Windows cucks of Sup Forums, when will you finally ditch Windows and set yourself free away from it for good...

Windows cucks of Sup Forums, when will you finally ditch Windows and set yourself free away from it for good, in favor of a distribution?

When i can run games without any hassle, i love Zorin os, it's perfect except for learning the terminal just to get the bullshit i want, I like GUI installation, you may think it's better, which is fine, but i personally don't like it, i wanna do what i want and not tinker for hours in the terminal , Linux will never get native game support for the games i want so ill never fully switch

Inb4 "be productive"
You have your hobbys, like Linux, i have mine so stop acting like anyone's hobby is any better then others

i just have it dual-booted so i can occasionally game or run certain programs. best of both worlds.

When Linux becomes anything but a basement dweller's fiddling toy.

>b-but muh servers
>b-but muh programming
Linux is far from being ready for proper consumer use.

If I have to switch before then, I'll move to macOS.

What's the point of switching to Linux if I would run proprietary software on it anyway?

>>Linux is far from being ready for proper consumer use.
being a brainlet """consumer""" isnt something to be proud of, user

less likely to be running botnet software

Yet freetards want to appeal to them.

yes.
ok.

>>Yet freetards want to appeal to them.
we want for you to become smarter and more in control of your life, not to dumb things down to cater to people who refuse to do so.

You sound butthurt user, are you projecting perhaps?

games aren't a noble hobby you autist its like masturbating the good parts of your life away because you were too nervous to strike up any conversation

>More control
>Can't play the majority of games (Believe it or not, they aren't just for children)
>Can't use actual, up to date, professional productive software at native performance
>Have to use sub-par WINE or a VM
>B-but I have control! I'm going to rice the shit out of this

all these guhnu lincucks mad windows still exists
What kind of pathetic autist gives a shit about whether a hobby is "noble"?

>Believe it or not, they aren't just for children

>games aren't a noble hobby you autist
>probably watches children's cartoons aka anime

Keep telling yourself that, user.

>Game has 18+ rating
>Gaming is for children
>18+ rating
>Children
>Rating

That is a dumb argument, everyone knows that "+18" is just a formality and CoD/GTA are aimed mostly at 14 year olds, companies aren't stupid.
Smart adults tend to play other games.

>I'm not a child because I reached a certain age!
oh user

Legally he isn't though. Unlike your definition of being a child, which is "likes things I don't like"

>vidya
>current year

>18 - 21
>adult

When I can run games hassle-free on Linux, I'll make the switch. I've been dabbling in Linux since I first installed Mandrake back in 1998.

Bought SuSe from Best Buy around 2001. Installed Gentoo in 2004. Dabbled in Ubuntu and Mint when they made it big. Dicked around with a slew of other distros over the years. They're still not where they need to be in terms of games and hardware support. I don't game like I used to, so maybe at some point I won't care about them much at all. But for the time being, the lack of gaming support is a huge setback.

at the moment, it's video and image editing and gaymes. also the fact that i still haven't figured out a way to copy files from/to a USB drive

>thinks software compatibility is control
What's it like being a brainlet, user?

+1
Sup Forums should have upvotes

Installed mint, installed proper drivers, frame tearing. Reinstalled windows.

hold on i want to play some overwatch
*shuts down*
*boots up*
*switches to windows*
*waits for boot*
*logs in*
*starts overwatch*
huh i want to do some shitposting/work but i cant just use windows for that no sir! street cred is important on Sup Forums
*shuts down*
*boots up*
*switches to linux*

ahhh the life of a dualbooter