AMD ROME

RIP is piss Intel, can't say you didn't deserve it.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-epyc-7551&num=2
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-EPYC-Linux-4.15-First-Test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Vega10
>Q2/Q3

lmao

I will be with it if they removed their bot net as bad as Intel IME. There will be drove of Sup Forums user who buy system with AMD chip.

>higher order reasoning
>on a GPU
fucken lol

Well, yeah.
ICL-SP will be woefully late.
That's exactly when it launched (and started shipping to Apple).
No one cares about freetarded morons.

If you know what a national security letter is, you'll realize your wish won't come true unless Intel moves to Canada or something

I've given up on AMD, they're trash in the CPU and GPU department. The only thing they have over NVidia is the Crimson software in terms of the UI. AMD? More like AMecksdee

>AMD Naples
>Intel will be shaking in their boots

>releases and is worse than intel
>b-b-but user, you're just using it for the wrong things, see this ONE test, it actually edges out intel

it'll be the same thing that happened with Vega, another inferior product more than 1/2 a generation behind. the only people who shill (can it even be called shilling if you do it for free) are the poorfags (eg OP) who can't afford proper technology with well developed drivers and support

literally AMD's entire history has been releasing chips that have bad cores and locking those cores and claiming they're a different product. they are selling literally their trash and you suckers slurp it up

>trash in the CPU
Back to the cuck shed, BK.

Hi BK!
Why did you sell a metric fuckton of $INTC?

>hurr durr if you speak bad about my precious amd, that means you're a intel shill

can't spell buttmad w/o A M D

Brian why did you sell fuckton of $INTC for no reason?
You sold a little bit *too* much for it to be a coincidence.

>vega20
Does this mean no navi? How long am I going to have to wait for the next line's "mainstream" parts? A year plus?

Vega20 is a separate HPC SKU.
Something you won't see for consumer stuff.
It has nothing to do with Navi10.

Vega literally launched in June.

HAHAA WHAT?

Naples literally soils Skylake-SP while being not only cheaper but using less power, with the compiler still not fully ready, that's without taking into account the higher memory amount of I/O it gives, Intelcucks can only find peace in some irrelevant AVX512 benchmark or some rotational database that fits into the L3
Oh yeah and about the 2% of the market that still uses 4P+

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-epyc-7551&num=2

That was using 4.13, there's a big boost with 4.15 kernel.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-EPYC-Linux-4.15-First-Test

Naples is Intel's worst nightmare, and it's about to get very physical when 64C Rome hits.

how many times is this same meme going to repeat itself?

>2011
>intel better watch out, bulldozer is on it's way
>sandybridge blows it away because amd doesn't get their drivers sorted
>2017
>intel better watch out, threadripper is on the prowl
>intel releases the i9 18core and blows thread ripper away

>amd fanboys are relegated to >muh cheaper cpu, and >wait until next time

Threadripper is cheaper though. Also why are there so many agressive autuists in this thread talking about "INTEL BTFO, EPYC WILL BLOWN THEM AWAY." I doubt it'll go like that. Again its just the dime a dozen amd fantards in Sup Forums jerking themselves off.

It has been claimed many times before, but this time it is for real: Intel is absolutely FINISHED and BANKRUPT

BK, why did you sell the bulk of your shares?

>with the compiler still not fully ready

Hey, has AMD ever considered releasing products AFTER the software side has been handled? Might be a good tip for them.

If you're not a poor boy then you'll go for the 18 core cpu instead of the 16 core threadripper since it performs better.

I'd rather get the 24 core that obliterates both.

Don't need to, it's already performing better than Intel as is and newer kernels from the last months already have significant improvements.

>24 core
Yeah but with shitty single core performances

Yeah, releasing a CPU before making sure it doesn't do stuff like, oh I dunno, segfault with GCC, might be a bad idea.

Same with releasing a video card with unfinished drivers.

we just entered Q3 fyi

That's sure as hell better than Intel releasing two generations with the HT bug only to leave it to mobo vendors to fix a year latter or selling hardware that bricks itself after 2 years.

Also Epyc/TR don't have the segfault bug.

Mind me dumping some sweet sweet Intel errata lists?
Or, you know, bricking Avoton/Rangeley Atoms?
So much for glorious Intel QC!

Intel is an Israeli company

No, it's controlled by the Israeli but it's an American company on paper.
American companies being controlled by the israeli is a different thing entirely.

Intel flat out LOST to Naples outside of AVX workloads and databases that will fit in on-die cache, which is to say, almost everything. Not only does it perform nearly on par in single core performance, AMD uses additional cores and threads more efficiently and there are more of them, and AMD doesn't skimp on I/O like Intel does either. For single socket servers AMD owns the market, for dual socket outside of some specific use cases AMD has the upper hand, and 4S+ servers are rare these days. 64C Rome with additional I/O and almost certainly better single core performance with GloFo 7nm EUV will really put a hurt on Intel.

>blows Threadripper away
You mean beats it by roughly 15% on average, while having 12.5% more cores? Let's also remember Threadripper gives more PCIe lanes, draws less power, and also costs half as much.

7LP EUV as in the first step (for contacts and vias, without pellicles) or the second one with density/perf improvements?
But ye, ICL-SP is DOA. Unfortunately.

More importantly it has ECC

Yeah, because when you buy that $2000 24 core server processor you're going to be worried about losing 10% single core performance.

7401p is merely $1075 (assuming user implied 1P one).

25% FTFY

Either way, the point is single core is less of a consideration when we're talking about 24 core CPUs.

the chad roman vs the virgin israelite

There's no official naming but 7nm GloFo currently has 3 'generations', 2 gen of EUV

7nm DUV - HVM 2nd half 2018 with early 2019 products
7nm EUV - cost improvement
7nm EUV v.2 - density/perf/power

EPYC is likely to be made on DUV and EUV v2 unless the latter is delayed.

Well, yeah.
You're not buying high corecount box to jizz all over the singlecore numbers.
And 7401p is cheap.
In fact, it's so cheap, it violates the entire Bronze/Silver lineup.
Check the STH review.

There's official naming for it.
7LP (DUV), 7LP (EUV for contacts and vias), 7LP+ (EUV with perf and density improvements).

GloFo said DUV -> EUV should require no layout changes/retooling so there's literally no reason to not go for cheaper wafers, that's why there's no electrostatic improvements.
For 7LP EUV+ they're gonna need to change the floorpan though.

Man, where the fuck is Intel's EUV? Scratch that, where the fuck is 10nm?

Somewhere, and somewhere.
Intel is not planning any EUV insertion for their 10nm node.
TMG is such a fucking abysmal failure.

>SAQP until 2021

Holy shit Intel

At least they got money to burn.

Yeah, they went full retard.
After recent acquisitions? That I doubt.

Intel isn't dead but mismanagement is gonna fuck them over utterly in the next few years.

They can hit the point of no recovery.

Segfault is an early consumer Ryzen bug that seems to have been fixed. Epyc uses a new stepping altogether

>I know nothing about the things Im talking about.
>What is chip binning?
>Whatevs, I'll read it later, let just finish sucking this cock first.

Kill yourself.

Just give my 35w package laptop raven ridge already fucking pajeets reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

They literally told you to wait for CES you dumbo.

This is a retard thread. All you fags don;t belong on Sup Forums. So jerk off on some amd or intel forum.

ITT gamerfags try to argue which server cpu to get for gaming

Morons.

Ah yes, the superior architecture on superior node.
Something that Intel is yet to face in its entire history!
That would be the show of the decade the likes of which we've never seen before.