How fast are u nerds? /typist/ Thread

This is for all /mkg/ fags and typist nerds.

Post your wpm, your keyboard and switch.

Test is here, 1 minute - baseball - GO
typingtest.com/

>75
>Ducky Mini
>Red

Other urls found in this thread:

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got 75 as well. Why am I so shit?

u gotta believe in yourself user

Sub 100 is kys tier

I got 80 on the science test. I start to approach 90 and i just spaz out

Bigger words and better interface

54/48 adjusted. Typing on a desktop chiclet wireless keyboard. I type faster on a touchscreen tablet.

I'm surprised most people ITT aren't getting 110+, I see lots of 110+ on the high scores of typing test sites.

somehow did worse and better at the same time

according the type test scientific test you're top 15% if you're 80 and above. Most normies are 50wpm

Haven't had my coffee yet this morning though.

~100 wpm on 10fastfingers. Usually use BS or mx blue

Averaging 90 on typeracer, thinkpad keyboard.

how many of you have done courses or some shit? i couldn't even imagine going above 100

good enough, more than this would be overkill

Get on my level, scrubs.

50wpm is barely touch typing.

what would be the advantage of typing faster than this lol?

Lol I'm so bad but then again I really don't type much at all.

Is literally noone completing the scientific test at >100 WPM? That sounds odd.

There is no advantage for you, that's why you never learned.

Same reason stupid people never become fully literate and sound out words.

Meh

barely doing any typing anymore ... but who cares more importantly that you don't need to look at the keyboard in order to type and stuff ...

61 WPM - 1st try

knew some cunt back in skewl, dumb as fuck but the she typed a 140+ WPM

I'm not good with punctuation, my native language doesn't really require a lot of it so I sperg out when I have to type apostrophes and stuff.

On "only words" tests I usually get above 100 wpm.

I admit it, this was on the second take.

I had a 3 hour programming course in high school and first 15-30 minutes were keyboard warmup. I played games the whole time and the teacher didn't care because I started at 110 and didn't improve the entire year

Mine actually made me stop because my form was so fucking terrible compared to that home row crap they try to teach you.
Because of how QWERTY is laid out and the frequency of letters in english I basically hunt and peck with my right index finger and use every finger on my left hand to type at around 120wpm, which she hated.

I use an el-cheapo RedDragon Kumara with whatever knockoff switches it uses.

Worth the $20 I spent honestly.

meh

touchscreen

This typing test is pure trash.

Meh

Brown switches, das keyboard 4 ultimate, programmer

>104
>Corsair K70
>Cherry MX Red

When I played WoW I trained myself to ~130 so I could communicate faster than my cooldowns but I don't play WoW or type that much anymore. My main issue is typos rather than actual speed.

first attempt, no warm up
typing on a macbook pro 2015 garbage keyboard
thanks for reminding me that i can't type for shit

got 116 WPM for the scientific test

MPB

But, this is after I recently got used to typing with the whole hand,

The switching process from 3 fingers to 5 messes you up. But 3 fingers kinda cap you at around 90, with 5 you can go over 100.

That's amazing

I'm stoned as well.

Not at home currently, but last time I check I was at like 102. elementary school typing courses coming in help.

100+ isn't really that difficult if you type regularly, what's difficult is typing 100+ without any mistakes.

should i stop using cherry mx black switches for typing since i fuck up on them this much?

>85 WPM

Any time my family or normie friends see my typing they think I'm some kind of super speed typing mutant. Are normies really that slow? 50 WPM is like hunt and peck speed.

fuck i didnt post the image last time?
i use mx blacks, just practice don't blame the switch

I hope you took a break before writing this post

You people are mutants, im only average here

I maxed at 65 ):

You guys are fucking retards. I just got 102WPM on my 13" MacBook Pro 2017.

142 masterrace reporting ing

>mistyping more words than your typing speed

nice

the speed is there, now I just need to work on my accuracy

I typically type around 120 but my highest I've ever scored was 151. Phoneposting rn so can't really take test.

just use the dictation tool on your phone idiot

Typing spoiled by using too much autocorrect in word processing programs. I could go faster if I ignored punctuation and proper grammar.

pretty slow here, and I'm on a macbook keyboard, and my posture is awful
got 75wpm on the aesop test too
tend to max out at like 85, haven't gotten any faster than that

honestly, I really need to make my right hand do better -- my left hand, I use all the fingers and keep it steady, but my right hand is full of middlefinger presses and wrist rotations and I'll miss keys and have to correct it
but I'm too lazy to fix myself and sit down to actually practice
learned to touch-type simply because I spent so much time on IRC rather than actually bothering too hard with typing lessons (which I did have, but I'd still look down anyway)

Does the type of keyboard really affect typing speed? Would there be a truly big difference in speed if somebody were on a rubberdome crap vs an actual genuine mechanical keyboard?

>I'm on a macbook keyboard
so, now its not the superior keyboard anymore? huh?

pretty sure I can reach 700+ CPM but I just had an hour long fapping session to sadpanda's hottest shotas so my hands are kind of numb.

This is on a shitty chiclet laptop keyboard.
I'm better with real keyboards, I promise.

shotas aren't meant to be lewded you scum

110 WPM on laptop keyboard and 130 WPM in comfy K70

What is their purpose if not to be lewded?

TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR

reminder that knuth is a two-finger typist

I'm phone posting from family's house right now, but usually I'm ~550 char/s on a chink keyboard with blue switches.

I type a consistent 80 wpm with bursts up to like 140. Usually on tests I average out to 115-120.

All Apple products introduced after 2013 sucks dick.

Steve needs to be there in order for apple to function.

The 2012 line of apple keyboards are pretty nice, properly spaces, and has good travel.

I don't touch type, but I wish I did... Oh well.

worst in threab lads?

Masters of shitpostting in this thread.

>tfw used to have my left hand on 1/2/3/R/B because of Diablo 2 and then later WASD because of gaming when I learned to type.
>"Got to use the home row it's so much more efficient!"
The dumbest thing.

Used to be above 100 b4 I got lazy.

I usually get 120wpm+ in typing tests. This one seems harder than most.

Did this one on a surface pro 4 keyboard since I'm visiting parents for christmas.

Btw, anyone else type mainly with their left hand?

I use every finger except pinky on my left hand and on my right I only use the pointing finger.

>thinking 142 is so impressive

garbage keyboard? I type fastest on my MBP 2015 compared to rubber dome, mx reds and browns

Had to warm up with Aesop's fables so this one was with the baseball rules.
I'm sure if I'm programming I can go at least a couple of words a minute faster than this since I'm used to typing the keywords and know exactly what I'm going to type.

Doesn't work on mobile. Can type but it doesn't detect any words.

>try it on phone
>type about 40 words in the minute of the test
>this is the result I get

also tried it in Spanish, writing around 35 and it said I had 0 WPM with 0 errors, fucking kek. Wtf is this shit.

>why is being faster better
This is how dumb you sound