/monitors/ general

Post your questions and answers here.

Featured monitor for the day:
Lenovo P27H 27"
2560 x 1440 IPS
USB-C, DP 1.2, HDMI 1.4

youtu.be/VfzR89ABNZg

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/office/X1-27-inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/60E2GAT1UK
amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2401-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRR50/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc
amazon.com/gp/product/B00QS0AKVK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025390
geizhals.de/philips-e-line-276e8fjab-a1609981.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
amazon.com/dp/B071P6KQZH
amazon.com/dp/B01F80FSKS
amazon.com/dp/B01E18XRY2
digitaltrends.com/computing/hp-z-displays-updated-curved-panel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does a glossy 1080p 144hz 27" monitor exist?

I'm planning on picking up a 27" 4K IPS Monitor and was thinking of picking up the ThinkVision X1:

www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/office/X1-27-inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/60E2GAT1UK

My first concern is that it seems to use a lot of power at 110W, whereas similarly priced 4K IPS Monitors like the LG 27UD69-W tend to use only 30-40W. Is there something I'm missing? Like, could I prevent that power being used if I turned off the soundbar and webcam?

Also, I plan on using this for productivity, specifically artistic programs like Photoshop, 3DCoat and Blender. I'm told lower end IPS 4K Monitors have a lot of backlight bleed which is very bad for that kind of productivity, and that I should be aiming for a Dell Ultrasharp at minimum, but the U2718Q costs me $150 USD more than the X1 would and I noticed some people on Amazon are disappointed with the image quality.

Any tips?

Yes.

whats the point of non ultrawide curved monitors?

will i notice a difference while gaymin on a 24" display if its curved or not?

>27" 4K
Get bigger.
I was shopping for one and by the balls I'm so happy ones I got had dead pixels and I returned them and got a 32" instead.

Check out U3277pwqu
>500$ ballpark
>92% Adobe RGB
>3000:1 contrast

Is 1080p 27" really that bad?

Yes.
I had 1080p 24" and that was already bad
27" will suck massive balls

>+350 dollaroos for a monitor

I could get 2 laptops for the price of this monitor, and have money left over for weeks lunch, m8.

recently purchased a 32" lg monitor regular 1080p with splitscreen and only had it for about a month and now wont show any picture but still turns on. i have all my hdmiss hooked up to a powered 4in 2 out switch and feel like maybe that fried the input. anybody know if this is plausible or an easy/cheap fix?

I need IPS because my viewing angles fluctuate a bit and as I said, I'm doing a lot of artistic productivity, so color consistency is important.

Gaming is not a priority for me.

ive been using a 100$ 21.5 inch philips screen for the past 5 years, never really felt it to be not enough.

Why should I buy a bigger and more expensive screen? give me some reasons anons

Portrait mode monitors. What's a good monitor that
doesn't look like shit in portrait mode?

Sub $300 US.

I'm using it for digital art.
The viewing angles aren't perfect but they are still good.
I did compare it to HP Z27 in the store and it looked nearly identical.
That's not a gaming monitor I'm talking about.

It depends on what you do, turd.

If you're into competitive gaming, a monitor with a high refresh rate will improve your gaming performance.

If you want more resolution to fit more stuff on the screen, you get a 1440p/4K monitor.

If you don't star at your screen straight on 100% of the time, an IPS monitor removes color distortion.

Well again, viewing angles are definitely a bit all over the place for me. Also, I don't think AOC has a good eyecare score; I think that's the main reason they're cheaper compared to ASUS/BenQ/LG/etc.

Monitor affects your quality of life the most.

>ThinkVision X1

I don't know about Thinkvision X1, but I can really recommend the LG 27UD69.
I tried 3 different 27-inchers before settling on him. It's marketed as gaming monitor, but it's actually very acurate, comes with calibration sheet and the QA seems to be good too.

The only problem is that the panel used has slight image retention, but you really have to look for it to notice it.

Size you need depends how close you sit to it.

Thinking of getting the x-star dp2750qhd, any good? Casual gaming and media consumption are the main uses

programming/media consumption/Sup Forums/a few games of LoL a week

the only thing that has been bothering me is sometimes when I need to work with multiple windows alt tabbing becomes a hassle - would you recommend getting a 4k monitor for that?

1440p or 144Hz?
I don't really play a lot of games though.

At 27" I'd probably stick with 1440p for usability reasons, something like a U2717D could do if you don't need all that extra resolution for something specific. Move up to 32" like the other guy said or move down a notch in resolution.
Besides the better backlighting situation on ultrasharps and the like, you also get the best antiglare on the market and factory panel measurements in the box.

Samsung C27FG70FQU owner here

will exchange with Samsung C27HG70 tommorow

Why computer monitors are so expensive compared to TV's?

sub $400 monitors for programming and DotA?(I'm playing on a MemePad x220, so take it easy)

because tv's are desired by all homes

computer monitors not so much in the age of tablets and laptops

Anyone had experience with the Lenovo L24Q-10? is it good for its price?

