Proton Mail

Thoughts? I don't trust google or gmail anymore.

I use mailfence. Protonmail seems gay

Been using it since 2nd beta wave, currently on payed account for over 1 year and very happy. Don't care that they shill for left. As an email provider it's perfect for me.

Why not RebeccaBlack? Or does it not exist anymore?

using yandex mail here, my emails are somewhere in russia also pretty cool that you don't get spammed with news

After messing with protonmail for a while I just don't feel like I trust it. Going to use Fastmail instead.

based ruski
lol

Why not just use cock.li?

because it's connected to Tor

> they shill for left
Guess I'll have to look at a different provider then. Fucking politics getting into everything.

So far I like their service, the protonmail bridge was a nice touch.

lel

How about focus on self-improvement rather than complicating matters with concern for thoughts typed in email that would not matter if they were made public?

> t.

Most falcons are millennials considering the lifespan of the species.

bluemail

Avoiding the "botnet" is impossible.

>I don't trust google or gmail anymore.
Are you implying you ever trusted google?

Avoiding burglary is also impossible, doesn't mean we should stop locking our cars and houses.

Can you imagine sincerely believing anyone has the time or interest to read your emails specifically? Or sincerely believing that anything read could then be used to hurt you (unless you were dumb enough to use a service linked to your real world identity for illegal shit)?

>Users: 1.2 billion (July 17, 2017)
I'm sure you're much safer among thousands on a service people use for shady shit than a billion on a mainstream one

kok lee

>reaction images in lieu of an argument

> not making an argument
> "y u use reaktiin img insted of agrument?!?!"

ProtonMail is a meme. Their support is terrible, and it's run by retards that can't even """train""" a bunch of pajeets to update their status page. Just read through all the complaints on their subreddit to get an idea of their incompetence.

fair point.

Overall its probably one of the better services out there. They use good encryption practices, are hosted somewhere reasonable assuming you're not using the account for anything that might be highly illegal, and are open to working with users for improvements (ie they have a requested features page you can vote, they add them etc). They are generally open source and contribute to important privacy and security causes online so your cash is going somewhere reasonable.

Alternatives?

Tutanota is similar to Proton in some ways but based in Germany. Not quite as many features and whatnot as Proton has developed but overall still solid and encrypted by default.

KolabNow is also Swiss, supports great open source projects and privacy causes etc... as well as has a whole integrated platform for businesses and whatnot. Note that they're not encrypted by default the way ProtonMail and a few others are (ie browser encrypted etc) but you an run OpenPGP as you like etc. I hear they may be adding proton-like encryption soon? That was awhile ago, maybe that's already done as I read they have perfect forward secrecy now too. Note this is NOT a free service; cheap, but not free.

Mailfence - Similar to Tutanota and ProtonMail but based in Belgium. Seems pretty reasonable but I've not looked into them in depth.

Disroot - Based in the Netherlands, this doesn't just offer email but also everything that NextCloud provides too. They are a nonprofit foundation that is set up to fight for digital rights, privacy, anonymity, and generally activism. Kinda like RiseUp but not based in the USA or AI but not based in Italy. Worthwhile to support. Good group, I just hope they can afford to keep offering these services and it doesn't get shit up by idiots.

thanks my dude