What's the oldest piece of hardware you still use daily? Pic related

What's the oldest piece of hardware you still use daily? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Griffin-PowerMate-Multimedia-Control-Knob-for-USB-Computers-Space-Grey-Assignable-USB-multimedia-controller/119332573?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=296&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9033437&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111839947&wl11=online&wl12=119332573&wl13=&veh=sem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HD7970, and I just remembered that I have a gtx 1060 in my closet. I should probably switch that out.

I hope you're using it in your retro Win9x P3 Voodoo build and not on a modern computer/OS

'86 Model M

had this forever
it's been through 7 PCs

this

>using a meme keyboard unironically
lol

Hey if it works, why replace it?

Does it even have any purpose nowadays? Is it actually any better than modern integrated sound?

How the fuck do you manage withou a scroll wheel?

no OP is a hipster

Why not?
Muh kx open source drivers

Bad driver support, mostly broken, shit quality to begin with.
It's useless, even a 30€ PCIe sound card will do much better.

>Muh kx open source drivers
They are shit though.

>They are shit though
They work fine

probably my monitors. they're like 10 year old dell pieces of lcd shit

middle button presumably ?

I have a 8400GS I swapped into the desktop I use at work after the AMD iGPU died (I guess? One day there was no display output, nothing I tried worked except installing a new GPU).

Probably my HP ZR24w monitor, I got it in 2011 and it's still a part of my main daily setup. I also still use a D-Link DIR-635 router.

My keyboard is almost 20 years old. These things last a really long time.

floppy disks

My router is a 2000 P3 Dell with some old ass ram. My system drive isn't that old but it's well over 60k hours. Still use CRT's monitors occasionally.

ur mum

Pc case and psu. They are about 10 years old.

if you posted this 2 hours ago you could have made it to reddit

handmade tower speakers from the 60s

My almost 10 year old e8500 is being used in my mining setup if that counts.

My das3 and g700 are both like 6 years old.

While not old, I still use the super ultra obsolete surface rt daily

>Is it actually any better than modern integrated sound?
yes by a lot also no protected path cia niggers

20y old keyboard. next will be CRT monitor

iPhone X

My alarm clock/radio from probably 15 years ago. It's just easier than a smart phone to set and I like waking up to news. That might change when my Home Mini arrives in a couple days.

I have two connected to my x220 in portrait and landscape. Does the job, amazing aspect ratio.
>Tfw there will never be a updated model

iPhone 7

compaq presario with pentium 133mhz ess audiodrive and s3 trio 64+ for running dos games

My 3570K I guess

I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite that I've really taken to over the past few months.
I used to shitpost with this fucking thing back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Forgot I even had it, but I was gifted an Optiplex 7010 a while back and figured I'd put this old board to good use. Weird getting used to the ergonomix layout, but this thing is amazingly comfortable once you get used to typing on it. Arrow keys are a bitch, though.
Looking forward to pairing it with a trackball soon for maxium nostalgia.

My Cross Classic Century pen, purchased by my Dad back in 1976, passed on to me and still in use pretty much daily.

Up until this week, an IBM TrackPoint L40. Now, a PlayStation 2.

if you mean electronics, the router. It's been 13 years since.

>multi channel / surround card
>with drivers that are buggy with multi channels / surround
>and microphone input is totally fucked
Yes, they "work" perfectly

audigy FX here OP. I'll use it til the day I die son

as much as people shit on Honda's vehicles, that is the only engine I've ever seen regularly have its oil changed and have only literal drops of oil come out when it's drained. those things are built to last.

lol got cucked into the model without indicator leds

Even my fucking Model F AT has them

Dell Latitude D630. They built that fucker to last.

Though, modern websites are starting to strain the specs.

you're mother

Old Dell keyboard I've had for years. Damn thing still works. Once it goes out, I won't be sad to replace it, I'll be sad I have to spend money on a new keyboard.

>lol got cucked into the model without indicator leds
But I'm still cool, right?
It's still a Model M. It makes anyone cool.

i still use my 2003 SB Live! 24bit PCI, and will continue to do so until mobos stop coming with PCI slots
i also use a dell ps/2 keyboard, but i'm not actually certain if it's older than 2003 or not

M Audio FireWire audiophile 2496 soundcard
Behringer deq2496 room eq / dynamics processor
Behringer dcx2496 6 way Infinately variable digital crossovers and temporal alignment
Hand built 600w class b balanced sub amp.

I have a few of these things but don't do much with them. I keep them around though since they have a serial port.

That's my dad's laptop, he just upgraded his to 4GiB RAM and a 1TB HDD

comfy

What even is the point of using that? You running a supermicro server motherboard with only LAN and USB at the back I/O?

