Thoughts?

Thoughts?

youtu.be/mTuzToTDftE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it shilling if he's the creator of linux?

good

>linux is a crappy alternative to windows but porrfags use it because it's gratis and they can't afford win10

I don't particularly like his consumer electronics reviews but this video is well documented and comprehensive.

He got the thing right, wine is not an emulator, installing drivers, winetricks and playonlinux etc...It's a good video for starters who would want to try and game in linux.

btw, installing linux only on a "brand new shiny gaming rig" isn't something i would recommend. kind of a waste if you ask me, and i've been using linux for almost a decade as my main OS.

Gratis? Svensk?

Why would I want to game on Linux? I wouldn't try making waffles with a curling iron.

it's a latin word

Some games apparently do run faster in wine/natively on linux than on windows

Such as?

Why is Linux Torvalds shilling his own shit again?

>implying Windows can't be had for free
lolwut?

youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g

Watch the video, that's what he uses as the primary argument for linux

Normies won't switch, no matter how much Unix Sebastian shills his Linux OS

>faggot who can't install Linux and instead relies on Luke or one of his asian soyboys, making a video about Linux

Is this rat faced midget faggot for real?

yeah they'd rather use a botnet version of windows for free than using linux. And if it's for gaming they're kinda right.

To want to use Linux because it's free, you would have to be able to afford a gaming-ready computer AND have the knowledge to build it (prebuilts would have Windows) AND be unable to afford an OS for it BUT be unable or unwilling to pirate it. That really has to be a tiny number of people, and it wouldn't make sense for gamedevs to produce games for those people because it's already been established that they can't or won't pay for software.

I imagine almost everyone trying to game on Linux are people who have abandoned Windows for philosophical/"ethical" reasons but still want to play some games. If that sounds like you, good luck. I'm going to carry on using Windows for games. The alternatives are too awkward and limited.

Posting LTT threads is a violation of the following rules:

Global Rule 2:
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
The main audience and target audience of LTT is underage, and posting LTT invites underage audiences against the rules.

Global Rule 6:
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
LTT in itself is extremely low-quality, and not only is it uninformative but also misinforms, ergo all threads relating to it are low-quality as a result.

Global Rule 10:
>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.
The frequency of this marketing channel being posted has by now evolved into legitimate spam.
It is not a tech channel (isn't involved in any creation or repair of tech), it is a marketing channel.

To feed into the above:
Global Rule 11:
>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
LTT checks all the above boxes as a strictly marketing channel which doesn't produce any technology, maintain any technology, and exists solely to spam and advertise for marketing money.

Bonus rules being broken by posting LTT:
Sup Forums Rule 2:
>Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/.

I remember one video comparing the performance on one of the Assassins Creed gaymes and it was quite a bit better on loonix

Also I heard DOOM (new one) was pretty solid as well

Lunatics Tech Tips shouldn't advocate getting nVidia on Linux, the Radeon support is much better

Ah sheeit, I didn't see the ">"

Of all the people giving tips regarding Linux, OP posted the one faggots who is mentally incapable of even installing it, let alone giving tips on it.

Take this shit to Sup Forums, i hope their computers break trying to follow his "tips".
Fucking underage retards.

I use Linux becase there is nothing comparable to KWin on Windows.
>inb4 hurr use these barely working Autohotkey scripts some street shitter made.
I want a stable system that won't get stuck on updates that are forced, I get to decide if and when my software is updated.
I need a good font rendering since I work with computers, Windows doesn't provide such feature.
Hope Sup Forums grows up someday.

>the one faggots who is mentally incapable of even installing it,
proofs?

How about every time he admitted it and Luke talked about having to install it for him?
Google it.

it sounds like you have a hardon for Luke, and maybe soon he will release his own channel, but for now supporting Linus is supporting Luke

I have a hardon for not seeing scammers being posted on Sup Forums, and underage like yourself being banned.

>supporting shills

>I want a stable system that won't get stuck on updates that are forced, I get to decide if and when my software is updated.
Counterpoint: Assuming you use a package manager, you usually have less freedom regarding updates than you do on Windows. Yes, you can delay installation longer and more reliably than Win10 will allow; but you still can't pick and choose which pieces to install. Worse, your software is updated along with the OS. You can't update Gimp without updating the kernel, and vice versa. You can try installing non-managed packages from their website, but this is nowhere near as reliable as an exe/msi installer on Windows.

