What's the best non-Amazon/Kobo ereader?

What's the best non-Amazon/Kobo ereader?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/05/get-ready-world-covered-electronic-paper/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PocketBook_International
pocketbook-int.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nook

Anything that supports koreader and has an sd card is basically all you need

Tolino

It was the Nook, and the Nook is still decent if you root it and install an alternative reader on it. It's still massively shit for PDFs however.

Get this one.

I use a kobo, really happy with it.

At the consumer level, only Amazon and Kobo have decent stuff. The "best" would be the Oasis 2 or the Aura One; each have their pros and cons though.

BOOX

EReader running android

Sony prs were pretty great. I still use my prs505 the most. It's almost as old as the Kindle(1).

how autistic do you have to be to care that much about ereaders? they are rook same, do the same thing and cost the same price

t. retard

none until they drop the fuck out of the price on the bigger models

Fuck them

no such thing

are there any of a decent size (9 inches maybe?) for reading textbooks (in pdf form) that are < $300?

e-Ink is fucked and will be fucked for the foreseeable future because of patent jews

Please elaborate.

too costly

E-Ink holds a lot of patents on the tech. Luckily, they're expiring soon.

wired.com/2016/05/get-ready-world-covered-electronic-paper/

>A lot of this tech has been "18 months away" for so many years now it's hard to imagine it'll ever actually show up. And E Ink, the company, has such a patent moat that it has acted as a monopoly, which Behzadi says has kept prices perhaps too high. But E Ink lost a big patent fight in 2015, and the market could expand soon.

Thank you.

PocketBook maybe.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PocketBook_International
pocketbook-int.com

They ever make a colored e-reader? I'm so surprised no one's tapped into the niche market for comics and pictures and shit.

I use Nook aswell. it's ok. for reading books in EPUB format it's completely satisfying. PDF is pretty rough though and depends on the file, some aren't readable at all.

Why not Kobo?

With the current interface limitations due to slow refreshing, I think the only sensible solution for pdf viewing are the big-screened eink readers like that 13 inch sony thingy and some from Onyx (although those all have low res screens).

When did ereaders get so stupid expensive? What the fuck?

what is the state of electronic "ink" displays? any progress?

What do you mean ?
Ignoring the ridiculously expensive (and big) one from Sony, the most expensive I've seen is 200 USD and that's Kobo's top model.