Why does the Windows 10 UI feel pasted on top of the old, usable design?

Why does the Windows 10 UI feel pasted on top of the old, usable design?

With the themes service disabled on LTSB, I had explorer.exe crash and it was literally the old "basic" design from Windows 7 that was rendered (Pic related) until I restarted it.

Just Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2015/08/14/windows-10-spying-prevention-privacy-tools/
virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70473-Vertex-for-Windows-7
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you genuinely surprised that Windows 10 is just WIndows Vista Service Pack 8 but sold to you 5 times for maximum cockbag level?

Because Microsoft. Ever wondered why the setup (boot from media) looks the same like the Basic Aero theme? Because it's based on Windows 7.

Bonus: Check the build of Windows 7 in the setup.exe (boot from media). It's called "Windows Longhorn Preinstall Environment". I'm not fucking kidding. Longhorn was the internal codename for Vista. And they fucking forgot to change it.

MS these days...

Windows has been pasted on top of the old since 98, m8.

This is what I'm talking about.

The annoying part is that could be a strength of the system. It clearly can and will render the Windows 7 UI. Most users prefer the Windows 7 UI. And yet, they insist on "muh metro".

Winblows 10 = Windows 7 + bloatware mobile shit

>themes service disabled on LTSB
What?

Install Debian linux
No minimize, no maximize button, only close
>Just Why?

I want to puke

+ actual USB 3.0 support + proper UEFI support (Windows 7 will stop booting on future systems) + numerous other core feature improvements...

Not on me please

So a driver from the MB manufacturer site and a feature present on SP1 disk. Thanks for confirming my post.

Will do my best.

UMA DELICIA

>the old, usable design
Only felt usable because it was the only one you ever used.
Certain people feel threatened by change.

>Deutsch (Deutschland)

:(

I'm sorry

>So a driver from the MB manufacturer site and a feature present on SP1 disk. Thanks for confirming my post.
Thanks for confirming your stupidity.
Now go educate yourself, "femanon". Because that is utterly wrong.

Não adianta comprar placa de vídeo pra essa carroça.

E5450 tá chegando do aliexpress cagão

Nojo. Atualiza essa merda direito.

That is THE most autistic setup I have ever seen.
Congratulations.

Se fornique aí, paguei 30 reais nele.

dear lord i'd take an autismal anime+dark background minimal riced wm setup over this any day

:(

>gnome
Why

>se orgulhando de ser miserável
Esse Xeon é pior que um i3 da quarta geração.

Meh, eu ainda paguei 30 reais nele.

Parabéns, quer um balão?

Sim.

>Ruble$

how did u manage to get w10 to look worse than it does by default

Olhe no seu cu

autism

this is fine

TACOTACOTACOTACO BURRITO PABON JOEL CARLOS MARTINEZ

link

>bundadoída

that's brazilian portuguese you stupid braindead

Looks the same to me

t.Ruski

Volte pro 55

none of that can't be fixed by an update to windows 7, but of course if they did that they wouldn't be able to sell the following OSs

fucking hell how does one fuck up this badly?

I actually love when I find cruft stuff hidden in Windows.

Is there more? I bet there's Windows 3 stuff hidden around in Win10

gnome isn't that bad when you customize though pic related may make you want to rip your eyes out

There was the thing where if you opened up windows xp sound effects in notepad there was a signature from en0zpeed (deepz0ne) who cracked sony soundforge. So M$ used cracked programs to make the sounds for win xp

Does anyone know the name of the program I can get that neuters all of windows 10 spyware shit?

I just got a new windows 10 computer and am in the process of decraping it atm.

bgr.com/2015/08/14/windows-10-spying-prevention-privacy-tools/

The update is called "Windows 10".

If you mean an update that doesn't include stuff you don't want, feel free to write your own OS.

We aren't as welcoming if you mix spanish and portuguese.
t. Sopa de macaco carioca

Worthless shitskins.

That's an Xfce desktop environment with the Vertex GTK theme and the Windows calculator running in wine.

It's such a fucking lazily made OS. Half the settings are in the new settings app while the stuff they forgot about just opens up in the classic yet superior control panel-style interface

Didn't Brian Eno make those sounds?
Do you ever actually use those buttons? I always just double click the title bar.

My eyes.

