"Good" Antivirus?

So, what Antivirus (or combination) Sup Forums use?

I'm usually on Mint but will install Windows 7, disable updates and block host files etc. so I really need one - I'm very out of tune with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Embedded
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>disable updates
stupid idea

Panda

Windows XP gold edition doesnt have this issue

Doesn't XP get stuck on 4GB of ram?

I heard about Panda many times in last few years but I don't ever see it in top X antivirus etc. though - why do you recommend?

ALL ANTIVIRUS IS LITERALLY A BOTNET

BY DEFAULT IT HAS ADMIN KERNEL ACCESS

XP x64 exists

When I ran W**dows a few years ago I didn't bother. If you're sat behind a NAT router you're already firewalled so just keep your subscription of Common Sense 2018 updated and you will probably be fine.

is correct

is a memer (don't use XP)

Not on 64 bit XP

Just use Windows Defender
But yeah don't disable updates that's retarded

These:
Common Sense 2018
uBlock Origin
> And some free AV to scan files.

And use HitmanPro to ocasionally scan your pc if you get suspicious

Windows Defender: The Ultimage AnitMalware Solution

Now available on Linux. Buy now!

Too bad it doesn't have drivers unless you have very specific hardware, faggot.

I'll check this. Thanks!

That's not XP, tha'ts POS.

POS is XP:
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Embedded

Don't disable updates.
Bitdefender is currently the highest rated anti-malware product tested by AV TEST, an independent assessor.

I've used AVG for the past five years and had zero issues with malware.

I disabled automatic updates so I can only install security only updates. How retard is that in a security point bid views

Could potentially open yourself up to driver-based vulnerabilities or other areas of the system that aren't covered in "security updates" but nonetheless have vulnerabilities patched as part of the wider update programs.

eset

Btw are those .net security updates worth it? As in I'm in win 8.1 and doesn't want any win 10 telemetry junk.

edward norton antivirus

>disable updates
Don't listen to others. Updates on W7 are shit. They're all coded by pajeets and have many flaws. You're better off manually patching any large exploits, like the SMBv1 exploit.

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""potentially""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

When was the last time microsoft updated your drivers for your 4 year old hardware? They still host drivers from 2015. I see new drivers replaced by microsofts shitty old drivers all the time, pisses me the fuck off.

"Potentially" causing a security issue on your computer, just like not replacing a 1940s vintage lock on your front door could "potentially" allow a burglar to bust it open with little more than a shove.

I can't say I've come across much, if any, updates that were flawed in such a way I noticed a performance or security issue. If you're running a server that must have extremely high availability, I can understand being more cautious with OTF updates, but for normal use, there isn't much advantage to disabling automatic updating.

Also, I've literally just had a new driver update from MS, they released a new Prolific driver for a SATA to USB interface I have.

>there isn't much advantage to disabling automatic updating.
There is actually a huge advantage in performance, decrease of fragmentation and potentially less bugs introduced.

Common sense, uBlock Origin, Noscript, and a decent basic AV like Windows Defender will take you far. Best to also keep a Linux VM between Windoze and the internet, though.

What about sandboxie?

The only right answer is clamav

OP is a fucking nigger

nod32

I'm sure it was recommended as a joke. Panda is so shitty.

Why even bother with antivirus I havnt been using one for about four years now and everything is great.

Hitman Pro. Redditors are smarter than Sup Forums.

Windows security essentials for antivirus and free malwarebytes for anti malware

>block host files
uh.. you don't have any idea what you're saying, do you?

>he doesnt mark his hosts files as read-only

dude do you even security