>curving something as small as 27"
y tho

Did I fuck up? 1700/290x here, and I paid £212.

I'm thinking of getting the Dell U2518D.
>1440p
Seems like a good middle ground for screen real estate and gaming performance.
>60hz
Been using 60hz and don't really play FPS games that competitively to feel like I should go the high refresh route.
>IPS
I prefer good image quality and color reproduction over high refresh rate and very low latency / input lag, but I don't do that much color critical work (at the moment, things might change). I do play around with Photoshop from time to time and will probably do web designing for school and perhaps for work someday.

One user had this monitor and had good things to say, I'd like to know if anyone else has something to say about it - QC, panel quality, backlight bleed, IPS glow, etc.

>U2518D
Sadly most people still consider the older U2515H to be superior.

Yeah, U2515H was my goto choice but it's not very available domestically anymore and I want to buy domestic instead of abroad for an easier time in shit goes wrong situations. U2518D seems like the same shit with some minor changes, and I think the panel might be a bit different?

There is also the PB258Q and the MX25AQ

Planning on getting this, what does Sup Forums think?
amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2401-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRR50/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc

If it's a TN panel

amazon.com/gp/product/B00QS0AKVK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought this in December of 2016. A year later, I'm having with the purchase.

Benq bl2711u for $330 (including tax) Y/N?
And do Novidea cards even support 10-bit?

uses the same panel as the U2515H and the PB258Q, and maybe even the same as the MX25AQ

only downside is Acer quality control isn't great, and the panel isn't calibrated to nearly the same extent as it would be from Dell.

good price, not a fan of 4k at that screen size though

And yeah, both AMD and Nvidia cards support 10-bit panels, though windows has garbage support for 10-bit colors, so generally you only use 10-bit when working on specific colour accurate applications (like photoshop or similar)

ayyy IPS ma nigga

>made by a decent company
>ips
> >1080p, 4k preferred
>16:10 highly saught after
> >=27"
>144hz
> vesa mount compatible
> >=2 hdmi
> >=2 displayport in
>display port daisy chaining capable

Is the UP3216Q a good buy? I don't really the 99.5% aRGB but I live in huehueland and that's the only 32" 4K IPS I can buy here that I'm aware of.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between OP's lenovo monitor and the lenovo l27q? They look almost identical spec wise but the latter is cheaper.

Help a brainlet out anons.

The monitor in OP has a better stand (more degrees of movement), as well as having USB type-C

Novidea doesn't support 10 bit opengl on gayforce cards though, so no adobe anything in 10 bit. I would prefer 4K 32" but those are more expensive

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025390

How bad is that for gayyyming?

For casual gaming you'd be fine, for competitive FPS probably not.

Pls respond

About to buy AOC Agon AG271QG 27" QHD. I'll use it for schoolwork and casual singleplayer gaming. Are there better monitors available for around 665€?

ok since this is the thread for it now is this a good buy? or am i better off getting something else

please nothing under 27 inches or 1440p and nothing tn

forgot image

that's your best bet for the $ at the moment. Cross your fingers on QC. Backlight bleed as well as some uneven backlight levels aren't uncommon.
Also, probably not gonna be calibrated all that well for color accuracy. And some complaints that the freesync capability stopped working after awhile, though that's fairly uncommon.

>tn panel

you fucked up really bad.

Are there any 144hz Gsync monitors without QC problems?

How bad of an idea would be this monitor for general use/programming and light gaming (playing basically hots or stellaris on my pc, so nothing very demanding really)
geizhals.de/philips-e-line-276e8fjab-a1609981.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
only thing I do not like at all is the fact that I can't change the height. And what does 6 bit color + frc mean? is it shit?

is there any disadvantage to getting an IPS screen? should i even bother if I only consume media/program?

>he doesn't know that there are no 1080p/144hz/Freesync/IPS panels

Disadvantages are somewhat lacking contrast ratio when compared to VA panels (1000:1 for IPS, ~1500:1 for VA). The other disadvantage is IPS glow and potential backlight bleed depending on the quality control of the manufacturer.

when is eink having their stranglehold loosened so I can get a good eink or similar monitor to code on?

they will make an eink monitor when they have made a colored version

colors are possible now though

and how many do you need

4 colors would be a fine start for coding

well i meant a full spectrum of colors

already got monitor for gaming i want something for movies now
has to be big like 30" or more, good colors so good panel and high resolution (4k probably)
what would cheapest be monitor, TV or projector?

I have this monitor, it's great for gaymen and has a decent picture if you fuck around with the settings. Out of the box it looks like shit but it can look really nice if you don't mind tweaking for a bit.

