Ignoring price, what is the best phone?

ignoring price, what is the best phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

kenrockwell.com/apple/lightning-adapter-audio-quality.htm
kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6s-plus-audio-quality.htm
kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5s-audio-quality.htm
youtu.be/5BiRYPs8NJ4
google.co.uk/diversity/at-google.html
metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/google-maps-celebrates-lgbtq-pride-in-london-parade-2017-with-a-rainbow-road-6764142/amp/
blog.google/topics/diversity/pride-2017-show-love-show-progress-showup/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uem7QFp0uKY
landing.google.com/intl/en/pride/
usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/06/23/google-pride-parade-virtual-reality-cardboard-youtube-360/86313152/
amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2015/07/28/google-equality-act-lgbt
amp.ft.com/content/36b0fcc8-91f7-11e6-a72e-b428cb934b78
adweek.com/creativity/google-telling-more-transgender-stories-critical-time-lgbt-rights-174682/amp/
thinkwithgoogle.com/consumer-insights/lgbt-advertising-brands-taking-stance-on-issues/amp/
searchengineland.com/google-shows-support-gay-pride-month-2016-rainbow-ribbon-lgbt-searches-251010/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If we go on hardware terms
>most colour accurate screen
>best camera
>best design
>fastest processor and GPU combo
>most advanced Face-recognition and AR technology
>premium feel
>near perfect DAC
Then we get the iPhone X

In terms of best software experience, probably the Note 8 or the Oneplus 5T.

Ecosystem is subjective but Apple devices still interlink better than Android/Google devices.

so ignore the biggest difference?

The one that suit your needs better

>iPhone X
>best camera
>best design
>premium feel
>near perfect DAC
lol

best software experience
>note 8
LOL
neck urself

>confirmed for never holding, listening to, or reading a review of the device or DAC

AIEK M5

>most colour accurate screen
Iphone X
>best camera
Pixel 2
>best design
Essential Phone
>fastest processor and GPU combo
Onepuls 5T?
>most advanced Face-recognition and AR technology
Iphone X
>premium feel
Essential Phone
>near perfect DAC
LG V30
>best software experience
debatable, but probably Pixel 2

And yet there is no P2 port. And I doubt it's near as good as the HTC 10/ LG V30 one.

>most color accurate screen
A meme, the only difference is that it comes calibrated better, and with a notch as extra.

>iPhone
What are you, gay?

I literally made a balanced post based on hardware, software and ecosystem.
I did not at any point mention battery life.
It is also not surprising that devices with bigger batteries last longer.

I’m sorry that your fanboyism doesn’t allow you to be objective.

kenrockwell.com/apple/lightning-adapter-audio-quality.htm

kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6s-plus-audio-quality.htm

kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5s-audio-quality.htm

Say what you will about the user interface or ecosystem, but Apple know what they’re doing with audio. The science proves it.

It's bot even fanboyism at this point. Do you even know who the CEO of apple even is?

Considering I am talking about device features rather than the sexuality of human beings, then yes it is fanboyism.

The sexuality of a CEO is irrelevant to the devices themselves. Even if we do consider this, these companies are full of people virtue signalling for minorities. Google have dedicated walks at every pride parade, they’ve flown the flags and changed their logo to rainbow. They’ve made the donations etc. Just the same as Apple or almost any other multinational.

If you base your decisions on the sexuality of others, I urge you to reevaluate your priorities, and also be objective about all, not standing against something because you disagree with the views or personalities of related persons.

Nice

How about reading the rest of that about page?

What he means is that his opinions etc mainly to do with photography are just that, his opinion and his imagination. It does not mean that the measurements he makes with his expensive equipment are fictitious. Good job taking it out of context though.

If we're going by a sorted metric of importance:
>first party update support
>removable SD card
>main camera
>dedicated 3.5mm jack
>removable battery
>USB-C

The last phone that fulfilled these requirements was Microsoft's Lumia 950XL (the last phone they ever made)

The absolute STATE of the industry

Not gonna read your blogpost but just gonna say this: lookup the gay agenda.

>near perfect dac
>no fucking headphone jack

I think you want an LG V20 boyo.

Trade update support with insane quality DAC and a second screen meme and you get a v20. So there is a runner up.

>I’m not going to read your solid refutation because it makes me look stupid.

Plenty of android flagships that work if you remove the first party requirement. Given the nature of the OS, you don't want "first party" anyways, they just take the base OS and add bloatware.

When I say "first party", I mean directly from Google.
Having to wait until the manufacturer AND the carrier put in their stupid bullshit is exactly what I don't want.

the differences between flagships are extremely marginal and the few differences that aren't are gimmicks like face unlocking

hell, if you don't play computationally intensive video games on your phone and are a man with less than stellar color vision (ie: most men) half the differences might as well not even exist

iphone babbies will rant about their minor wins but ignore major flaws that hurt a phone's long term practicality, like chaining you to itunes for file management, difficult to replace batteries, and a lack of expandable storage
>ITS 2017 JUST USE THE CLOUD MY MASTERS SAID YOU SHOULD
your data connection: *cuts out*

youtu.be/5BiRYPs8NJ4

>ever being more than 50 feet away from a starbucks
>not owning the latest macbook
>not just leasing a new phone every year

apple
you're doin it wrong

>blogpost
>refutation
okay reddit

>difficult to replace batteries, and a lack of expandable storage
So almost every Android flagship?
>>ITS 2017 JUST USE THE CLOUD MY MASTERS SAID YOU SHOULD
What was it in the Pixel 2 ads?
You’ll never run out of storage for photos and videos? Wanna know why?
Because it’s compressed and synced to the cloud. So not an argument.

