How would you detect if a game you're playing is mining bitcoin as a side task?

How would you detect if a game you're playing is mining bitcoin as a side task?

Your cpu usage shouldn't be 100% playing a game that looks like it was from a last gen console.

You would probably be able to detect certain services running and taking up resources. You'd probably also be able to detect the internet connection that would try to send those crypto coins to its affiliated servers

It's the same way that people were able to detect that there was a bit coin miner in a pirated copy of watch dogs

>whole games now amount to TF2 idle servers mining bitcoins on the backend
>people will play it because fat girls are trending right now

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own CPU?

ha what a great game to do that with

>CPU for mining
What?
What do you mean services? It'd going to be part of the game source code, triggered by events.
Also, how would you decide if the packets you're sending to the official servers are hashes?

Not true, they could simply encapsulate the traffic and forward the connection from their game server to the mining server. The only way to see this would be dpi and they could thwart that by not allowing connections that don't come from specific certificates.

>how would you decide if the packets you're sending to the official servers are hashes?
Packet sniffer

And when devs say they encrypt uploaded data for user safety?

i'd rather have a bitcoin miner than a RAT or ransomware desu

>mining buttcoin on desktop hardware
lolwut

>game mines while your on main menu or waiting in que
>artificially extend ques as long as possible but not long enough to have abandonment.

ezpz

The idea behind this post is that there must be a reason PUBG runs so badly on any hardware you'd like to mention on the graphics it offers.

Extract data out of client before it gets encrypted

You will make memory dump after memory dump?

Most shitty always online games have probably less than 10hz tickrate up, if you manage to get to them, it shouldn't be that hard to look for hashes.

so are u saying pubg is mining bitcoins? They cant be that greedy? i mean they made milions of sales, they sold like 30mil copies or some retarded shit

>cpu for mining
Yeah uhhhhhnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh monero?

Why do you think it runs like shit and it's packed with chinese players?

Make it ETH and multiply by millions of chinks playing these games on at least a GTX1060 and you get a better picture

>playing videogames
You honestly deserve this.

There are no good games made past 2008 so I have nothing to worry about

>Lootboxes
>DLC
>DRM to people that pays but no DRM for people that pirates
>and now the game itself is semi malware and mine for bitcoins
We are getting to new level of greediness Jesus fucking Christ

Meanwhile you do what? You're on Sup Forums.

I don't want to hear "hurr durr I have a social life", no one is literally "out" every moment they aren't sleeping unless their job requires it.

So I'm curious as to what you do besides watch TV to chill out in your own private time. Inform me.

Pic related, it's me and even I am not out drinking high quality liquor nightly

>guidos are dead
>hipsters are the new guidos
what the fuck is going on

feminization and destruction of masculinity

lol guidos used to be even more effeminate back in the day with the amount of hair spray, tanning salons, and money they'd spend on shitty clothing

Lol

>dumb gamer kiddie downloads le epic haxor cheat
>gets coin miner instead
How is this bad?

source you cia nigger

If a game was actually good, and the devs were open and upfront about using user's computers for coin mining to keep paying devs to come up with content without turning to a subscription or microtransactions, would this be a problem? It is by definition malicious, but if it was all in the open and didn't royally fuck performance over, I don't know if I'd be that upset. As long as the game isn't abandoned or they dont turn maximum jew and use all available resources, or throw in microtransactions anyways.

problem is it slowly eats away at your hard disk space. Go and try downloading the bitcoin core client and weep and your appdata folders weight gain.

is this the reason games that use the chromium web toolkit use 50% CPU or is chromium just shit?

Play single-player games that are quarantined by your firewall, and you won't have that problem.

Multiplayer games are cancer and cancer deserves to be mined with radiation.

>It is by definition malicious, but if it was all in the open and didn't royally fuck performance over, I don't know if I'd be that upset.

You mean, if it was in the open it wouldn't be malicious? I think you need to look up the definition of the word.

Don't be playing world of warships.

>you mean
>lel use a dictionary brah

Nah, he's right.
Maliciousness is an intent.
In this case there's no maliciousness since mining is defined on a contract between two parties.
You are just too retarded at using your head.

half of you probably already have one, they're all in torrented games these days

Daily reminder that Bitcoin mining is in fact false. Mining scripts target shitcoins.

Even if you had a botnet of pcs to mine with. You can't compete in bitcoin mining sector.

I think if league of legends or codoody or valve in all their games pooled in 50% of the resources of all computers using the software they distribute, a few million hosts would to some extent stand up to the chinese power plant farms

Why do private people even bother with crypocurrency anymore? Your single desktop isn't going to produce enough compared to server farms set up for it. Or the costs involved with purchasing custom boards designed to house multiple graphics cards, then running them 24/7.

It's apparently still worth doing on a large enough scale, but not for home joe with their main desktop. How many of you run a second (or more) desktops just to mine?

I've invested $30 and made $550 in less than a year. That's not groundbreaking but it's $520 more than I had.

Maybe if you’re a dumb ass.

this

bitcoin hashes are retardedly hard to solve these days. without ASICs even a massive computer farm with millions of machines would be at least an order of magnitude slower than a dedicated farm with the proper hardware