What's a good introductory language for a brainlet?

What's a good introductory language for a brainlet?

JavaScript

english

Fucking python

Definitely APL.

kindly do the needful

Python is a horrible, HORRIBLE language for people to start learning on because it encourages so many thoughts, idiosyncratic practices that don't translate over to any other kind of imperative C-Style language.

Every thing you said is perfect for brainlets, read the OP faggot

I'll bite.

> Python
If you don't know what to pick, just learn Python. It's a good general-purpose language.
> C
Pick this if you're into compsci, operating systems, etc.
> Java
Pick this if you want something higher-level than C but lower-level than Python.
> JavaScript
Pick this if you want to do web development.

None of the others are worth learning as a first language. C# is Java with less newbie resources, R is for stats, PHP is a steaming pile of shit, and Go and Swift are too new to learn as a first language.

>>learn c

Get the ansi c book. It's ~250 pages of gold written by the creator of c and is explained in a way a brainlet with google can understand.

plankalkül

For desktop application development, pick Java/C# if you want to make things fast or C/C++ if you want your things to be fast.

assembly

C

Seriously, how easy is this to learn from scratch?

Very.
Buy a arduino, get the datasheet for the atmega and a list of instructions for assembly.
This way, you can quickly dive into cool projects, it is slow enough for you to care about speed and small enough for you to care about space.
Make a ton of projects, interface with different hardware... Stuff like that.
It shouldn't take you long to learn assembly but you should realize it is not needed if you can write the same things faster in C or C++. And then learn those for desktop applications.

since you asked, probably impossible

learn the absolute basics in any language, even in fucking basic/pascal. By basics I mean functions, loops, macros, recursion, variables, constants and similar. Do highschool programming class practice tier programs. Do basic shorting algorythms and generic programming challenges.
There is a good chance that after doing this you are no longer a brainlet and can use anything els.e

C, ASM, perl, python will be the most useful.
C for linux, ASM for uC's perl/python for portable scripting.

Thanks mate

Lisp

no problem.
I had no programming experience when I started my education and aside from solving math problems with a syntax, I didn't know any programming.
Our class was taught this way (it was before arduino platforms were popular, but same chip), we also soldered one ourselves but that had nothing to do with programming.
The documentation is really good and have a lot of code samples in C and assembly after telling you how it works.
I think getting deep into how things work helps if you have trouble grasping it all.
You can easily learn shorthand if you know what it is short for.
And worst case where you don't get it all and all you can do from now on would be programming an arduino, that is okay too.
You can do a lot of useful things with that.
Look into the computing power of the rocket that landed on the moon. Do you think that would be possible today if they only knew C#?

C

this

everytihng else is a dumb meme

Python. Lots of libraries too.
Shitty syntax not really used in any other language, though.

JavaScript. Also lots of libraries, easy to use in the browser.
It's syntax is more in line with the majority of common languages.
Going from here to any C-style formatted language is fairly trivial.
JUST be sure to do said JavaScript with strict mode and force yourself to use types. You'll thank your past self for not relying on lazy interpreters.

A compiled language not based in objects, like C.
Objects are confusing constructs to get in to at the beginning, even though logically it seems to make sense later on.
Prototypes make more sense if anything and have less overhead at all levels.

Regardless of what language you use, strive to learn HOW the language works rather than the syntax.
Languages are trivial, what is less trivial is the way you go about in making things work.
Once you learn the concepts of programming you can apply it to any language by reading the spec for a few hours at most.
Easiest way to do this is look at code you have written and generate your own pseudocode for the operations happening in sequence. Or even create a sequence diagram if you are more visual when it comes to thinking. Both of these are great ways to learn ANY process.

HTML

None.
We already have enough brainlet in the field.

I want to start memeRust. Though I already know a bit of JS.

That looks like hackerman meets ancient aliens

>What's a good introductory language for a brainlet?
Ruby has a nice community and is a great language for beginners!