The absolute state of Chrome

what is on the pic?

>not wanting to offload CPU functions onto other hardware to free up system resources
i thought hardware acceleration was always a good thing, someone redpill me

>click here to disable disable accelerated 2d canvas

>Being this retarded

Yes goy, let us use your GPU to mine bitcoin on top of your CPU.

Brainlet.

>accuses chromium of being a bitcoin miner
it's installed on LITERALLY MILLIONS OF ENDPOINTS
it's OPEN SOURCE
at what point will your autistic paranoia push you over the edge? tell me so i can mark my calendar.

OpenCL miners?
what if the rendering of a canvas somehow does the same calculations that are required to mine crypto. I'm not accusing chrome of being a crypto miner. I'm merely stating that the GPU can be used as a means to mine more crypto on the users machine. We already have JS miners, it's only a matter of time until the mining is hardware accelerated thru the GPU with this "accelerated 2d canvas".

>all these people talking about what the option does
that's not the point, the point is how confusing it is to tell what the button does
>description: "enables the use of..."
>name: "disable-..."
>button: "disable"
so does the option enable or disable the feature? does the disable button enable the feature, because the feature name suggest it disables the feature? or the does the disable button disable the feature because the description says it enables the feature?

right, that's a fair point.
are you OP? why couldn't you have put that in the original post instead of having us all guess?

>it will enable etc etc

>I would like to disable this
>click

If people still use chrome, one of the worst botnets around, in current year, they sure have different problems

this desu
this board almost as retarded as Sup Forums

redpill me on why to switch. I have too many extensions and bookmarks invested into chrome to even consider it.

the flag says "disable acceleration"
the description says "enable acceleration"

which one does the button correspond to?

Most settings are disabled by default, but some, like this one, are enabled by default. Frogposters should be fucking banned, site-wide.

it should be an enabled "enable" button
i really hate when software mixes up enable and disable options

It's a "disable" button because it's already enabled. Click on any "enable" button and it will turn into a "disable" button.

>enabled the "#disable-acceleration"
>so it's disabled now?
>but the button says "enabled"
>but it's a "#disable" flag, so you enable the disablement
>but the description says it "enables acceleration", so it's actually enabled, when it's enabled, and not vice versa
>but it's a hidden option, inside a page that controls flags, so you enable or disable a flag, so it's actually disabled, when it's enabled

>Click on any "enable" button and it will turn into a "disable" button.
so the option is enabled?
which means the feature is disabled, right?
after all, enabling "disable-accelerated-2d-canvas" would mean the accelerated 2d canvas would be disabled by this option, no?

are there any miners which are capable of doing this?

asking for a friend

>so the option is enabled?
Yes.
>which means the feature is disabled, right?
No, it means the feature that is in the description is enabled.
>after all, enabling "disable-accelerated-2d-canvas"
There's no enable button here. Passing "disable-accelerated-2d-canvas" as a command line argument would do the same thing as pressing the disable button. "disable-accelerated-2d-canvas" corresponds to the button, not to the feature, this entire page is an incomplete list of command line arguments for chrome.

>Passing "disable-accelerated-2d-canvas" as a command line argument would do the same thing as pressing the disable button
citation needed

seems that browsers cant into hardware acceleration so most of it is disabled by default. there are bugs that will probably never be fixed.

Yeah, chrome://flags is a fucking shit show now. I honestly don't know what the devs were smoking when they redesigned it. I mean, for fuck's sake, it's not even immediately clear what the current value (disabled or enabled) is. They really need someone to redo the page, and potentially redo the flags.

Some suggestions:
* "In use" and "not in use" instead of "disable" and "enable", respectively.
* Remove the word disable or enable from the flags themselves. Even if the flags are supposed to resemble command line option switches, it just makes more sense to not use those words.

it enables the 2d acceleration disabling feature.

you can also go to about:gpu to check if the accelerations are enabled or not. yes about:gpu works on chrome/chromium and i use it because its easier to type than chrome:// and about:support should work on firefox and its forks.

So can your CPU

>cant into double negatives
Your school didn't teach you basic math?

You have three layers of bool, m8.

Schrödinger's Flag

I hate that shit.