/spg/ - smartphone general

Note 8 a best edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Previous Thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYSfVL1yRCk
mp3converter.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just downgraded from Note 8 to Moto G5S Plus. Don't know why people like samshit. Will use the Note as a backup phone.

How do I get the "morning flower" alarm off my s5 and onto my s8? It's the only alarm that wakes me up properly
Reposting from end if last thread

Are Sony's phones any good? Living in the US, probably switching to at&t $45/mo plan next year so I was looking at the Xa1

>not just buying an unlocked phone and putting it on any network you want

Have an s8+ and cracked the bottom two corners some and theres a single crack connecting them running through where the home button is. Should i get a new s8 or stick it out and hope the s9 comes out soo, or get something else (on verizon for phone suggestions, new s8 is like $750)?

Sony phones are unlocked.

Just bought OnePlus 5T, did I do good Sup Forums? Got 8gb/128gb one, cuz we big money big spenders out here.

S9 should be announced in January/Feb, so if you can wait 1-2 months you should.

Literally just bought an s8+. What's up poor fags

why'd you get the plus and not the normal s8 or not 8

Why didn't you buy the superior note 8?

>tfw blue note 8 64 gb is near impossible to find in physical stores

Is there a program that streams a window from my PC to my phone and let's me click?
I want to play vns on my bed

Just accidentally smashed the ever loving shit out of my iBone 6 after 3 years of owning. What get

I'm eyeing up the S8

Literally any VNC or remote desktop software

s9 is going to be a pretty minimal upgrade from the s8 though right?

Yup, unless they go dual camera for both S9 and S9+ then we’re screwed.

Wasn't that already confirmed by case leaks?

S8 or OnePlus 5T

Note 8

Wouldn't that be a good thing? In that case it would be worth it to wait and get the s9 instead of getting a replacement s8 now

Which one is the best?

is the OnePlus 5T compatible with Verizon? the site in OP says yes but google searches say otherwise.

i've ordered one too, same specs, how do you like it user?

Heard the camera's pretty solid for a midranger, and XDA loves it which is weird considering it sports a Helio P20 SoC, but I've heard good things about it

What OS do the new OnePlus phones come with anyways now that Cynogen is dead in the water?
Did they just abandon their roots and slap their own proprietary bloat on there?

>budget
$400-600
>country
US
>carrier
Verizon

Upgrading from a Samsung Galaxy S6. I don't need it to do much, but I'd like it to have a better battery life.

Only reason it wouldn't work is if you got a device locked SIM from a hardware bundle.

>lagdroid

keep s6 but replace battery with s7 edge battery, all you need is a guitar pick.

either get it repaired or wait. The S9 is coming in march at the latest, and with it means price reductions to all of Samsungs 2017 line. You can either get an upgrade or a massively discounted s8

OxygenOS, it's almost stock android with a few little features added by oneplus

I'm giving my S6 to my sister, so that's not exactly an option. I'll keep that in mind for her though.

I checked there website. Guessing the dream is dead.

*their website oh god I'm retarded

$600
decent ram and memory
strong battery
decent camera
not apple

>something strong that will last me for years please

I haven’t gotten it yet, ordered 5 hours ago lawl, my friends have it and they love it so I’m trying it out, coming from a Nexus 5 from 2013, should be good

IPHONE

Get OnePlus 5T, 6/64, and use a student discount for 10% off

Fuck off cunt

Dont support Freedom
Trying to upgrade from Moto G4 Plus
Ideas?

This
I pre-ordered the Note 8 and it's dogshit slow. My iPhone SE just stomps the Note 8 in every way.

If a contract just says 2G LTE is that simply talking about GSM?
Why the fuck would you throw LTE in there then?

Whoever wrote that should be shot.
Maybe the contract means you get 2 Gigabytes of data per month on LTE?

I have no fucking idea, I'm just gonna call them tomorrow and check I guess.
My dad ordered it without talking to me first and I'm trying to check if his phone, my old 1+1, even supports the fucking band the provider is using. It doesn't have 800 Mhz but trying to figure out what the fuck they sold him is impossible

Anyone ever just look at your s8 note and admire tree aesthetics?

This is the hands down best phone I've ever owned.

How can iPhone even compete?

I have an Xperia xz1, if you have any question just ask

im getting a note 8 in a couple of days, i like the s-pen and the fact i cant play webm's on it. If it werent for those two things i'd be buying the iphone 10. This is coming from someone who hates iphones.

Has anyone here installed LineageOS? I want to change to it, but was wondering how to migrate all my data (SMS, contacts, WhatsApp messages etc.). I read somewhere that personal data is not erased during the installation process but is this true? And if not, what is the best way of backup?

