Mechanical Keyboard Thread - /mkg/ - Peripherally Keyboard Related

Outdated pastebins and traposting edition.

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/DREVO-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B07254CGXF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514600239&sr=8-1&keywords=DREVO 84 Key Gramr Backlit Edition Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Brown Switch Black
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/japan_shopping_guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mmmm santa liked ma cocky very much

second for linears are the only good cherry style switch

>implying my rainbow K-Type doesn't have more stainless steel than your shitty 60percent non rgb Chinese with knockoff gateron switches

>Edge RGBs too

is this a gay keyboard competition? cause i would win

I need a value 60% mkb, any suggestions from experience anons?

Someone said that he was working on those pastebins.. what happened to him?
Also i can update it all but it has to be a GitHub project

not the rainbow OKLB xMassdrop Planck MIT layout which I'm waiting on but still

did you get Halo Clears or Trues?

>got one of each but only have the clear atm

>learn2massdrop
>wait for poker drop
>????
>delivery of poker

What is the reason EU keyboards have this stupid blocky enter key? I prefer US keyboards for this very reason. Who made this decision originally?

i got the halo trues, got a set of cherry stabilizers coming and a set of gmk hyperfuse redux to throw on aswell

The accompanying keycaps for the K type have a really nice white matte with a slight sparkle, I'm replacing them soon but still it's core cute

Also want a miuni32 since it's a relatively inexpensive project

It's an ISO standard
>ISOlluminati

Now that the dust has had a chance to settle...what is Sup Forumss opinion on the sculpt ???

Lookin for a cheap board.
$60 bucks CAD is my budget
Cherry reds are preferred but i understand if they lie in the high end range since i havent found any within my price range
On the fence on whether i should get tkl because my desk is a little small

>Budget
$70AUD, im willing to spend around $110 but I'd rather not

>Location (continent at least)
Australia, NSW

>Preferred switch type
Gateron Browns

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
Anything from 60% - 80%

>Backlight
Don't care

>Previous/current keyboards
Some shit chink board with blue chink switches

tada68

It doesn't make any sense because the big enter key is unsighty and cumbersome. Even the sound of US enter key is different, it's more elegant and agile to use. I am really sad this has happened. Europeans don't know what it is like to type on a premium keyboard with proper enter key. It's like visiting Louvre but all the paintings are covered with cloth so you can't really see anything.

The logitech g610 is on sale for $80CAD is it worth it?

mentally ill

Anyways are there any keyboards with:
Brown switches
PBT keycaps
RGB backlighting
Full or TKL

I'm more than mentally ill I'm probably well past the definition of insane

Sounds like you're describing the CODE Full-size, mine has browns and is really satisfying for long writing or coding

How shit are Logitech's Romer-G switches?

>amazon.ca/DREVO-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B07254CGXF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514600239&sr=8-1&keywords=DREVO 84 Key Gramr Backlit Edition Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Brown Switch Black
thoughts on this?

So bad, that they thought having two leaf contacts was a good idea, so now you'll have to deal with key chatter, along with not being able to replace the shitty thin ABS keys.

Romer-G is really the epitome of gamer-bullshit marketing where all the materials are cheap, and the only focus is having a stupid LED in the middle of the keycap, which does absolutely nothing except for leaving you with a mushy switch that has key chatter and shitty keycaps.

>tfw spic
>too afraid about not getting used to the english keyboard layout
>almost no spanish mechanical keyboards

I had Romer-G when I was clueless and wanted instant gratification. After I opened the box and set the keyboard on my desk, my first initial feeling was that "are these broken..?" because they are really loose and flimsy. It almost feels like a broken rubberdome or something. I wasn't happy at all. Regardless the keyboard didn't last too long either before it broke down.
Do not buy. Just get Reds if you need to but even those are bit so-and-so.

>almost no spanish mechanical keyboards
just use altGr

Red or blue? I can not decide which color case is more suitable for this keycaps

mechanical keyboards is such a shitty and overpriced meme. no idea what you fags see in this shit besides asmr autism faggotry

>i don't like a thread about people that chose every single detail of their keyboard and will tell them how shitty and dum they are.

keycaps
switches
plate
case
pcb
layout
leds
orings
lube
cable
layout
form factor
software

wake me up when logibrech checks 5 of those

mx reds mx blacks mx reds

[tab] q w o p [ ] \
[capslock] a s l ; '
[lshift] z x . / [rshift]

who ergonomic touch-typist here?