>mfw my dad had 20-30 of these shits in the basement that we threw out when moving
if only i knew then the power of neckbeard economics we could be rich

Geez. And I feel bad sometimes for playing my Nintendo switch or 3ds too much and not playing anything on my 1080 for a few months

ur mums pussi

I'm that guy

this link is terribly long but it's just fucking wallmart

this thing is serious /comfy/

walmart.com/ip/Griffin-PowerMate-Multimedia-Control-Knob-for-USB-Computers-Space-Grey-Assignable-USB-multimedia-controller/119332573?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=296&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9033437&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111839947&wl11=online&wl12=119332573&wl13=&veh=sem

I still use a Plextor 5224 CD burner for daily audio CD ripping.

The USB cable that came with my FAT PS3 (the one that had the ps2 hardware in it.), after that the ps3 wireless headset (works on PC). I change my stuff (rig, monitors, kb + m) almost yearly, so I rarely have "old stuff" hanging around. I'll probably change the headset next week too cause the battery is almost dead and the earpads are worn out.

>What even is the point of using that?
Show me a non meme motherboard with proper built in multi channel sound card, no realtek shit please.

Ok guys, I think I won it

My dick.

is that a nixie tube? what do you use it for?

>audigy
this. Shits on every snibeti snabtek integrated sound hw.

My 250GB Samsung Spinpoint HDD. It's running on >10 years of power-on time.

Technics su-v7 amplifier

Computer hardware? Also an audigy 2. I use an external dac for headphones and audigy anything else.

The oldest hardware in general that I use is an audio amp I got from my dad, made in late 70s. Sounds great and I love the aesthetics.

Technics 1210 MK2 from the early 80s.

If it wasn't for new releases being money samey hungry microtransaction filled pieces of shit compared to iterative Nintendo releases which have effort put into them and are therefore fun. They also don't buy the sjw meme. I'd consider a switch a better investment for gaming nowadays than a top line GPU.

>I have no idea how to setup kx
Works on my machine, user :^)

My alarm clock is a 1999 palm VX.
uptime of ~10 years and can still run 5/6 days on battery with screen on and app open.

Newer soundcards still haven't really evolved from that, it's ridiculous.

no super, no fn but worst of all no indicator leds

No-name chinese rubberdome keyboard that came for free with a computer in 2001
It's funny when mechanical faggots think they're paying 5 times more for quality and not just clackity meme and different key feel.

You are wrong, there is plenty of much better and higher quality sound cards around, and onboard audio nowadays makes crap like audigy 2 redundant. You are not going to be able to tell the difference in AB test between audigy 2 and modern realtek chip.
There are some decent sound cards around, for instance AIM sc808 due to replaceable opamps and multiple outputs, but overall soundcards were just replaced by better external dac/amps for people who care about audio, and integrated audio for anyone else.
I have no idea who the fuck obsesses over almost vintage soundcards that offer literally nothing in 2017 almost 2018. Things like audigy 2 existed because integrated sound cards were complete ass, sounded like shit and didn't support stuff like 5.1 and such.

>uptime of ~10 years
I don't believe you.
Post htop or gtfo

>external dac/amps
I have one of these its really handy for having physical control over sound levels rather than letting software rape my ears
could probably be replaced by a variable resistor plugged into the headphone jack though

wouldn't surprise me
early PDA are designed to never be turned off, as their user storage was in RAM, so turning it off was effectively a factory reset
they tend to have an auxiliary button cell or capacitor to ensure the machine can stay in standby when swapping/replacing the main battery
basically, as long as he doesn't forget it completely for a month or go out of his way to reset it, it'll just keep running

>still use the korg tuner/metronome i got back in 2000
>phone is 2005 nokia flip-phone

I don't know, I use mine because my headphones require more power than onboard audio can provide, but I guess volume knob is nice too.

Computer hardware?
Sun Ultra Enterprise 250. Runs 24/7.

Deez nutz

a 2tb harddrive from samsung which is from 2011

How many megabytes are on that badboy?

it's a wifi adapter

Wanted one of these a few years ago when playing around with sparc/sun stuff. Settled on a small rack of 4 netra x1's. Ended up installing Debian and used them for several years.

My Sound Blaster X-Fi

I use these sometimes

A 256MB flash drive.

Oh, I have a maxed out T1 105 sitting here doing nothing. I can buy some X1s, but the lack of expansion just throws me off.

Stole one from Best Buy, I can't type on this shit to save my life. The arrow cluster is complete shit to use.

>24GB RAM
>Xeon E3-1275 V2

>.... Fujitsu T-Bird case from 1998

looks like this but with a black dvd burner

My fuckin' nigga.
I've got the speaker on mine. .It's got awesome visual quality.

I have one of those fuckers. It's useless though.

Those memory leaks though

>M Audio FireWire audiophile 2496 soundcard
Best sounding card I've owned. I just threw out the PCI version because I'll never have a PCI slot again.

>uptime of ~10 years

don't do shit like this.
you'll get insane about keeping it running at all costs and paranoid about its current working condition because you want it to keep running

Don't listen to this guy

Keep that baby alive.