THANK YOU BASED GORHILL

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/3374

tldr: the end of Hiro's ad trickery, at least for Firefox 57+ users

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet
zdnet.com/article/firefox-tests-cliqz-engine-which-slurps-user-browsing-data/
drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Currently only Firefox 57+ allows this.

I'm on Chromium and I don't see any ads on Sup Forums

I'm on Opera, and I saw the ads reappear once but they're not appearing anymore. Thank you based gorhill.

Hiro can go fuck himself. Almost two weeks of silence

>using any version other than 57.

Ublock Origin blocks the Hiro ads by default on Chrome too.

YOU CANNOT SHILL AGAINST THE GORHILL

Hirofaggots on suicide watch.

for me it breaks the css here and there in chromium

*hiro uses a random string*

fpbp

That's probably because you installed some shitty script to attempt to block it and it ruined CSS in the process.

Delete all custom Sup Forums filters from ublock origin, update it, purge caches and update all filters.

what gorhill is referring to is that until the chrome devs impliment it, you need ubO extra in order to be fully covered
there were some scripts that could've threatened firefox before 57, requiring a ubO extra for firefox, but 57 is all good and doesn't need a ubO extra

>you need ubO extra in order to be fully covered
I don't have Extra and I have yet to see a single ad or stylesheet break on Chromium

In other words the cucks who've been using ubo until now have been loading all the scripts at all times while ab* users did not have that problem.

i'm on firefox and i don't see any ads on Sup Forums.

>what gorhill is referring to is that until the chrome devs impliment it, you need ubO extra in order to be fully covered

> ublock
> ublock origin
> ublock origin extra

Vegeta: as for me, I will find a level BEYOND ublock origin extra!

Tien: So, what? Like ublock origin extra mega? Ultra?

Vegeta: ... you're mocking me.

Tien: .. MAXIMUM OVER ublock origin extra!

Vegeta: FUCK OFF, TRICLOPS!

>using a literal botnet to dodge a botnet

Look up the definition of a botnet before calling it a "literal botnet"

It's wrong, xul-based addons are even more powerful than 57+-style addons.

just use ublock origin and ublock origin extra

who the fuck still cares about that? just use that dumb greasemonkey script and keep noscript on block

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet
>Abotnetis a number ofInternet-connected devices, each of which is running one or morebots.

zdnet.com/article/firefox-tests-cliqz-engine-which-slurps-user-browsing-data/
>Users who receive a version of Firefox with Cliqz will have their browsing activity sent to Cliqz servers, including the URLs of pages they visit

drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html
>It involved sideloading a sketchy browser extension which willinvert text that matches a list of Mr. Robot-related keywords like “fsociety”, “robot”, “undo”, and “fuck”, and does a number of other things like adding an HTTP header to certain sites you visit.
>This extension was sideloaded into browsers via the “experiments” feature. Not only are these experiments enabled by default, but updateshave been knownto re-enable it if you turn it off.
>Apparently it was a mistake that this showed up on the addon page, though - it was supposed to be silently sideloaded into your browser!

Look up the definition of kys please.

Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

boards.Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js,String.fromCharCode)*mgid.com

These have been working for me.

Completely superfluous.