Brainlet OP here, what am I looking at in this chart?

Damn that sounds bad

Is the Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro any good? I'd really want RGB but I see there's non-RGB ones with PBT keys, which are supposed to be better. I was also looking at Corsairs but the FAQ(s) say they're shit.

>I was also looking at Corsairs but the FAQ(s) say they're shit.
corsairs are okay if you get them as a gift. like myself. i wouldnt have paid $200 for this.
>nonstandard keycap sizes
>there appears to be a piece of plastic stuck in the volume roller so it sounds shitty
>corsair software

corsair and razer keyboards suffer from a brand tax. the keyboards themselves aren't that bad, but they're too overpriced. If you want RGB and PBT keycaps then Ducky has you covered

I see there's Ducky Twos as well. From what I've heard, Duckies (sp) are good, and Sup Forums really likes them. This even't blind hivemindism overreated shit is it?

Spic here
Just set any us keyboard to us international you can put accents with Ctrl + '
And ñ with Ctrl + ~ then N
Spanish layout literally doesn't exist in mechanical keyboards, I looked for months and even keycaps are imposible or more expensive than cheap keyboards, I got used to us international in a couple of weeks

It's like Red switch but it feels like the spring is broken. So it's really loose and the key moves even from the slightest pressure. It's not very good even for gaming. It's probably good if you have some kind of medical problem so your fingers lack strength etc but for normal people I don't see any reason to recommend it.

> I don't like people criticizing and talking about what the thread is about

ĩ literally responded to him with all the things you can do with a mechanical keyboard, what the fuck are you talking?

dat be sum bullshit mon

Red looks better imo

red wunz go fasta ya gitz

Is 0.01 Z70 worth buying?

CM Masterkey Pro S, Ducky One RGB TKL, or IKBC F87?

Brown keys.

ducky one or cm storm rapid-i. the pro s is also fine, i guess, if you want rgb. i use the rapid-i, and i loved using a friend's full-size ducky rgb. i love my rapid-i more, though

Ducky

Fuck, forgot to mention that yes, I want RGB

FUCK THE DUCKIES ARE SOLD OUT

Also not sure if I want white or black keycaps

Just got mine. Love it.

Who is gayer? Sup Forums or /srg/?

I can't type for any extended period without my MX Greens. I haven't had a single handcramp since I bought my board.

>mfw people like her actually exist

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""her""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Where is your gun?

Yeah nah. Bump

>he posts his attention whore picture again
Wew what a surprise

Well, that's the puffiest vulva I've ever seen.

You're cute user. I like you.

*blushes*

I'm not seeing a gun.

>Budget
$150 usd
usa
>Preferred switch type
cherry clears
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
65-80%
>Backlight
white or nothing
2 dollar keyboard I got from goodwill

I've done some research and it looks like the racer 3 is my ideal keyboard with f-keys and arrows keys. If anyone has any alternatives or suggestions on where to buy it, since I can't find it anywhere, it'd be appreciated

>giving him the replies he wants instead of just reporting him
???

What brands on AliExpress are good? I'm looking for Kailh/Gateron/Cherry whites, clears or blues with 87 keys. The places listed in the links in the OP generally don't ship to funland
I just need something to replace my membrane keyboard, which was the only one I could find with some actual elevation on the keys and a reasonable ANSI layout. It's uncomfortably wide, but the only TKL ANSI mech board I can find out here has Cherry reds

Thoughts on ducky keyboards?

So I learned about magazine safety today. What have you learned today?

>Budget
$120

Tokyo, Japan

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Black or REd

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
80%

>Backlight
RGB, only to be enjoyed ironically of course.

Literally a fucking Dell PS/2 piece of garbage. I've just never gotten around to updating it.

Nice socks user.

Ducky one and get the rgb version

what do you guys think about the majestouch2 tkl?