Distros address this problem in one of two ways. They can go the Debian route of providing only very old software and never updating it except to fix security flaws; or they can go the Arch route of releasing bleeding edge betas of everything and assuming everyone always wants everything ASAP.

I wouldn't want Paint.NET to update whenever I applied a random Windows patch. In fact, except for security sensitive items like browsers, I normally avoid updating application software if it's working correctly and does everything I need it to do. I haven't updated Photoshop or Sublime Text in a long time, for example.

Is linus also a programmer or can he only shill hardware?

>literally twice as old as you should be to browse here
>underage
what did he mean by this?

really gets that noggin joggin

Whether you are twice as older physically is debatable, but mentally you are underage for watching LTT since that's his target audience for his scams, which makes you qualified enough for a ban.

>~40 years old
>watches shill videos literally made for stupid kids who want to tell others in school how much they know about the "latest tech"

Whoa didn't know that grown ups type like 11 year old kids on YouTube. I'm quite a bit younger than you, my dude, but unlike you, I am _VERY_ mature for my age.

he probably knows a little coding, you can't be around tech for 20 years (assuming he started working at NCIX at 16) and not learn something even as basic as HTML or CSS (inb4 python faggots don't think website building is coding)

but he admits upfront that he started as a vendor/sales person

>always believed that Linus shills towards children because he has no capability to scam adults out of money as they are above his level
>this manchild comes in and proves me wrong
Ah well, there's retards at every age i guess.

You can very well freeze the package you don't want updated.
Plus begin packages instead of the trainwreck of Windows updates you can know what's being updated.

>I am _VERY_ mature for my age.
Define mature

>scam

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!

shouldn't you guys be posting in Rick and Morty threads?

Shouldn't you be on /r/linusshilltips?

He's entirely wrong on the AMD front

unlike you, I don't visit that website

>being this butthurt
Pathetic.

Website building is not coding.

The only thing less sad than scamming retarded children is scamming retarded adults like yourself, because at least it makes sense for children to be retarded.

I guess you developed Stockholm Syndrome after you went to the LTT fan meetup and realized you were a lone adult retard among countless children.

k

You don't understand my sophisticated hobbies!
MOOOOOOM!

Can I freeze all application software (meaning anything not essential to the OS itself), update things piecemeal whenever I want, and except things to continue working? Hopefully without having to use the CLI and type out all the package names?

I play 99% old games which will never be ported and can't be emulated.

Fuck this world.

And before you ask: Yes, I DO have a raid bucket.

>twice as old
So which of these 3 chaps in the middle are you my manchild friend?

reported to rms

You can choose what software/packages you want to install or not.
also, most upgrades don't depend on a specific kernel version but will work for a range or kernel versions (unless it relies on some recent fix/update of the kernel of course)

You can still choose to install/update an application from a PPA or even from source if you want a specific version.

You can even chose what version of the kernel you want to use and can keep several older ones installed. (in fact it retains older kernels by default if you don't apt-get autoremove).
It really more convenient than windows updates in every way.

Yeah? disable the update repos.

Is Linux generally better for battery life, are there distros that focus on it?
I don't think I can replace Windows on my main PC, but since I only use my laptop for ebooks/pdfs, scriptwriting, and films, I'd be willing to give Linux a shot.

Linus Torvalds is actually the creator of GNU and popular GNU related software like KDE.

The linux kernel was created by Steve Balmer.

Linus is always complaining about the OS being called Linux while all the user land applications are KDE based, like the GCC compiler. Linus therefore wants Linux to be called Systemd/Linux

He asked about programming, not coding.

nobody gives a shit about "muh geymz"

win10 is a mess, but linux distros are an even bigger and stinkier mess

>lelele GNOME sux
>hurr KDE ugly shit for blind retards
>kek XFCE in 2017
>wayland a shit
>xorg a ballz
>LMAO HE BOUGHT NOVIDEO GPU
>mfw ayyMD poorfags
>guys who do i fix tearing
>why is my cursor lagging
>how do i into font rendering
>look at this NOOBUNTU fag
>fedora fags on suicide watch
>mom_cancel_my_meetings_arch.jpg
>red hat is killing linux, how do we stop them
>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to...

