How do we force the internet back to 1.0?

Let's be honest, the world is botnet. I'm required to botnet up for work, so I will now use the Alphabet combos for everything:
>Gmail
>GDocs
>GCalendar
>McYouTube
etc

The thing is that it's shit. I would die to have all these services and be connected to the botnet buy without using G's webclients. I want minimal and L I G H W E I G H T.
I can make or get wrappers, clients, whatever for any of those services, that don't load so much bullshit (YT vids without the hundreds of scripts, chat, recommendations, etc). I have adblockers, buy I'd rather YT just loaded my fucking video and not everything else.
I don't care if it doesn't have some functinalities. Eg, check my daily emails, but not make an interface for the settings menues and other crap. Why would I? just get on the browser version to change a setting. Keep it simple.

The thing is:
>I want to replace literally every Google app
>I can't do it all by myself
>I want to share all this with everyone
>This should be a centralized effort so people interested on this can get all the 1.0 wrappers from the same project/site, for practical reasons and to expand the project
Could be done with Facebook or any other really.

How feasible, realistic and practical would it be to create a collaborative project with hundreds of people doing different wrappers for every cancer newweb that exists, so it goes back to its roots?

tl;dr:
Replacing The Google, but not really.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=S6bOkFLrsAc
hooktube.com/watch?v=S6bOkFLrsAc,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't.

>user is autistic delusional roleplayer who thinks he can take on multi billion dollar corporations

But I'm not taking them on.
Very few people would actually use this shit, some of them people who didn't even use it before because of all this.

Did you even read the post?
I didn't mean force it back to 1.0 for everyone else in the world, just those few of use interested.

It's not like Google won't be feeding off our info anyways, we'd still be botneted.
I just want a gmail that has no loading screen

The solution is that everything offers a REST API, where you can just make software that interacts with that.

No, but we can use I2P.

Gmail - cock.li
Gdocs - libreoffice
Gcalendar - literally any calendar app
Youtube - ?

The only one that really needs an alternative is Youtube, all the others already have one. I think it would be much more efficient to just work on a video sharing site than an entire software suite for no reason.

YouTube "Alternative": hooktube.com/

>Description from site
Share YouTube videos without giving them views. Bypass country blocks and age restrictions. Download YouTube videos and music. View quarantined videos as they appeared before YouTube Heroes got to them. Keep your data private from the G.

HOW: Just replace the domain in any YT link with hooktube.com and you get a light-weight page that loads YouTube's media files (mp4, webm, etc) directly into your browser's native media player. youtube.com/watch?v=S6bOkFLrsAc becomes hooktube.com/watch?v=S6bOkFLrsAc, etc. Supported parameters: start, end, loop (1 for on), speed (range: 0.01 to 4), autoplay (0 for off, default is 1).

Did you even read my post ffs?
I don't want to use alternatives. I'm talking about using google services with third party applications.

I'm literally required to use a Google account for everything.
I need to use calendar, gmail, G+, Hangouts.
I can't just use the similar replacement services. It needs to be a Google account, all centralized around The Google account.

That is why I talk about "replacing" it all.
I need just a different interface for the same services, all centralized under the same account, with which I can interact with normalfag world without anything changing for them. They'll just add me to calendars like always.

I like hooktube, but I'm talking about recreating the whole google experience, centralized. A collaborative project with everything, not a hundred unrelated apps.
I'd be happy if hooktube joined, but still not the point.

>API
Yes faggot, that's what I'm talking about.

My question is:
Am I the only one that wants to use all the API's to make lightweight versions of every app, but still use a Google account behind it all?
I'm sure this could be done if there is enough interest in the programming community.

>I never BCC anyone in gmail therefore it would be a productive use of my time to write a whole new email client to spare me from the horror of loading the BCC button unnecessarily
In what way are any of the existing Botnet web/Android apps not lightweight enough for you apart from YouTube?

>I just want a gmail that has no loading screen
Set up an email client that refreshes a couple times every hour and it will be ready whenever you open it.

even if you use a non-google email, emailing anyone with a google one will automatically google you.

No one seems to actually read your post hah.

