still not fixed

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/ahodesuka
build.opensuse.org/package/show/mozilla:Factory/MozillaFirefox
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see anything wrong.

dunno, you guys seem pretty retarded

Grab ur dick and fix urself lol.

That's a power(and problem) of opensource. You can always add everything what you want, just program it!

Just use another file picker.

It's like going to a Greek restaurant and complaining that they don't serve Japanese food.

It isn't hard to install dolphin.

An user already fixed it, but it wasn't accepted as a fix.
So you need to go through all the headache of patching, compiling and shit just because the devs are lazy to implement it properly.

Alternatively, you can just use KDE and get rid of GTKshit.

>years later
>still posting this thread without the link to the bug report so we can all pester the GNOME devs
Fuck off

>Alternatively, you can just use KDE and get rid of GTKshit.
This. KDE simply offers the best features and actually cares about user experience. On XFCE now and I like it quite a bit but when I'm upgrading my rig I'll definitely switch for KDE. Only thing that sucks is how the default installers all seem bloated as fuck, so you pretty much have to start from a minimal install.

You can use Neon or Manjaro, both are great options.

looks like OP can't into thumbnails

How do I do this? :(

use tumbler and ffmpegthumbnailer

but i want bigger thumbnails like you see on windows and macOS

How do I do this, though? I know KDE has KDialog but Firefox still keeps on using the GTK file picker. Vivaldi, on the other hand, is fine with using KDialog for the file picker.

looks like he also can't into scroll wheels

then install Windows? nobody is forcing you to use some distro

>So you need to go through all the headache of patching, compiling and shit just because the devs are lazy to implement it properly.

If you were using Gentoo you could automate that and would only need to edit the patch if it didn't apply cleanly to newer versions.

Stop using shitty package managers that can't use patches imo.

>have to click the picture to see anything
The absolute state of GTK.

They went the Poettering way regarding that.

>NOTABUG
>WONTFIX

1. stop naming all your files automatically, it makes it harder for you to find it, even if you had a good file dialog.
2. Use the kde file dialog, it is better.
3. No, I don't mean the Qt one, it sucks as well. can't even filter files properly.

>windows 10 partition
Get the fuck out normalfag
You too

2 isn't really an option if you're using Firefox.

But, how do I, without installing the whole subsystem underneath such file pickers?

>linux Filepicker.png
>what is the Linux kernel
>what is the Gnome desktop environment

>automate
>edit the patch if it didn't apply cleanly to newer versions
implying the patch won't break every other version. lmao kys triptard

Use a decent browser.

Firefox seems to be the only one that's able to do hardware decoding out of the box. I'm on a weak laptop and I need it for binging youtube videos.

the one thing which really annoys me about linux which windows does really well is remember where you last saved images too in your browser, linux mint actually does a good job with thumbnails so does xubuntu but when i save images from firefox on both of these distros i have to go searching through directories to get to my Sup Forums folder whereas on windows it remembers i used that last. Probably the one thing i hate about linux it's pretty inconvenient

>moving the goalpost

>wasting ram

The absolute state of Sup Forums kiddies

t. reddit

>using the file picker when it's more comfy to drag and drop from file manager/picture viewer

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

You can change the size. I don't really understand what you retardos are complaining about. Just because you, personally, are too retarded, doesn't mean it's not there.

It actually doesn't. It'll only break if gnome devs fuck up the UI too much which hasn't really happened since gtk 3.10. It breaks on GTK4, but that is nowhere near ready yet nor does anything use it.

Show us then. Make previews in the list as big as on the right.

I don't even use linux.

> "B-but I want like in macOS!"
The reason why they hate us macfags.

They should scale with the font size. Just set it to something very high and you get to see the thumbnails

I'm still waiting for the screenshots.

>An user already fixed it, but it wasn't accepted as a fix.
And never will, GTK2 was deemed legacy and no new features will ever be introduced to it.

So this is the power of opensores?

I repeated it many times and will repeat it once more.

GTK developers are full of cocks but they have a point on this issue.
This is a problem for a very small subgroup of already small group of users of GNU/Linux ie. imageboard obsessed manchildren.
Think about it for a second.
Not a single fucking group of people on this planet besides imageboard users has a huge collection of cryptically named pictures all dumped in a single directory that's used on a daily basis and uploaded one by one on a whim.

here bub have an opensore fix
gist.github.com/ahodesuka

For them (gnome, a project aspiring to be cool, inclusive, and trendy) introducing such feature would be a PR disaster because it's basically saying "we want the Sup Forumseddit audience" to the entire world and we all know that Sup Forumseddit is the complete anthitesis of values that Gnome stands for.

>Think about it for a second.
Yeah, I'm thinking of all the new people who would migrate to Linux and be confused about the file picker not showing thumbnails while the Windows that they're used to could do it just fine.

Although Sup Forums users would be among the primary users of a feature, it's useful anytime you are working with multiple images. Filenames from a camera, for instance, are far from descriptive.

Big previews are simply a usability improvement. Windows had them since 2000. They could have implemented different views for the file picker(tile view, list, table), again, like Windows does, and allow big previews in the tile view. No need to bring your politics here, they're simply dumb fucks, I doubt they even use their own software.

>we all know that Sup Forumseddit is the complete anthitesis of values that Gnome stands for.
yeah, who the fuck do these cucks think they are, making anything other than logos for their project?

>Yeah, I'm thinking of all the new people who would migrate to Linux and be confused about the file picker not showing thumbnails while the Windows that they're used to could do it just fine.
oh yeah because a person who calls their monitor "the computer" and has only used Windows for their entire lifespan would totally be concerned about the fucking filepicker rather than the fact that Gnome is as unorthodox when it comes to desktop paradigm as it's only humanely possible with the current HID devices most of us have on our desks.

Jesus Christ you people truly will find the most obscure reasons to justify your decisions.
Get your priorities right.

No doubt about it. Like I said I don't deny gnome devs refusing to pull their heads out of their asses. I just pointed out that in the grand scheme of things It's a niche feature and probably one that not many people noticed that's its just not there. People on this board know about it purely because it's been memed to fucking death. This picture has been circling around this board for at least 5-6 years.

That is actually pretty nice

>Jesus Christ you people truly will find the most obscure reasons to justify your decisions.
Get your priorities right.
What decisions? This is an objective improvement to usability. Your only argument is "people r stoopid". Please, shut up unless you have a good reason why such a simple functionality shouldn't be implemented.

Every single time there's this retard.

Did you fail reading comprehension classes in elementary school by any chance?
I never said this is not a useful feature to have. Quite the contrary. I'm in the tiny group that would benefit from it the most.

>Your only argument is "people r stoopid".
not at all. But you still pretended like it's such a huge dealbraker compared to literally every decision made by the gnome developers. It's not.

>Please, shut up unless you have a good reason why such a simple functionality shouldn't be implemented.
Refer to the first part of this post

Looks like I was wrong, kek
This shit wont scale at all

works for me

That's not the default dialog tho

He also fixed it in GTK3, but they won't accept it there either.

I've been using the patch for about 6 months now with GTK2 and 3. It's updated fairly frequently. Has never broken anything.

>He also fixed it in GTK3, but they won't accept it there either.
what is the reasoning? potential hang ups in folders with thousands of images?

It is though.
build.opensuse.org/package/show/mozilla:Factory/MozillaFirefox

My sentiments exactly. Teen-aged meme posters using Firefox on Linux, using Gnome, are such a retardly small sub-set of people, why the fuck should Gnome developers care?

>potential hang ups in folders with thousands of images?
Yes. The hang up isn't that bad. I've tested it before.