>he still hasn't upgraded to linux

Wrong
virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70473-Vertex-for-Windows-7

>server os

Incorrect. It's a universal OS, with various distributions designed for various purposes. There are some such as RHEL/CentOS meant for enterprise server/workstation use, but there are others like Ubuntu or Mint which focus more on the desktop experience.

Meu deus.

And yet here we are, waiting for drivers to catch up to be as good as windows ones were in 2013.

Because Windows 10's theme is just a reskin of 7 with a few added features here and there. I guarantee they literally just wrote a new explorer theme stylesheet and that's basically it as far as the theme goes.

Take a look at AMD and mesa.
The development is actually scary.

You just have to upgrade your kernel and stay on mainline to get 5-15% performance bumps every number release.
AMDGPU now surpasses the radeonsi driver in under one year and continues to grow.

can I puke inside you with my penis

>he doesn't want a server os to serve him
what are you dumb?

Only the first setup music

Guys I'm thinking of grabbing this LTSB meme before the 31st dec deadline.
I can revert to 7 pro, but still have an activated win 10 for future.
I've used 8, 8.1 and 10 and just wanted my own desktop without nagging and the other issues of Windows interference and snooping.
Is LTSB good enough to have that control again?
I don't really want to start a thread on it because it'll take up another slot on the catalog.
I'd appreciate some advice from people who use it.

fpbp

What deadline?

This one, I read about it in another thread from yesterday or something.
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

everyone knew that Win7 was just Vista's SP2 but resold for marketing reasons

no
what I'm surprised at is why they insist on making it worse
windows always got more bloated (drastically so even) compared to the previous release, but from 8 on, it's gotten actively worse rather than just fatter

>Computer illiterate person turns on computer about twice a year, complains about windows updates running "every time it's on"
>"Installing updates, please do not turn off the compu-"
>Pulls out power cord

yup. except for windows 8 all changes were minor. the real problem with the windows 10 UI is that for no good reason there's "settings" and "control panel", which share some functions and have different designs, which is confusing every time.

I'm downloading ltsb from mega

Yeah, apparently there are other ways of getting it. I'm reading about it on another site.
Might leave it though, I have legit win 7 pro licence at the mo and you have to do a fresh install with that LTSB.

>just wanted my own desktop without nagging and the other issues of Windows interference and snooping.
>Is LTSB good enough to have that control again?

No:
>A value of 0 *will send* minimal data to Microsoft.

Cheers mate, I just happened to see something like that screenshot a little while ago.
i can't justify to myself why I need to go through this process when I'm content with 7. but I have a history of trying new OS (not really new, I've used 10 vanilla) out as some form of masochistic fun or something.
... Debating whether to dual boot a Linux Distro too.

How did you get your window decoration so small? How come every theme makes it so fucking yuuge?

wait i run ltsbs alsp, how can i get the 7 theme to stay?

The deadline is only for upgrades to home/pro with a digital license.
For Enterprise and Enterprise LTSB (2015/2016), you either use Kill MySelf, or buy a cheap MAK and convert to digital license by slmgr -ipk (the oem nonslp key, different for 2015 and 2016 and regular enterprise). No deadline.

They're slowing moving away from the control panel. Fewer and fewer things are exclusive to it. I haven't had to open it in years, but some leftovers like deep network and power settings still open outside of the settings "app".

Thanks, I realised that a bit after posting, if down the line i feel like doing a fresh install of windows I'll give it a try.

Will the upgrader tool still work if I keep it laying around after the deadline? I've rolled back to Win7 twice and i'm tempted to try it again.

I don't get it, is it the color? Cause I can change that.

I still want to puke :(

>Large icon taskbar on the right
Who does this?

>Not having small icon taskbar on the bottom, auto-hidden

Back when I used windows, a couple times I saw 10 crash, reboot, and more or less reset to 7 for a bit.
Windows 7 boot sound played every now and then as well. Surprised, since 8 killed boot sounds.

thisd is how w10 should look desu

>Uses the default, non-compact layout with default icons and separators
>Doesn't hide extension icons
>Still has default bookmarks
>Uses menubar
>Doesn't show all tray icons
>Input Language isn't hidden
no

Also
>fluxv3 or gtfo

it's not, actually.
win7 basic is without GPU acceleration

css plz

Just installed 10 pro without a key from an official windows usb installer stick and upgrading with that exe, will post results