Drank the Sup Forums kool-aid

>Drank the Sup Forums kool-aid
>Install mint on GF's PC when she's complaining about it being slow
>Calls me this morning because it keeps booting into the grub console and she doesn't know what to do
>Try to walk her through booting mint
>She gives up and asks me to please reinstall Windows
>Mad at me for wasting her time when she just wanted to use her pc to go online

Thanks for ruining my relationship Sup Forums. After all these years I finally realized why linux will never be a desktop os.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Apple-2-6GHz-Silver-MGEN2LL-Version/dp/B00746XCNK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Or people who shouldn't use computers shouldn't use computers.

In other news, water is wet.

I bet ur gf is ugly.
Should have installed xubuntu

> Install easiest loonix
> can't boot easiest loonux
Sounds like the goof is on you

>grub console
You probably mean tty1. No wonder it didn't work for your """gf""" since you are clueless yourself.

Don't push certain technologies on people who don't want it or need it.

She should leave you for listening to other autists rather than using your intuition as a man to know this could only end badly.

>My relationship is ruined because of Linux

Sound like you got worst problem than fucking linux mate

>WAAAAAAAAAH I'M RETARDED
But OF COURSE it's not your fault... Maybe you should just kill yourself.

Seems like your fault for not setting it up right. Grub should go directly to a login screen or desktop within a few seconds. How you fucked that part up is beyond me

t. Windows user

That's what you get for falling on memes

>99% of the population shouldn't use computers

Come on dawg get your head out of your arse. I'll still use Linux because I enjoy posting in desktop threads but no modern os should boot into a command line interface with no internet access. That's the least user friendly you can get.

She's no supermodel but she's alright. Has a great ass.

Ruined is an exaggeration but she did yell at me and hurt my feelings...

Should listen to this instead, I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings too much.

It worked when I set it up and for at least 2 days after. She either did something by mistake or something unknown happened

Post ass

>gfs
jej
>implying

If she never touched sudo nothing should have happened.
And she sound like she is not the girl to update a terminal whatsoever.

Lesson learned user. Though, I really wasn't trying to push it on her I thought it would be an upgrade

>she
>implying
>her
jej

Alright, to be fair, I understand. I'm trying to install a simple Linux on older computer when they start to run slow on Windows.

Hell, it's even the reason I have it my computer.

Make it up to her and get her a mac mini. Or at least a hackintosh.

Bitches love Macs, dude. Don't waste their time with Linux. That's for dudes who do this as a hobby.

700 bucks. Thank me later.

amazon.com/Apple-2-6GHz-Silver-MGEN2LL-Version/dp/B00746XCNK

>"her"
>"her" existence
>implying

Why do you keep posting? Just how autustic are you?

We're not all wizard incels like you user.

you dumbasses actually pretend to believe op has a "gf"

Most programmers have/had girlfriends/wives. Even if it's not true you're not adding anything by posting Sup Forums teir 3 line implying greentext comments.

Stop it. Get help

>but no modern os should boot into a command line interface with no internet access.
Or you should just stop using computers. You clearly don't have the skills required.

There's a default entry in grub, and your OS boots on its own if you don't touch any key for X seconds[1].

[1] X can be any value you configured.

Imagine having so little love in your life from the opposite sex, you cannot believe other people have girlfriends.

Sometimes GRUB thinks a partition is damaged.
While windows tries to "repair" it automatically, grub rescue console tells you to fsck the falty partition.
Actually this is a saner thing once you can read what is written on thescreen in front of you

>believing that
jej
>implying

>he installed a non LTS Ubuntu release for a production system

Stop projecting your autism on others, just because you're willing to inconvience yourself to "resist the botnet," doesn't mean she is. She uses a computer to make her life easier, not the other way around.

>she
>implying

sauce

>at work
>use linux installations as rdp terminal sessions to our server
>get a shitton of calls because people fuck around with it and don't know what to do when the grub shows up
>have the patience to explain them to not touch the keyboard when it happens, it will boot after a few seconds
>still get calls because THEY KEEP MASHING THE ARROW KEYS LIKE ORANGUTANS AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AFTERWARDS
>fuck it, explain them which option exactly boots into the system
>still get calls because they keep forgetting how to do the damn thing

Normies are retards, news at 11

WATER IS NOT WET

>met gf in a computer science related student org in college
>we both love linux, she dailys mint on her laptop
>share a headless ubuntu server running out of my house
feels pretty good not dating retards

>gf
>met
jej

If you really loved her you would buy her a MacOS product as that is the best brand for a PersonOfVagina. She will likely leave you for a better provider in the future. Also never reveal your power level to normies. You don't want to get stuck being tech support.

>her
>implying

imagine being this retarded