Any game that uses opengl/vulkan and does not have drm

I use KDE Neon, I get like 3 hours in a cheapo Samsung NP270, it's almost double the battery life than on Windows.
Thanks for reminding me how awful this shithole is with the the shills and 10 years old from Sup Forums

>Literally 15 years older than me
>Watches Ynoutube autists whose main audience are kids half my age
I haven't laughed this much in so long

enjoy no games loser lol

I'll need to look back into that. I do remember being frustrated that I couldn't just install some random new or old version of whatever program I want, as is standard on Win/OSX.

He explained all the ins and outs of wine / playonlinux well enough.

Good job Drop Boi.

>how dare you watch someone on youtube your own age
>shouldn't you be watching ijustine

you can freeze packages but then you have absolutely no guarantees, that a package built for, say, fedora 26, will work in fedora 27, due to changed libraries and shit.

that's one of the problems with linux distros. Software isn't build for "linux", it's built for fedora 26, fedora 27, ubuntu 16.04, etc. Backwards compatibility is non-existant

>ijustine
You get insulted for watching a shill whose scam targets are children,
and you instead name a bimbo in a sarcastic attempt whose one good point over Linus is that she isn't a scammer.
Good job at showing your wasted years at mental development jimbo.

You can't make this shit up.

In what way does he scam people?
I don't really enjoy his content, but he doesn't ask people for money like so many other channels do.

The vids are just a little too flashy and simplified for my taste. But I can see the appeal for a variety of audiences and age groups.

>in what way does his cam people
If marketing Razer products isn't enough,
the GPU baking vid which was thankfully pulled down wasn't enough, him contradicting himself about acceptable CPU temperatures because the video was sponsored or being caught plenty of times lying by omission, this video is proof enough.
Even his case reviews are only half the information that HardwareCancadcucks provide, for good reason, because putting all the information would mean he has to abandon a sponsored scam.

>A vocal linux community that will help you

I guess someone hasn’t been on Sup Forums. Shitting on you for not knowing the ins and outs of linux and using
>the wrong distro

He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.

I see you have a lot of spare time...

Get a life dude

Hellre än att stödja microsoftjuden.

>doesn't recognize the oldpasta
>watches LTT yet tells others to get a life
Another LTT 13 year old which has come to reduce the quality of this board.

how about instead of just
>hurr durr you guys are dumb
you suggest tech youtube channels that aren't dull

>you suggest tech youtube channels that aren't dull
How about you stop posting on a site whose age requirements you haven't met? That's one way to beat dullness at your age. Don't forget to do your homework, i know it's dull but you'll one day learn why adults do dull things in dull ways.

This board isn't called entertainment, it's called technology.
If you don't like dull, go take your smelly diaper ass to Sup Forums or Sup Forums where you belong.

>30 year olds should do homework

I grade homework, but currently we are on winter holiday

Unfortunately, some 30 year olds are too retarded for their age and have special classes with special homework.
You can find some other board to feint adulthood. Come back when you stop drinking your mother's milk and grow some pubes.

Christmas break*

>LTT viewer who grades homework
Another generation of kids ruined by retards being allowed near them.

Just the fact he said "it's actually possible to play games on linux" and "there is steam on linux" is quite enough.

again, instead of
>hurr durr you're a child
how about you suggest something...

clearly there is nothing better otherwise someone would've said something, right? RIGHT?!?!?

There is plenty better. The problem is that it's filmed by actual tech experts who you will call dull because your underage mind requires 9 gag standards of humor to pay attention to something, which is why you are mentally underdeveloped. One example is Professer Messer.

>AMD on loonux sucks

Nigga ain't used linux in about 2 years.
AMDGPU is fucking blazing.

Cuck midget ain't used Linux ever actually.

shit for brains

sage

>son, how do I...
>Cunter Stroke: Cyka Blyat
>KAPPA KAPPA XDDDDDDDDD
>hey guise, welcum to roblix lets play #493
>DEAR, what's this "Edge" thing?
>Hey Cortana... SUCK MY DICK OLOLOLO
>hello sir, pls do needful sir install NotVirus.exe
>Omg i want a macccccccc
>dude, fuck telemetry, I'm going back to 7
>Just install LTSB, bro!
>Sorry, we're gonna need a version of Windows without Media Player, can't have monopolies in eurocuckland, y'know
>Something happened: something happened
>excited_windows_insider_wintoddler.jpg
Yeah, come on, Windows is no better in its community.

>using Sup Forums for help
Retard

why did you link me a podcaster? I listen to plenty of tech podcasts, I'm looking for a computer tech reviewer who isn't shit...

>XDDDDDD they have the same first name so they must be the same person