what do you think of TypeScript?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ReasonablyTyped/ReasonablyTyped
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradual_typing.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Microsoft
DO NOT USE

It makes javascript somewhat useable imo

I'm a brainlet, I get confused when someone tags variables/funcitons with types. I need my code to look minimalistic as possible for my small brain to understand it...

Useless now that kotlinJS exists.

it's ok, but only makes sense on server side, becouse you will still have weak typings in browser cause js.

You fucking retards... TS is just a superset of JS that still translates into JS... There is no TS runtime engine

this

And yet if I need to test it on a browser, I need to run tsc which compiles it into JS.

What part of no runtime didn't you understand, faggot? Your server will still run normal compiled JavaScript.

Or you put it through a transpiler first that converts it into ES2015/16 or earlier JS that the browsers support.

Isn't the whole point to give the developer a warning when he's using a wrong type?
I don't see why this won't work in a browser.

It does work in browsers, not sure what that person is going on about.

Makes Javascript usable and this is coming from somebody who hates Microsoft. Angular also makes life easier

NG serve faggot

It's pretty good and has a community, but it's still JavaScript. Thanks to github.com/ReasonablyTyped/ReasonablyTyped you will soon be able to use TS definitions with a better language, ReasonML.

Dynamic typing is a feature.

No when it works like in JS.

Not crazy about the C#-y syntax, but I like the idea of “somewhat typed” languages.

>somewhat typed
There is a term for it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradual_typing.

I've never used it, but even the slightest bit of type safety helps.

To be fair, immutability is more important than type-safety, so you'd probably get more benefit out of ClojureScript than TypeScript unless you're a very disciplined TypeScript programmer and use Immutable.js.

you will never hava a job therefore use elm instead

>compiled JavaScript
we should all learn malbolge