I'm sure you could knock everything that you needed out given a month of working on it. Their APIs are dead simple to work with, and with some time to make the presentation nice and add whatever features you need. Email would probably be the easiest. Youtube you could implement a program to download the video with youtube-dl, play the video, then wipe the video.

As for the community, you probably won't be able to make one. Not enough people would care, and those that did wouldn't have the skills to make them. Assuming it's a community like Sup Forums.

Except I'm talking about the idea of making a collaborative project where hundreds of people code their own and share it with everyone else, just because.

Of course it wouldn't be worth it just for me, I want to share this, but the word is not going to get out unless it's a package with solutions for a lot of things, which is well needed.

Do you even freeware, nigger?

>not lightweight enough for you
Gmail takes seconds to load =)
But I'm talking about wrapping the whole "Google" experience back into 1.0. Just the fucking content. Again, of course it's not worth my time if this isn't shared with everyone else.

Did you read OP? I don't want out of botnet, I want a 1.0 wrapper for botnet, ffs just read

>No one seems to actually read your post hah.
At last, someone with a human attention span

>Not enough people would care
The only sensible answer ITT. No, probably nobody else cares

oh. Just use an old computer with windows ME. There you go, back to olden days.

It's not hard at all to be honest. For most sites, I browse using links2. For sites that require anything other than viewing (eg. playing a video, writing a forum post, etc.), a wrapper is easy to write with python and curl. I already wrote one for youtube, and I'll be writing one for Sup Forums, which will be harder. Another user wrote a wrapper for Sup Forums already though, check the archives.

But as you already mentioned, the project will be only a few of us since most don't care.

You have the make the idea a reality before you expect others to jump to a collaborative effort. Your idea is something that could be acheived already with multiple different programs already available to replace and parse.
You'll have many high ideas but they're just farts. Unless you put the work first, cause frankly your idea sounds like a waste of time and should just accept the ecosystem of the botnet. That or break free; you can, you just don't want to.

Trillian had the right idea. Custom thick clients all the way.

What our programmers do is reduce all social media to their protocols. Then we have unified UIs. Then once all the protocols are commoditized, we swap out their protocols for ours.

The other idea is layered encryption. You still get to use ((their)) shit but all they see is kqneoaivnaeoinvewa in your messages.

That is how you have Internet 1.0. HTML is an anomaly. XML is closer to the original ideal, where everyone visualizes the data in their own way. We shouldn't have to be fucking with accessibility. We shouldn't be cramming window chrome across the wire.

>before you expect others to jump to a collaborative effort.
I just testing the waters about whether you thought others would jump on it if it happened

I'm thinking this could be done with any web service with a decent API, or maybe more with some tricks (like the shitty sites that load an iframe with content, you could load just the iframe).

It would basically rewrite all of the internet in 1.0 by stripping down everything else by hand, site by site.

So the opposite of an adblocker really:
Instead of having a very long list of what to hide, that is shared among all the users, you'd have a list of just what to load.

There's a decent amount of available software that lets you do these things. Some will require you to self-host.

>YouTube without ads and only videos
Hooktube

>gmail without loading screens/be
Host your own rainloop client

>drive
Host your own Seafile or nextcloud

I'm sure there's something for the calendar as well, but I don't use it so you'd have to look.

I bring these up because if you truly want to start from the ground up then you should experiment with these pieces of software and get involved with the community.

Not possible

We don't want an 80s net, what we had in the late 90s early 00s was perfect.

install gentoo

Just get a fucking Chromebook, you delusional freeturd.

you didn't read my post then

This.
This should have happened years ago. It should be fuckin law, man.

This is actually quite interesting. I would opt for a kinda "modular" browser where you can disable certain elements.

But really, everything but YT would be better if it was coded anew and lightweight. Though I don't think something as bloated as Docs could have a more lightweight alternative. That stuff just sucks

>using google docs for company documents
kek
You deserve the inevitable security breach

XML is bad. I agree that the internet should only carry data and not how it should b displayed. But there are saner alternatives to xml.

The point if OP is offering a full suite.
So for OP you will need to wrap every single one of those in a single G-- suite.
OP doesn't want to escape the botnet, he just wants minimal software.