maymay
That’s when it throttles, 70C is bad and you know it Brian.
Especially after a delid and only running 1.33

It’s probably the socket temp contributing honestly

70C is well within the specs of current CPUs. It does not harm the CPU. I've worked in retail and I've never seen a dead CPU that wasn't DOA or part of a commonly known issue like the performance marginality problem of early ryzen CPUs. For issues with older systems, it's never the CPU. It's always something else like the motherboard, RAM, PSU.

>never seen a CPU killed
Shit are you like 19?

32. It might not be true that I've never seen a killed CPU, but in recent times (10 years), never seen one. Dead or broken CPUs outside of DOA is very rare these days.

Last killed CPU that I've seen was during the Athlon XP days when improperly installed coolers could crush the CPU, and they didn't have overtemperature protection, so overclocking with a too small cooler made the CPU run far too hot (100+ Celcius).

>70C is bad
[citation needed]

Fucking plebs.

Read below.

Correction: It's voltage is at 1.3 Clocked at 5.0 ghz
I'm cooling it with a Noctua DH-15 in an Fractal R5 case so the airflow is.. very minimal, regardless the temps are very low. When I said 70°C, that was just an glorified estimate. They never actaully reach over 60 ~ 65°C when I'm under load.

Should have got a single good monitor instead of 3 shit ones.

You fucked up. Should've waited for raven ridge.

Meh it's a Christmas gift
Latest dell insperion 2 in 1
I doubt I'll ever be able to upgrade the thing

>calling everyone else plebs while simultaneously backpedaling this hard

Oced to 4.8ghz.

I wanna build a new machine, but there's just no functional reason to upgrade just yet. I hope we get some good generational gains next tick from AMD's renewed pressure on Intel.

Just upgraded from an 8350, such a huge difference.

What ram are you using? I can't get my pc to post when I select 3200 but it will post at 3066.

i love how anti windows and how anti gaming Sup Forums is but this thread is chock full of gaymers using windows

microcenter.com/product/459741/SuperSC_16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3000_PC4-24000_CL15_Dual_Channel_Desktop_Memory_Kit

I think it's a microcenter exclusive thing.

:( If only I had a micro center near me, oh well I guess I can live with 3066

I doubt you'll notice a difference desu

I actually bought all those monitors before I built the computer. They're not that bad for what I use them for anyway.

well it's pretty obvious that most of Sup Forums is just Sup Forums pretending to hate video games and use linux...which makes me a bit sad

mein

Update your speccy man temps are bugged to shit lol

Spent a total of $250 on the PC, $230 on the monitor, how'd i do?

Processor OC'd to 4.0 GHz until I actually get my self to pushing it further.

[email protected]
gpu@2124core, around 4550mem iirc

another 4tb hgst hdd arriving today

[email protected]
gpu is actually rx 480 just reporting wrong