Which is the lighter kernal, linux or BSD?

which is the lighter kernal, linux or BSD?

NT v6.1

TempleOS kernel

Minix

>kernal
suicide is your only option.

fuck i'm sorry

Probably the BSD kernel as the last BSD release was BSD 4.4 in the 90s.

/thread

/thread

/thread

I doubt FreeBSD kernel is any light, they are not particularly known for refactoring their code and coming up with simple solutions. But linux kernal is huge.

Each BSD has its own kernel

Are you that autist user that keeps making GPL vs BSD license threads?
Why every BSD fag is so triggered over linux? You're like that ugly girlfriend that decided to stalk her ex which is now happily married even though she's the one who decided to leave him.
Also don't get me started on every time I go to some free software conference there's a bunch of autistic cosplayers trying to shove a demonic fork on tux because that's literally the only thing BSD fags can do all day instead of writing software to begin with.

The natural elitism of FreeBSD users is Arch squared. They're angry because they've been living on life support from Linux devs the last 20 years. The only "development" left in BSD-land is deleting BSD kernel code and replacing it with barely rewritten stuff straight from Linux.

i'm not lmao, i'm free-software-babby and wanted to axe a question

No need to be sorry, dad taught us not to be ashamed of our typos

l4

They're equal, since they both weigh 0 grams.

>autism

You don't know what it means, so how about you work on your vocabulary instead of misusing words, fucking retard.

/thread

actually this is true, no abstraction, 1 mode, 1 layer, one to rule them all.
Also DOS.

Have there been done any comprehensive comparisons between NT and Linux? I can't find any

>Also don't get me started on every time I go to some free software conference there's a bunch of autistic cosplayers trying to shove a demonic fork on tux because that's literally the only thing BSD fags can do all day instead of writing software to begin with.

Jesus, that was so savage I swear I could find this on lkml mailing list as something linus would write to rip some pajeet a new one.

See, I know this is bullshit because the Linux kernel is so badly written that 99% of it wouldn't even be allowed in FreeBSD on coding standard alone.

Laugh my ass off

This.
Not too mention that there would be no need for a "Linux emulation layer" if that were the case either. End users are just too detached from the underlying code to realize that Linux is the PHP of the OS world: it has a crufty ass api riddled with bugs and security holes, only cares about "performance" tweaks, and is chained down for the sake of """backward compatibility""". Other OSes at least try to improve the design of their shit every once in a while.

>Muh linux emulation
If you guys are so based why don't you make your own software?
Linux is for plebs you guys shouldn't even touch shit compiled for it.

>implying all BSDs adopted that nonsense