Oh so I should start linking you to all the “gay” stuff Google does, so that you stop buying phones that run Android and support Google initiatives?
Because I’d be happy to :)

*blogposting intensifies*

>So almost every android flagship
Sadly. Old phone still have stellar third party support though.
>Because it’s compressed and synced to the cloud. So not an argument.
Tell me more about how you get unlimited data for free and are followed around by a wizard who bends space and time to ensure you always have a good signal. Tell me more about how you can trust the owner of that remote computer you call the cloud to never touch or even look at your data.

Google isn't innocent here either. It's the state of the industry. Fuck the customer. Be our slave. Here's your leash and collar, it looks good on you. All the cool kids are doing it. It's the current year, new = progress = better. etc.

>inb4 nothing to hide fags over that trust comment
When the Jewnited states makes repairing laptops illegal and my thinkpad schematics disappear, what then? I guess I was doing something wrong since lobbyists said it should be illegal and I deserved what happened to me. Or what if the United States of Trumpistan declares islamic literature illegal, and only "nice doctrine" chrsitianity and neo-judaism are American? I'm going to jail for being a more moral person than you, because I kept my quran on the cloud.

google.co.uk/diversity/at-google.html
metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/google-maps-celebrates-lgbtq-pride-in-london-parade-2017-with-a-rainbow-road-6764142/amp/
blog.google/topics/diversity/pride-2017-show-love-show-progress-showup/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uem7QFp0uKY
landing.google.com/intl/en/pride/
usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/06/23/google-pride-parade-virtual-reality-cardboard-youtube-360/86313152/
amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2015/07/28/google-equality-act-lgbt
amp.ft.com/content/36b0fcc8-91f7-11e6-a72e-b428cb934b78
adweek.com/creativity/google-telling-more-transgender-stories-critical-time-lgbt-rights-174682/amp/
thinkwithgoogle.com/consumer-insights/lgbt-advertising-brands-taking-stance-on-issues/amp/
searchengineland.com/google-shows-support-gay-pride-month-2016-rainbow-ribbon-lgbt-searches-251010/amp

Oh my god what a homo fiasco better stop using Android otherwise YOURE GAY

kek

>Google isn't innocent here either. It's the state of the industry.
But you only launched an attack on Apple.

Once again the fanboyism is strong.
Why can’t you idiots be objective for 5 fucking seconds?

Have fun having it slow down till it's unusable

Because the first post in the thread was an apple fanboy and I assume everyone here already knows that google is satan, while Sup Forums is still chock full of shills calling apple "based" because they swear they don't do some evil thing google does?

>ignoring price
Note 8 and iPhone 8 plus.

BlackBerry Passport

>Because the first post in the thread was an apple fanboy
In my opinion it was quite balanced, superior hardware on the iPhone side, superior software on the Google side, and your choice of ecosystem. Not really seeing the bias there.
>I assume everyone here already knows that google is satan
Then why the constant Android recommendations? Surely we should recommend something else?
>Sup Forums is still chock full of shills calling apple "based" because they swear they don't do some evil thing google does?
Sup Forums has about 2 shills and 50 trolls.
Also don’t forget Sergei the Samsung shill who got doxxed. Again, issues on both sides.

No one in their right mind would use a phone for spreadsheets. This infuriates me.

This picture is pretty misleading

Yeah, it's an utterly retarded thing to market towards. A more realistic use case would be word processing.

>enter text
>75% of the screen is now your keyboard

the iphone x is objectively the best phone, ignoring price

the s8 is the best value for money

>objectively
>loses to $500 chinkshit

>Best camera
Xperia a1 ultra

stop joking around

the oneplus 5t is great value for money but gets destroyed by the iphone x

>Joking
Kek next year when apple decides to slow down the iPhone x I wonder if you'll still be saying that

>ignoring price
Neck yourself, price is a defining feature.

99% of sheeple buying +$200 phones are retards that will never utilize the hardware in it anyway.

>best screen
who cares
>best camera
lol cameras have been fine since 2014
>best design
subjective
>best processor
who cares its a phone

whats the point of purchasing a $1000 device that spends most of its time in your pocket?

joking aside, the iphone X destroys the oneplus 5t on several levels.

the oneplus 5t is great value but it is just a barebones phone and falls brhind the X.

It is lacking some features in comparison but I'd say the same about iPhone x.
Neither are bad but one is still a bit better at one thing than the other.

This is fair. I actually like blackberries and my old blackberry curve was my all time favourite phone. I can't think of many situations where I would be editing spreadsheets on my phone though, if anything I might be just recording data to later be put into a spreadsheet, but thats about it.

No dac on the x until it drives that tic tac of a driver.

Ur weird user. It's like praising it for having a luxurious set of screws on a plastic shit box.

>tfw have four phones none of which are produced or sold anymore, no spare parts available anymore and have to throw three of them away. Galaxy S5 still works though.

Okay a better question: is the iPhone X worth 2X the price of a 5T?

Note 8