Why do you think two contact leaves are worse than one? If they are redundant, as they are on romer g, there is not a single scenario where two leaves would have more chatter than a single one.

Are keycap legends the only difference between different ISO boards (ISO-DE, ISO-N, etc.)?

Yeah.

They make the best RGB keyboards you can buy. Their other keyboards are okay too

I've got a Razer black widow and it weights as much as a fucking mountain

What are you talking about? These switches are designed to chatter no matter how hard you think they won’t. Adding more contact points will make it worse

>Adding more contact points will make it worse

How so? This makes no sense, since they are redundant. One contact failing wont make the switch chatter until the other one also starts to fail.

>Racer 3
Amazon or mechanicalkeyboards dot com
Though with that budget you can get a KBD75 which is much more fun with (optional) RGB and better keycap compatibility.

>Tokyo, Japan
And you're asking for advices here?
Go to the shops and touch all of them with your filthy fingers.

Most keyboards by KBDFans.
Leopold and Filco boards.
Also the Topre-clone Niz Plum.

Yeah the stores in akiba have a decent selection but they're usually japan-specific layouts and products. I don't really want those, so I wanted to get something more standard from amazon or something.

Read this
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/japan_shopping_guide
Yes, it's Reddit. Yes, it's super useful.
Look for Leopold and Filco i guess? Those are popular inside and outside of Japan, so finding an ANSI one shouldn't be hard.

>Budget
$70

USA

>Preferred switch type
Probably Cherry MX blue

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
80% or 100%

>Backlight
Not important

Logitech classic keyboard 200

>One contact failing wont make the switch chatter until the other one also starts to fail.
Was your dad a challenger engineer?

>Finding an ANSI one shouldn't be hard.

Bro Japan is weird about this stuff. Tons of things you would think would be reasonably easy to do/find simply aren't, and for no good reason.

Also that guide is more focused on buying from japan and shipping to the US if you don't know japanese, or "lol go to yodabashi". Yodabashi is legit where you go to buy everything in Akiba .
So what filco or leopold boards would you recommend? Or, what would you recommend assuming I can just find it on amazon?

where2cop ISO 75%'s without keycaps?

KBD Fans

>doesnt know how a contact leaf works

Yeah, definitely retarded.

Only thing I can find on them is missing keys (65% vs 75%), not ISO, or comes with keycaps.

Am I retarded? Where am I not looking?

this is a cute pic

yes what else would she be??

Filcos on diatec webstore are very customizable, you should take a look. On amazon search for Leopold 750R PD or 980R PD. Archiss are also pretty good and very cheap, they are the current Leopold OEM, but their keycaps are ABS doubleshot instead of PBT like the Leopolds.

Has anyone here switched from (MX Cherry) Blues to (Gateron) Reds? How was it? You can ignore the part in the brackets, it's just what I'm doing.
Used blues for years and ordered a red keyboard just now... hope I don't hate it and have to return it. I do like the tactility of the blues a lot so I don't know how I will feel about linear switches, but the lighter press of the reds are appealing for some games.

I do, you however don’t

>he doesn't have cherry MX silent black stems in a housing composed of zealio bottoms and outemu anti wobble tops with gold plated 62g stems and kryox gpl 104 based artisian mix tube all soldered into a sound dampened and hand wired teensy powered cherry 1800 chassis topped off with signature plastics sculpted and hand polished SA profile white on back keycaps connected with a hand made coiled USB cable

Are you even trying fucking plebs

Hows the ducky RGB software though? I'm a huge whore for crazy customization.

The One has no software. The shine does. Both can do the same thing. You can look up guides on reddit on how to program all sorts of effects like snake/marquee

>Budget
100$ (350 PLN)

>Location
Poland

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX red or blue

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
80% or 100%

>Backlight
don't care

>Current keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition with green swiches. Few switchheees aree double clicking, so I'm looking for a replacment

I'm considering buying HyperX Alloy FPS. I'cant find anything better at that price point. I was also looking on amazon.de but there were mostly german layouts and overpriced US variants. Any thoughts ?

What about the Plum with Gaterons?

What's the rarest switch?