>4k
>projector
Well this is the current budget option for that

amazon.com/dp/B071P6KQZH

~$2000
Not including the price of a projection surface, which for 4k i'd recommend either high quality paint on a flat surface you've primed properly. OR a decent quality projection screen.

Projector is by far the best option for versatility.

For monitors you're looking at the dell p4317q, at around $750

amazon.com/dp/B01F80FSKS

Or potentially the Philips BDM4350UC at $600

amazon.com/dp/B01E18XRY2

Any options cheaper than this aren't real monitors (they're TVs) and generally have shitty B-grade or worse panels.

Got a new monitor (Acer) and after about 5 hours it went blank, still turned on just not showing an image - tried with an HDMI/DVI/DP cable, nothing - is it most likely the backlight thats screwed?

Post an IPS/1080/144/Freesync monitor then. The closest thing coming to mind is that weird QLED one, and that's curved.

whats the best 240hz monitor?

What do you think of LG's upcoming Nano-IPS monitors? I think they'll be disappointing.

Doesn't 1080p scale much better with 4K than 1440p?

How long will it be until I can get a 144hz, 1440p, g-sync, 27", HDR panel for ~$500?

hp refreshed their z23 and z27 line of IPS higher tier monitors.

competition against Dell UltraSharp line

I am planning on picking z27n G2 once they start getting reviews somewhere or when I finally can see them for myself.

muh ppi on full hd lul

curved screens do actually make a small improvement regarding aliasing

>z23
z24 I meant, they are 16:10

digitaltrends.com/computing/hp-z-displays-updated-curved-panel/

Are Samsung QLED Monitors worth it over IPS? Even if they're still TN panels?

Is Sup Forums abandoning dual monitor setups for 2018?

no one who had dual monitor for at least 2 months will ever abandon it

they're va and and va is a compromise between tn and ips

widespread UHD@120Hz when?
I have pic related and am extremely happy with it other than being stuck at 60 Hz.

I wish there was a 144hz 1440p monitor with HDR support

I went from 21.5" 1080p to 27" 4K. I have more screen estate, and text looks sharper. Works really well with a tiling wm.

faggot, it's called scaling. Quit recommending your pixelated bullshit.

How big of a performance difference is there between gaming at 60hz and 144hz? For instance, if I could run a game at 100fps at 60hz, how many fps could I theoretically run at 144hz?

who the fuck cares about HDR
120hz IPS widespread... all I want

what, theres no difference you will still run the game at 100fps with a 144hz monitor its just that you will see an actual difference with the 144hz monitor

I'm about to buy a Philips BDM3270QP2. 32" 2k monitor for my work laptop to use when i'm at home. I have a Philips 43" 4k and I like it pretty good, there 32" c-can't be that bad right?.

>gets ultrasharp from dell
>1080p native reso
>plug in with MBP and the font is shit like fuck
>try to set it to hidpi / retina
>lowers to 720p instead
>losing all the real estate
what the fuck? an ultrasharp monitor can't do hidpi on it's native reso? why the fuck did i buy this monitor then? seems like dell doesn't sell this monitor anymore too. should i sell mine before it's worthless?

when you run a game at 100fps on a 60hz capable monitor, you see 60 frames a second. when you do it on a 144hz monitor, you see 100 frames a second and you're able to see up to 144fps

Bought a Samsung curved monitor (C27HG70) just before Christmas.

It working fine but I have this dirty sparkling effect happening on bright colors. Makes the screen look like it's not clean. Anyone else have this bloody monitor and noticed the same issue? I'm assuming it's just a heavier anti-glare coating than what I'm used to; or maybe it's because of the QLED meme tech?

I should have played the IPS panel lottery instead.

are you on the latest firmware? i'm currently using the last gen model with 1080p and no hdr basically.

setting the contrast from 75 to 50 helped me with too much peak brightness on bright colors

i can talk with you in 2 days about this issue again

neat

Considering pic as I want
>IPS
>27"
>1440p
>Rotatable stand
I don't play CS:GO or anything like that competitively but still want something nice to fuck around with after work - is this wasted on my Ryzen 1700 & 6GB 1060 or is there a G-sync/120Hz with the same features I want for work?

Yes, latest firmware. I've played on with all of the settings and nothing gets rid of my issue.

Pic related is one color where I see a dirty effect more clearly.

I got a ViewSonic 4:3 for £5
Good deal

i think the problem gets reproduced on my monitor as well..

i already checked prior that my monitor has a wierd lightning homogenity and has like 400 different spots where the colors seem a bit shifted. this might be a general problem with the current quantum dot development on samsungs behalf

Thank you for checking for me. I feel like I'm being OCD about it but it is fairly annoying. I sit quite close too so I suppose the effect is more pronounced.

Mean for

Perfect just what I need it for. Thanks mayne