It absolutely will format your entire device.
If you use google for your contacts/messaging and stuff you can just have it back up all your data and then restore it after installing Lineage. I don't use Whatsapp so I can't help you there but I'd be shocked if there was no way to easily back it up

I installed Lineage a couple months back, coming from old ass CyanogenMod on my OPO it was a huge upgrade. Everything all of a sudden got a hell of a lot smoother, I had so much more options, and even my battery lasts probably like 30-50% longer though that is probably at least in part because it's a clean install. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

>"morning flower" alarm
That's the good shit right there. I upgraded to a V30 from and s5 and now am considering getting it too.

You can probably rip the audio from this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=iYSfVL1yRCk
using this website - mp3converter.net/
and then upload the mp3 file to your google drive, then download it and get it on your phone.

iPhone 7 is the best phone for that price, objectively speaking.

I don't want an apple device
read the post

Thought on upgrading from Moto G4 + to a LG V30?
is the V30 a good phone for the cost?

What's the smallest android/chink phone i can get to work with Sprint?

how tf do sony phones get such high battery life int tests with such miniscule batteries, and is the battery actually good in real life tests?

If a phone doesnt have sd and only has internal, can you partition it so that when you want to install custom roms etc. and need to wipe, can you save all personal data and files still?

what improvements is snapdragon 845 gonna bring except for higher clocks?

i've been using an iphone 6s for a year and a half now and i'd like to upgrade to android, but i'd like to get something from google, possibly waiting for the pixel 3 next year

Hey Sup Forums, other than the shitty camera software, is there actually anything wrong with the essential meme phone?

Thinking of picking up Huawei P8 lite(2017)
3GB Ram
CPU is "octacore"

I know Huawei is chinese but is it an alright brand?
Seems to have good specs for the price compared to other phones

Got it yesterday so it's early to say something on the battery, anyway it doesn't seem bad compares to my old galaxy s4 (battery replaced 15 months ago)

>budget: good camera
>(stock android if possible)

any ideas?

Has the same soc as my current phone i got 2.5 years ago for 200€ (honor 4x), would not recommend in 2017 for 150€, was good back in its day tho.

Should I get an Iphone 6S Plus?
I currently have an LG G4 and it's slow af
I've rooted it and running a custom ROM but compared to my friend's 6S or even my mum's Redmi Note 4 it's slow.

How's the performance on the XA1 Ultra compared to the Z series? Does the build quality feel cheap at all?

You should hurry and get rid of the G4 before it bootloops

>tfw no extremely durable oneplus one

It already did. I got a new motherboard manufactured in january 2017.

I fucking hate stupid fucking shit sound fucking shit FUCK

I run it on Verizon. Voice / texts / 3G works. No LTE. If you're okay with extremely slow internet then go ahead. I think it's fine

OPO doesn't support Band 20? Seriously?
That's literally all you get around here. Pretty glad I didn't jump on that bandwagon back then if that's the case.

I've been using a free Galaxy on5 because at the time I just needed of my parents plan, but the phone is shit

I've been thinking about the Moto G5Plus, what says Sup Forums?

my grandpa has an xperia Z3 ridden with all kinds of botnets and millions of notifications
i swear it doesn't even stutter

You won't get LTE, but you should really ask yourself, "do I even need super fast internet?"
Chances are you will be perfectly fine with just UMTS/HSPA. The only thing you really need more than that for is high def media streaming which you almost definitely aren't going to do if you are on a data plan anyways.

Just ordered the 5t I was gonna get the s8 but idk chinked again

>of
off
Fuck I'm tired

is the redmi 5 plus a bust?

Can someone who actually knows shit about processors help me here. What would the difference be between:

>Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
>Adreno 330
and
>Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
>Mali-T880MP2

Will the latter run my shitty mobage better with less overheating? What about web browsing performance?

>s8+
>all unlimited 4G SIM only plan
feels comfy man

>Buy LG V30
>dat default display size

Holy shit LG, apparently you think your customers are fucking blind or something. I had to use adb just to bring the DPI down to 470, because their "scaling settings" barely changed it

Pic semi-related, made a Pixel 2 homescreen from Nova

Is the Huawei Honor 6 any good?

Wallpaper sauss? TIA in advance.

By all mean mister, you'll like it more than any midrange Samsung.

I've already ordered it since I hear good things about it in these threads from time to time, but thank you. How's the battery life?

I have Mi A1 which almost identical with 3080 mah battery and i can safely said that 6 - 8 SOT is very common. You'll never turn back once you have a taste of 625.

what's the least botnet phone you can think of?

IPhone X

Much obliged.

>XZ1 has ability to remember your usual bedtimes so it can charge your battery at a slower rate during your 6 hours of sleep
>can't do that individually or time it yourself
Please tell me I'm wrong here, because this is fucking retarded
Not to mention it doesn't work anymore for 3 days or so if you change your sleep schedule once

Oh hey I almost forgot about that wankstain of a show